BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> RESULTS: THE ULTIMATE FAN FAVE GAGA ALBUM TRACK ♡, NOMINATION RESULTS NOW UNDERWAY!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #1
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

So after receiving nominations from 25 different posters. We now have the results upon us to find which 12 songs have made it through to the quarter finals? ohmy.gif

A big thanks to the following posters who nominated:
i. ▲Rob▲
ii. Kath ♡
iii. Mattias
iv. ♒ chris
v. Ultraviolence
vi. NickF1
vii. Cal
viii. ▲Tyler▲
ix. M¤th
x. ‾‾ʎ ǝ s ɐ ɔ
xi. Sociopath
xii. Atonement
xiii. jsilv
xiv. Umi
xv. *Tim
xvi. ﺪﻫﺶ*
xvii. Heezus
xviii. Niall Minogue
xix. Aprilconda
xx. HausofKubrick
xxi. SB
xxii. Therm•
xxiii. James ⭐
xxiv. Leonardo
xxv. ROBOT

The contenders:

'The Fame'
'Money Honey'
'Starstruck' (feat. Space Cowboy & Flo Rida)
'Boys Boys Boys'
'Paper Gangsta'
'Brown Eyes'
'I Like It Rough'
'Summerboy'
'Disco Heaven'
'Again Again'

'Monster'
'Speechless'
'Dance in the Dark'
'So Happy I Could Die'
'Teeth'

'Government Hooker'
'Americano'
'Hair'
'Scheiße'
'Bloody Mary'
'Bad Kids'
'Highway Unicorn (Road 2 Love)'
'Heavy Metal Lover'
'Electric Chapel'
'Black Jesus + Amen Fashion'
'Fashion of His Love'
'The Queen'

'Aura'
'Venus'
'Sexxx Dreams'
'Jewels 'n Drugs' (featuring T.I, Twista & Too
$hort)
'MANiCURE'
'ARTPOP'
'Swine'
'Donatella'
'Fashion!'
'Mary Jane Holland'
'Dope'
'Gypsy'

The Quarter Finalists:

Which tracks will go through? Which won't? Which is your faves? Discuss! cheer.gif

Results shall be commencing through the course of today and tonight!

This post has been edited by Kath ♡: 5th September 2014, 10:33 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #2
Group icon
baddest of them all

The first album track through to the quarter finals is the sublime 'Dance in the Dark' receiving an impressive 21 nominations.

From 'The Fame Monster' EP, the song was written and produced by Gaga and Fernando Garibay. It was inspired by Gaga's "Fear of Self Monster" and deals with the intimate experience between two people alone in a bedroom. According to Gaga, the record is about a girl who likes to have sex with the lights off because she is embarrassed about her body. She explained that she came across such women while working on the MAC AIDS Fund, and that the song is not about freedom, but rather the assurance that Gaga understood their feelings. The song was initially planned to be released after "Telephone", but due to a dispute between Gaga and her record company, "Alejandro" was released instead.

All of these new things entering my life are changing the way I view my purpose, but 'Dance in the Dark' in particular is about me wanting to live—but also, the song isn't called 'Dance in the Light'. I'm not a gospel singer trying to cross people over. What I'm saying is, 'I get it. I feel you, I feel the same way, and it's OK.' I hope and pray that I can inspire some sort of change in people subliminally through the show. They're singing 'Dance in the Dark,' but they're dancing and they're free, they're letting it out. But the songs are not about freedom, they're about [the fact that]I get it. I feel the way you feel.

Some fans were so passionate about the song that they even went through filming a professionally done music video featuring a Gaga lookalike ohmy.gif

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #3
Group icon
baddest of them all

The second album track through to the quarter finals is the thumping 'Scheiße' with 16 nominations.

From Gaga's 'Born This Way' album, the song was written and produced by Gaga and RedOne on Gaga's The Fame Monster Tour Bus. Gaga said that the song was inspired after a night of partying in Berlin, the capital city of Germany. One night, she had gone to the Laboratory nightclub in the city, and had fun with her friends. The next day, she wrote "Scheiße", stating that she "meant [the song] like 'shit, it's good.' But I also meant it the other way; because this song is really about wanting to be a strong female without all the bullshit that comes along with. Anything that gets in your way from being brave. It's not the only word I know, I just like that word. It's sexy."

Fun fact: Upon the release of Born This Way, of the most popular Google searches was 'Lady Gaga german song'. Promo single 'Hair' aside, it is also the most listened to album track on 'Born This Way' with over 9 million views on YouTube only.

