BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> TRAINSPOTTING, Danny Boyle classic
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post 11th April 2020, 01:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Voted the all time greatest Scottish film in a BFI 2004 poll, I think it has a good right to be called a Scottish icon x Telling a sometimes brutal story of poverty in rural Edinburgh, Trainspotting was one of the first big successes for Danny Boyle and also the breakout for future Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ewan McGregor

-x-

I really loved this film, it's so striking in its style and you can really see its influences throughout all of Boyle's other work, and its themes are still really strong, especially in a place like Edinburgh which you usually only see the more flourishing side of! I never saw the sequel, T2, though, I wasn't totally sure it needed one.

Have you seen this film? Would you like to see it and are you aware of it's impact? xo
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 11th April 2020, 01:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

I’ve not seen it frankie.png

I keep meaning to watch it though!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 5th May 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I’ve decided to steal this topic from movies as it’s such an iconic 90s film and deserves more discussion!

I loved it. I got all the soundtracks at the time and even went to see a live stage version. It felt like THE film of an era to me, a bit like the movie version of britpop.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 6th May 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Saw this in 96 in a tiny cinema before it became widely known. Iconic 90s film - helped by the posters and the superb soundtrack.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:10 PM