BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OCC: Albums turning 20 in 2020
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 11 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #21
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

What the hell are these fake figures?? rotf.gif The OCC is now fake and corrupt!!

1. Don't Tell Me was NOT a no.1!! It was a no.4. For a Girl (What It Feels Like) was not a no.7, but no.29. Music only got to no.1 as VB was gracious enough not to release on thd same week as Madonna.

2. Craig David did not sell that many.

3. Omg spice girls Forever is one of the biggest flops EVER!!! It is NOT a "decent album", OCC. It is utter shit. Right Back At Ya is boring trash and a Backstreet rip off.

4. Here and Now was a double a-side AND Words Are Not (Enough) was the last single from the album.

5. Saints and Sinners is a good album and did NOT sell 600k. It sold well over a million thanks occ. Reviews were NOT mixed.

6. Coldplay's first album is WIDELY CONSIDERED BY EVERYONE BUT INDUSTRY HACKS AND SELL OUTS as their greatest ever album. Get it right, occ. It is not "pleasant indifference" you commercial swines!!!!

7. Glad they didn't mention westshite. I guess they do care about real music afterall!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jan 11 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #22
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Where did you get Madonna's WIFLFAG peaking at #29? That is 100% a #7 hit.

They did get 'Don't Tell Me' wrong though.

+Quote Post
myxxd
post Jan 11 2020, 01:12 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 7,097
   No Gallery Pics

Lmao now they cared about music anyway they mentioned them just look at your Forever album

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 11 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #24
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

The sales figures don’t look made up at all. Craig David’s debut was huge.

Saints & Sinners definitely didn’t sell over a million, 600k looks just right.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 11 2020, 01:22 PM
Post #25
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I don't know where you're getting your figures from Michael but the totals for Craig David and All Saints are correct. Perhaps you're getting confused with All Saints' debut album which did sell well over a million?

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 11 2020, 01:48 PM
Post #26
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(myxxd @ Jan 11 2020, 01:12 PM) *
Lmao now they cared about music anyway they mentioned them just look at your Forever album

The difference between spice and westshite fans is that we can admit when something is hot garbage x

Besides, Forever might have been one of the worst albums in history, and it took almost 20 years for someone to release something just as bad, LM5, and with an even worse name, and they might have rushed to record any old shite in 2 days for the album, but at least one thing can be said for these atrocious albums that can't be said for westshite: original songs!!! It's neither here nor there that the music is ear-burstingly bad. Spices never just cowed down to Louis Walsh, or pretended an extreme pop song was somehow a rock song, or allowed Simon Cowell to push a cd across the table amd say, cover this!!!! Forever might be bad, but that whole karaoke band is worse and was an ACTUAL attack on music.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jan 11 2020, 02:31 PM
Post #27
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Jan 11 2020, 12:47 PM) *
What the hell are these fake figures?? rotf.gif The OCC is now fake and corrupt!!

Not *another* conspiracy theory... rolleyes.gif

It sometimes seems as if *anything* that isn't the way you want it to be, is down to a conspiracy, rather than you simply being mistaken...

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Jan 11 2020, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 11 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #28
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

Well they are. They cheated Mariah out of no.1 on THREE occasions and lied about her streams and video streams. They now just claim any song they like got to no.1. That is utter corruption. I don't know how anyone can take them seriously or trust them now that they've shown their true corrupt colours. Whenever two sets of figures exist, we should trust the other, non-OCC ones and ignore the OCC.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 11 2020, 04:04 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

2. Craig David did not sell that many.

Yes he did. Born To Do It was a big seller and is 6x Platinum so 1.8m shipped out to stores. Good album too.

Madonna's What It Feels Like (For a Girl) was a No.7. Just checked Polyhex.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Jan 11 2020, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 11 2020, 04:11 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

5. Saints and Sinners is a good album and did NOT sell 600k. It sold well over a million thanks occ. Reviews were NOT mixed.

Just checked and it's only double platinum so 600k shipped. If it had sold a million it would be triple platinum . I don't recall it being a million-seller.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Jan 11 2020, 04:17 PM
Post #31
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 11 2020, 04:04 PM) *
Yes he did. Born To Do It was a big seller and is 6x Platinum so 1.8m shipped out to stores. Good album too.

Michael, you can check this (and others) on https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/

Regards,

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 11 2020, 04:19 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

3. Omg spice girls Forever is one of the biggest flops EVER!!! It is NOT a "decent album", OCC. It is utter shit. Right Back At Ya is boring trash and a Backstreet rip off.

Agreed Michael. Crap album which I bought and soon regretted. Soon dropped down the album charts too.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Jan 11 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jan 11 2020, 04:17 PM) *
Michael, you can check this (and others) on https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/

Regards,

Thanks for that Vid. The certifications aren't the exact sales but are a good guide. So an album certified Platinum means 300,000 were shipped to stores, music clubs etc. It may be almost 2xP with sales over 500k for example. Record companies have to apply to the OCC for certifications and some don't even bother so many albums, especially older ones, are under-certified.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Jan 11 2020, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 11 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #34
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 11 2020, 04:19 PM) *
Agreed Michael. Crap album which I bought and soon regretted. Soon dropped down the album charts too.

I am embarrassed for them. They honestly shouldn't have bothered. It's a stain not only on their legacy, but on the history of music. I got it as a present, and it was not what I wanted to listen to as a kid at all! I tried, but wow. I tried again when I was older and arguing on here about how trash it is. It was every bit as bad as I remembered.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 11 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #35
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 11 2020, 01:19 PM) *
The sales figures don’t look made up at all. Craig David’s debut was huge.

Saints & Sinners definitely didn’t sell over a million, 600k looks just right.

They were the second biggest girl band ever after the Spices and were actually a RIVAL to the untouchable Spices! That album included Black Coffee, massive no.1, and the biggest song od the year, Pure Shores, a massive millennium tune. The album was no.1 for two weeks. It makes no sense that it then flopped and didn't sell a million. It must have.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jan 11 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #36
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Jan 11 2020, 05:12 PM) *
They were the second biggest girl band ever after the Spices and were actually a RIVAL to the untouchable Spices! That album included Black Coffee, massive no.1, and the biggest song od the year, Pure Shores, a massive millennium tune. The album was no.1 for two weeks. It makes no sense that it then flopped and didn't sell a million. It must have.

It obviously didn't flop. I think the one thing that may have prevented it having massive long-term sales is the only single to be released after the album was 'All Hooked Up', which as we know didn't exactly set the world on fire.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jan 11 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #37
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

Oh and then they split! So they couldn't promote it for post-release sales! All Hooked Up only got #7 and wasn't a huge hit. It was more noveltt. If they released Saints and Sinners and had another big top ten, and had a full tour and didn't split, it would have sold 1 million. I forgot they split barely even a couple months after its release! They threw away their success.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 11 2020, 05:33 PM
Post #38
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 9 2020, 04:26 PM) *
I bought Born To Do It by Craig David which was a great album. Also The Marshall Mathers LP, which remains Eminem's biggest selling studio album in the UK.
White Ladder and Music are great albums too.

'White Ladder' is still good, 'Please Forgive Me' is easily my favourite song from it.

Haven't heard the Craig David or Marshall Mathers ones in full but of course they had some great singles from it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:29 PM