Some of us super fans would know that this is the song responsible for one of Gaga's most grueling and phenomenal dance routines ever, a must watch for those who aren't familiar with what I'm on about:

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
baddest of them all

The third album track through to the quarter finals is the phenomenal 'Monster' with 16 nominations.

From Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' EP, the song was written and produced by Gaga, RedOne and Space Cowboy. In an interview with MTV News, Gaga said that "Monster" describes her fear of sex and relationships and the literal meaning is about a "guy with a big dick". She elaborated, "It's the fear of attachment and the fear of loving something that's bad for you... If you listen to the lyrics, it's like being in love with the bad boy all the time, and you keep going back for more." Gaga added that the fear in "Monster" erupted from her need to have a stable relationship. "I keep falling in love with the monster... But what I really need is the security and the safety and the womanhood, responsibility of my femininity. And so that's what that song is about." Critics have mentioned that the song gets a bit gruesome at the end" with the lines saying "He tore my clothes right off/ He ate my heart and then he ate my brain."

Fun fact: Gaga's bodyguard is the song's featured male vocalist, he later reappeared on 'Government Hooker'. The song also features references to "Just Dance", Gaga's debut single, with the line "I wanna ‘Just Dance’/ But he took me home instead".

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'

+Quote this post
152chris
post 5th September 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

all good so far!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th September 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
User: 13,007

3 of her best <3

Really want 'So Happy I Could Die' to squeeze in but not sure it will sad.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 5th September 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Monster <3
That must be one of my favourite GaGa tracks ever

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
baddest of them all

Proving ARTPOP wasn't as bad as many made it out to be is 'Gypsy' who struts into the quarters with 14 nominations.

It was produced by Madeon and Gaga, with additional writing credits from RedOne and DJ White Shadow. Gaga refers to the song as ARTPOP's most passionate song with an exciting acoustic intro. It is about travelling the world and feeling very lonely and realizing that her home is where her fans are, she can feel like at home anywhere in the world with her fans. It is also about falling in love and finding the key to love while being yourself and making the world realize that they cannot alter your identity and passion. She continues saying that her finding true love served as initial inspiration. There was a misconception about "Gypsy" being the next single after "Applause" when a photo starting spreading around the internet that said the album featured "Applause" and "Gypsy". However, on January 21, 2014, Interscope Records revealed that the song was to serve as the third single. A couple of weeks after the announcement, plans had shifted and the label settled on" G.U.Y." instead.

"Gypsy" also owns the honour of being one of my favourite Gaga live performances ever. You can't fault Gaga's ability as a powerhouse vocalist after watching this:

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'
4. 'Gypsy'

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th September 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Love love. My most anticipated for the RAVE.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #10
Group icon
baddest of them all

Spilling that boiling hot tea on the haters is 'Venus' who slays all your ARTPOP and cucumberlla faves straight into the quarters with 12 nominations. #prayersforvenus #venusiscoming #gardenpanty

It was written by Gaga, along with Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Hugo Leclercq, Dino Zisis, Nick Monson, and Sun Ra, and produced by Gaga herself. Originally intended as the second single from the album, it was released as the first promotional single from it on October 28, 2013 on iTunes Store, after the positive reception of "Do What U Want", which was planned to be a promotional single only. "Venus" lyrically presents Gaga as the goddess of love, from Sandro Botticelli's painting The Birth of Venus. It also name-checks the planets in the solar system. The singer had been promoting "Venus" before its release, by tweeting its lyrics, also as part of a countdown for the release of Artpop. Three different artworks were done by Steven Klein, including one with a scorpion attached to her head, a picture of a dead bat and a third seeing her standing naked with an open clam shell superimposed above her shoulder and covering her lower face.

Fun facts: 'Venus' owns the title of being Gaga's most love-hate song ever. It is also responsible for endless fan wars within Gaga's fanbase. Oh SO controvertial. To this day it is still the third most listened to and spotified ARTPOP track after the first two singles. Just imagine if she did go onto perform this in space and what kind of OUT OF THIS WORLD video it would have had.

