BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lady Gaga's next era
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brightest Blue
post 1st June 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

First of all, are we even getting another album?

If we are then I'd probably expect it within a year or so tbh. I'm expecting her to have a massive era. Does anyone think this too? The Cure seems to have put her back in the public eye, and has helped get radio back on board (Radio 1 notably!)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lotita
post 1st June 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

i think you're right! i'm expecting us randomly to get thrown into a new era maybe next year which kinda shocks us all then ends up being a huge smash

i don't think the cure will be a feature of the next era but i reckon it'll be the bridge between the two, and we'll have quite a seamless transition

+Quote this post
Slick
post 1st June 2017, 06:21 PM
Post #3
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I honestly can't see Gaga having a massive era again and 'The Cure' going Top 20 doesn't suggest that it'll happen tbh. She is still a massive star with a high profile so will continue to have success, but I think we are past the point of no return in terms of her having big-selling albums and songs.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 1st June 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The Cure has sold decently despite the low peak. It was (and still is) all over the radio so it just seems like The Cure has saved her commercial career.

I hope that makes sense

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 1st June 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

No, she is over. I would be surprised if she decides to continue with pop music.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 1st June 2017, 06:54 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

She's not going to give up just becasue she isn't "massive" and she's always switxhing her sound up anyway.

People claimed Cher was over in the 70's when the hits dried up. Then came her Rock era. They claimed she was over when that turned to deadwood and then she had
Believe.
People claimed Kylie was over in the 90's, then came Spinning Around.

All Gaga needs is the right song, she was almost there with The Cure, the fact it'd done well commericially and on radio etc shows people are still here for her.

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post 2nd June 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #7
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame
User: 23,178

I can totally see LG6 having pop/rock sound.

as for the release date, I'd be surprised if we it before Fall '19.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd June 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
User: 13,007

Gaga has always said she's here for the music (and fans) not the bling money. She will not let dwindling success stop her from doing her one true passion. She was performing to ~10 people in bars 10 years ago, now she's still selling out world tours. She is going to stop when she loses the passion for making music and being with her fans.. that is not happening any time soon.

And as Regina said, commercial success comes in waves for these big stars. Don't write her out just yet, she still has the most dedicated fanbase of any of the popstars and they are enough to keep her afloat even without the big smashes.

I have no idea what is happening with LG6 - I think the focus is her acting right now sad.gif

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 2nd June 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

What was the point of The Cure anyway?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 17th September 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

As far as her next studio album goes I hope she goes down a Xtina Stripped style era. A versatile album with a strong image with some surprise collaborations. I also think she'd suit an album with a more throwback sound a mix of Bedtime Stories / Back To Black and Back To Basics. Having said that though anything could happen with Gaga I just hope she's happy and that she enjoys her time off before starting new work smile.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:53 AM