BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pink will stop sharing photos of her kids on social media
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post Apr 23 2019, 06:54 AM
Post #1
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Why P!nk Refuses to Post Her Children on Social Media Anymore

"I'm prouder of my kids than of anything I've ever done. And I just -- I won't share them anymore," the singer tells Ellen DeGeneres.

P!nk is sick and tired of internet trolls coming after her parenting -- so much so that she's sworn off posting pictures or videos of her two children to social media.

The singer stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Monday, where the host played an adorable video of P!nk and husband Carey Hart's 2-year-old son, Jameson, letting out a frustrated "Ah, dammit!" while playing with a toy. P!nk shared the video on Instagram and said she was mom-shamed almost immediately.

"So many people go in on me on social media all the time," the singer said. "And this [video], people were like, 'Nice language. I'm sure that came from you. What kind of mother do you think you are?'"

Ellen admitted she enjoys watching her longtime friend clap back at all the haters, which P!nk met with, "I have to sometimes."

Visibly frustrated, she went on to say that part of her feels she can change people's minds with lengthy, well-written responses.

"I don't like injustice," P!nk explained. "I don't like how brave people are anonymously. And rude! Just mean, mean, mean spirited. And so I do -- I go in. If I have time, I go in."

Ellen then pulled up another of P!nk's posts -- this one showing P!nk, Jameson and 7-year-old Willow interacting with a pelican. In the photo, Jameson wasn't wearing a diaper. And even though P!nk scribbled out her boy's parts before sharing it on Instagram, trolls still went after her.

"There's two sides to this I see," she explained in response. "And one is, I didn't even realize -- I didn't look at the picture that way. I looked at it from [the perspective that] there was a pelican that flew into our room, it spent 2 hours with us -- which was incredible -- and then I got worried that it was sick, so I tried to call animal rescue. No one wanted a pelican, and it just became a whole thing. We tried to give it some smoked salmon! It was the only thing that we had that was like fish."

"But it was this incredible experience for my family," she continued. "And I have a 2-year-old. Two-year-olds don't like to wear wet swim diapers, and apparently, at some point, he took it off."

"I don't think like that," the singer added, referencing the backlash she received. "We live on a farm. My kids are naked. It's what happens. I'm naked sometimes!"

P!nk said some of the harsher critics even suggested calling Child Protective Services on her.

"I cried so hard after that because I like to share my family. It's my proudest moment in my whole life," she told Ellen as she fought back tears. "I'm prouder of my kids than of anything I've ever done. And I just -- I won't share them anymore. I won't do it. I'm not posting pictures of them anymore."

"I understand people saying, 'You need to be more careful because you are in the public eye and you should have thought of that,'" she continued. "And they're right, but there's a nice way to say that. There's a kind way to be online."

P!nk went on to say she's "open to kindness," noting that just a few weeks ago, a woman in her comments section kindly explained to her why the word "gypsy" was considered derogatory. (We often use the word "gypsy" to describe a vagabond, free-spirited lifestyle, but it's actually a slur Europeans imposed on Romani immigrants, believing that they originated from Egypt because of their dark features. Romani have a long history of persecution in Europe.)

"I'm not a person that uses derogatory language, so I wrote back to them, 'Thank you so much for being so kind and for educating me. I'm editing it, I'm taking it down and that word will never come out of my mouth again,'" P!nk told Ellen. "There's a way to do things. And that mean stuff -- that ain't it."

Ultimately, P!nk admitted that the decision to stop sharing photos and videos of her kids online came at "a good time," especially for Willow.

"She's 7 now," P!nk said. "It's probably time to pull her back from the world and let her live her best life."

Link
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 23 2019, 08:17 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

It’s a shame because I love seeing her with her family but I can understand why she’s made this decision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:41 PM