BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiterdonia National Thread, 135: who the baddest?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post May 2 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #61
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

As promised we have three potentials for your consideration for the now-close-upcoming 105th contest!

What do y'all like the sound of most out of
1) a slightly dark electro-pop bop from a long-established artist in that genre who's nevertheless never been entered not been entered for AGES,
2) an indie pop offering by a female act who's been sent before but who's developed a bit since then, or
3) an actual Sigala-like dance song but which doesn't have a video?

We're currently leaning one direction (it would be lovely to extend our Q streak to 3 instead of NQing again after 2 for the fourth contest in a row!) but some advice or leanings from the BuzzJack public would definitely help us make this decision this time!

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: May 2 2018, 07:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 2 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #62
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I see sigala I click

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post May 3 2018, 12:27 PM
Post #63
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

What he said^

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post May 9 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #64
   No Gallery Pics

While I'm tempted by the pure dance, I kinda feel like I'd rather hold out and see if it gets a video as it's a fairly new release! For now we're looking at an indie option... unless we get cold feet!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post May 15 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #65
   No Gallery Pics

Yes for the 105th edition of BJSC we will be sending indiegirl EZI (aka Esther Zynn) with Dancing in a Room! (sorry, I'm not reproducing that horrible formatting though...) EZI's been on our radar since debut single Redemption last year and is currently top tenning on Jupiter's personal charts with this song, her highest to date. This entry sees us going for a significantly less weird tune than some of our recent entries, hopefully we'll still pick up some fans. This was one we really wanted to share anyway this month, yes, it is a bit Spotify perhaps, but it's very catchy and most of us are pop fans anyway here, this is exactly the kind of act that'd be good to see doing better in the future and as such we're happy to boost to a wider audience.

Here's the tune for y'all to enjoy, hope it picks up some fans (and some points!) biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: May 15 2018, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post May 21 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #66
   No Gallery Pics

We qualified! First time to get three in a row! Thanks to all of you that voted! If you have thoughts or anything you want to say about the track, please keep the discussion going in this thread!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 11 2018, 12:56 AM
Post #67
   No Gallery Pics

EZI scraped top 30 at the end which is not too shabby, still a third qualification in a row! If only that typesetting wasn't such a horrible choice it may have ended up even higher! Thanks to all who voted for her in the 105 contest! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Jun 11 2018, 12:56 AM

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 11 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #68
   No Gallery Pics

PRIDE is upon us and with it, spinoff season for BJSC! Jupiterdonia has not been a cheap hoe nation and has decided to introduce the young whippersnappers to a classic and somewhat overlooked queer icon artist with our choice of Peaches for this contest edition!

Taken from her latest album in 2015 we chose this one especially for plug and hopefully to appeal to the senisbilities of some of our fellow countries biggrin.gif Fair warning in advance though, the video is a little risque - in an artistic way, of course!

In advance of the plug session this week, here's our entry for your listening and watching pleasure! Probably not one you should watch at work tho tongue.gif

Comments and thoughts welcome as ever!

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jun 11 2018, 01:09 AM
Post #69
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

This song was a fabulous discovery, a banger *.* I'm not sure how to react to that video though... I suppose it is a bit literal laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 18 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #70
   No Gallery Pics

Thank you Bré, a convert to our ranks!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 19 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #71
   No Gallery Pics

16th in the end up out of more than 40 entries is far better than we expected for Light in Places! Thank you to everyone who voted and especially those who scored us in their top 5, which was quite a few of you! ohmy.gif

Perhaps this won't be the last time you see Peaches for Jupiterdonia in BJSC wink.gif

Liberate en masse
Eliminate the class
All humans, free at last

and don't forget you've got light in places you didn't know it could shine wink.gif happy Pride month 2018!

+Quote Post
m
post Jun 19 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #72
I asked for my account to be banned
Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I thought I came 16th! tongue.gif We tied but idk which way it was split lol ~ Good job anyway, really enjoyed that track!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 19 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #73
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Q. @ Jun 19 2018, 09:14 PM) *
I thought I came 16th! tongue.gif We tied but idk which way it was split lol ~ Good job anyway, really enjoyed that track!

Let's call it a dead heat in the spirit of coming together for Pride tongue.gif

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 1 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #74
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC106 POTENTIALS...

Now that 106 is just around the corner we have a few potentials for your consideration! #1 is a retro-inspired slow tempo pop song with a gorgeous video, #2 an indie pop song with an artsy low-budget video, and #3 is a five-minute lounge tune with no video whatsoever! Any of those stand out as something you'd really like to hear from Jupiterdonia - or in general! - this time round? Let me know!

+Quote Post
m
post Jul 2 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #75
   No Gallery Pics

'artsy low-budget video' sounds amazeballs lmao but this ain't no video competition tongue.gif The indie pop song it's with could be good tho ofc, and you probably already know I'd personally be likely to be a sucker for the lounge tune but it's up to you.

*he sends the retro-inspired slow tempo pop song with a gorgeous video*

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 5 2018, 05:12 PM
Post #76
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 2 2018, 09:43 AM) *
'artsy low-budget video' sounds amazeballs lmao but this ain't no video competition tongue.gif The indie pop song it's with could be good tho ofc, and you probably already know I'd personally be likely to be a sucker for the lounge tune but it's up to you.

*he sends the retro-inspired slow tempo pop song with a gorgeous video*

In the absence of any other suggestions you might get your wish tongue.gif

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 10 2018, 12:20 PM
Post #77
   No Gallery Pics

For 106 we are sending Rainsford who's currently enjoying a long run in the top 10 of Jupiter's personal charts. The elusive Q has got his wish as we've sent the low budget indie, yes, actually sending one of our potentials that we suggested earlier in the month this time round instead of picking something completely different!

Rainsford is a former country singer who's taken an indie turn - to something far superior! There's a bit of New Rules influence in the video though much lower budget, nice to see a bit of a dance though and a lovely genderqueer presentation too. This features Twin Shadow who's been sent to BJSC before before doing some backing vocals on the chorus and actually appearing in the video too, surprisingly enough. The two apparently have collaborated a few times.

This is ultimately a quite chill midtempo indie bop that hopefully will pick up a few fans and qualify for the next round. Not too dissimilar to our last entry - but with a better video and minus that horrible tYpeseTiNg!

Please listen and enjoy - and vote for us if you like! Feel free to comment too if you've any thoughts! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
m
post Jul 10 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #78
   No Gallery Pics

Aw, well... Too bad I'm not in this contest but good luck regardless heehee.gif The video is pretty cool indeed, and the song is qt as well. I also remember that Rainsford was sent to the Unknown Pleasures contest I hosted back in 2016 with the song 'Too Close'!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 17 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #79
   No Gallery Pics

Unfortunately fishing again in the same pool as our previous entrant, EZI, didn't bring us much luck as Rainsford's BJSC journey ends at the first hurdle. Still, we are happy to have shared on a song that Jupiterdonia at least enjoyed this last month, and to pick up a +10 from Leonardo in the semi, one of our few medalling high scores! Even if we did come second-bottom of the whole thing overall tongue.gif

Next month something different again then probably!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Aug 2 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #80
   No Gallery Pics

So before I decide for definite, I've narrowed it down to two this time for 107. Both are a switch-up on what we've sent recently.

Do you want...
indie pop rock with a big chorus
or
a 6 minute slow and somewhat depressing acoustic folky one?

Be nice to get some feedback! If we have any fans left out there... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:18 PM