BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> OCC: Shawn Mendes' Top 10 Biggest Songs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 2nd December 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Shawn Mendes' Top 10 biggest songs on the Official Singles Chart
02 December 2020 | By George Griffiths

In just seven years, Shawn Mendes has managed to bridge the gap between social media sensation and actual pop superstar - and made the transition feel like a breeze. It's a template taken on by other influencers looking to take on the charts - from YouTuber KSI to TikTok-er Dixie D'Amelio.

Shawn's chart dominance looks set to continue, too, with the release of his fourth studio album Wonder.

Now armed with a string of hit singles, below we count down the Canadian hitmaker's Top 10 (and one honourable mention) biggest hits on the Official UK Chart - including two Number 1s and four singles with over one million chart sales...

Honourable mention: Youth ft. Khalid
Just missing out on a spot on the Top 10, moody midempo banger Youth ft. Khalid - which peaked at Number 35 in 2018 - ranks as Shawn's 11th biggest song in the UK.

10. Life Of The Party (2014)

Shawn's debut single may now live in the shadow of mega-hit Stitches, but it got his career off to an auspicious start. Despite only reaching Number 99 on the Official Singles Chart, it's endured over the years as more people discovered him, notching up 260,000 chart sales to date - not bad.

9. Lost In Japan (2018)

Helped along by a snazzy remix from Zedd, Lost In Japan - the second single from his 2018 self-titled album - clocks in with a combined sales total of 447,000 and has been streamed in the UK over 50 million times.

8. I Know What You Did Last Summer (with Camila Cabello) (2016)

The first link-up between Shawn and future squeeze Camila, I Know What You Did Last Summer was somewhat of a controversial hit in 2015, given that it was the first solo material Camila released before her split from girl group Fifth Harmony in 2016. A Top 10 hit in the US, it only reached Number 42 on UK shores, but nonetheless has shifted an impression 469,000 chart sales to date. One thing we still don't know - if this is an (unintentional?) nod to the slasher franchise of the same name.

7. If I Can't Have You (2019)

The lead single from the deluxe re-issue of Shawn's self-titled third album, If I Can't Have You was an up-beat U-turn from the angst of In My Blood, and is one of seven of Shawn's UK Top 10s, peaking at Number 9. As of 2020, its UK chart sales stand at 590,000, including 70 million streams.

6. In My Blood (2018)

A gutsy, guitar-led power ballad, In My Blood is Shawn at his most confessional. The first single from his third album, In My Blood has been streamed over 87 million times in the UK and has combined sales totaling 775,00. On the Singles Chart, it reached Number 10.

5. Mercy (2016)

Now we're getting into the big hitters. Taking the angst of Stitches and dialling it up to 11, Mercy was the dramatic second single from Shawn's second record, Illuminate. It currently ranks as his fifth most popular hit in the UK, with 991,000 chart sales, including 97 million streams. Perhaps surprisingly, the track peaked at Number 15 on the Official Singles Chart, proving you don't always need a Top 10 hit to sell a lot of records.

4. There's Nothing Holding Me Back (2017)

Perky! There's Nothing Holding me Back was the super-charged lead from Shawn's second album, and has notched up over 1.5 million UK chart sales.

3. Senorita with Camila Cabello (2019)

Shawn's second UK Number 1 single, Senorita was a superstar sonic hook-up with Camila Cabello that was written with alt-pop hitmaker Charli XCX. Included on the deluxe edition of his third album and Camila's second, Senorita was a blockbuster success, topping the charts in both the UK and the US and shifting 1.52 million to date. The track, which also claimed the UK's Official Song of the Summer 2019, is Shawn's most-streamed track in the UK, with a cumulative 187 million streams. Big numbers indeed.

2. Treat You Better (2016)

A modern torch-song, Treat You Better takes second place in the Canadian pop star's biggest hits in the UK, and it's easy to see why with its chorus that practically begs you to sing along. The single has a mighty 1.56 million UK chart sales, including 145 million streams. And if you were ever wondering who the song was written about - Shawn revealed in his Netflix documentary he penned it as a tribute to Cabello years before they even got together.

1. Stitches (2015)

Arguably Shawn's best-known single, Stitches launched his career in the UK, taking the Number 1 spot in early 2016 after a mammoth 17-week climb. Amassing over 2.1 million chart sales, including 179 million streams, Stitches comes close to a perfect pop song and remains reliably melodramatic for a teenager going through heartbreak for the first time. All together now - YOU WATCH MEEEEEE.

POS TITLE ARTIST
1 STITCHES SHAWN MENDES 2.1m
2 TREAT YOU BETTER SHAWN MENDES 1.56m
3 SENORITA SHAWN MENDES/CAMILA CABELLO 1.52m
4 THERE'S NOTHING HOLDIN' ME BACK SHAWN MENDES 1.5m
5 MERCY SHAWN MENDES 991k
6 IN MY BLOOD SHAWN MENDES 775k
7 IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU SHAWN MENDES 590k
8 I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER SHAWN MENDES/CAMILA CABELLO 469k
9 LOST IN JAPAN SHAWN MENDES 447k
10 LIFE OF THE PARTY SHAWN MENDES 260k

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/s...s-chart__31766/