BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Once Upon A One More Time • Broadway
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Mar 13 2019, 09:22 AM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

It’s Broadway, bitch!

The music of Britney Spears will feature in Once Upon a One More Time, a new musical that that’s headed to the stage this fall. Written by Jon Hartmere (The Upside, Bare) and directed by Kristin Hanggi (Rock of Ages), the show follows the exploits of a group of fairy tale princesses who’ve gathered for a book club meeting — only to have a copy of Betty Friedan feminist touchstone dropped into the mix by “a rogue fairy godmother.”

“I’m so excited to have a musical with my songs – especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore,” Spears, 37, said in a statement. “This is a dream come true for me!”
OMG YYYAAAASSSS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Mar 13 2019, 10:40 AM
Post #2
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

It's actually debuting in Chicago with the hope of transferring to Broadway if it's a success! tongue.gif

BUT this is super exciting news! Hopefully it does turn into a success unlike another recent Jukebox musical featuring songs from one of my faves

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Mar 19 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Thing is i love britney but having her music based around a feminist plot is slightly oxymoronic considering her career has been dictated by men throughout...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:58 AM