(justice for Venus)

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'
4. 'Gypsy'
5. 'Venus'

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #11
Group icon
baddest of them all

Snatching Shaniqua's weave 'Hair' en-route to the next round with 12 nominations. #ha impact

Written and produced by Gaga and RedOne, "Hair" was released worldwide digitally on May 16, 2011, as a promotional single from the album, as part of the iTunes Store's "Countdown to Born This Way" release. This was after the previous promotional release, "The Edge of Glory", was made the third single from the album. Nevertheless, Gaga explained that "Hair" was not planned to be a single, but may be released as one if it sells well at the iTunes Store, like "The Edge of Glory". According to Lady Gaga, the melody of "Hair" resembles the work of metal bands Kiss and Iron Maiden, and is also influenced by Bruce Springsteen. The song is an uptempo club record inspired by Gaga's experience as a teenager, when her parents forced her to dress in a certain way. Gaga found that the only way to express herself was through her hair, and she described it as a song about liberation and her ability to change her ways. The lyrics talk about embracing one's hairstyle as their ultimate expression of freedom. "Hair" was recorded while Gaga was on tour with The Monster Ball throughout Europe. The song features a saxophone solo performed by saxophonist Clarence Clemons, a prominent member of The E Street Band. She personally wanted Clemons to play saxophone on the song, which he did by recording his part at a Manhattan studio at midnight, after he had just flown there from his home in Florida.

Fun fact: Following Gaga's first acoustic performance of the song, Gaga has ever since 98% of the time only performed it acoustically due to fans and critics alike raving about the song in that version.

R U YO HAIR?

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'
4. 'Gypsy'
5. 'Venus'
6. 'Hair'

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th September 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon

I have memories of watching that live performance of 'Hair' and falling in love with the song. Very cheesy but it just about works i think.

'Venus' ha snatch how.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 01:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
baddest of them all

The eery minimal 'ARTPOP' and its 10 nominations could mean anything. But what does Katy Perry's 'PRISM' mean? ohmy.gif

According to White Shadow, the title track was one of the first songs penned for the album, which created the backbone for the record. Calling it a "defining moment" of Artpop 's creation, the producer explained that the title track led them to explore other avenues in terms of musical aspirations. Written and produced by Gaga, White Shadow, Nick Monson and Dino Zisis, "Artpop" was called the swan song of the album by the singer. Talking to Sirius XM Radio, where she gave an in depth analysis of each song from the album, Gaga explained:

'Artpop' is really an inferno and its the only song on the record that I didn't really wanna go anywhere or explode or orgasm. Because then it would just be like composing something that would be just like every other sort of orgasm that I've ever had. And because its really the center of the record, I really wanted there to be a more infinite tone, to this concept of Art+Pop, that we can put art in the front and not have the corporate world to control in art anymore. How can we the artist back our ideas and for our visions to be the most important thing. The thing that's driving culture, driving these corporations. I didn't wanted ['Artpop']to grow too much, I wanted it to kind of hypnotize people and become like a mantra.

ARTPOP was also accompanied by this spectacular goosebump performance on The Tonight Show. It manifests Gaga's artistic ability, completely reinventing the original song in just one live performance:

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'
4. 'Gypsy'
5. 'Venus'
6. 'Hair'
7. 'ARTPOP'

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #14
Group icon
baddest of them all

Becoming the third BTW track to join the party is 'Government Hooker', arriving in a glamorous copper g-string with 9 nominations ~

"Government Hooker" is a collaborative effort between Gaga, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. Recording sessions took place in 2010 at the Studio at the Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada. "Government Hooker" began as an old recording by DJ White Shadow and DJ Snake. Shadow increased the tempo of the beat after conversing with Vince Herbert "about faster songs". Herbert particularly enjoyed the prototype of "Government Hooker", more so than the other beats that he heard during the session. Gaga wrote the lyrics of "Government Hooker" shortly after first hearing the beat. During writing, security guard Peter Van Der Veen was recruited to sing in lieu of computerized vocals. Shadow noticed Van Der Veen's thick, distinctive Dutch accent while he was browsing through the lyrics. Alongside "Scheiße" and a remix of "Born This Way", "Government Hooker" was first publicly played at a Thierry Mugler fashion show in Paris, France on March 2, 2011, as Gaga made her runway debut.

HHOOOOKAAAAH is also renowned for its mindblowing performances on the Born This Way Ball:

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'
4. 'Gypsy'
5. 'Venus'
6. 'Hair'
7. 'ARTPOP'
8. 'Government Hooker'

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #15
Group icon
baddest of them all

eeee aaaa 'So Happy I Could Die' has sneaked its way into the quarter finals with her lavender blonde weave, despite flying under DITD and Monster's popularity radar with 9 nominations. Are you so happy you could die?

Lady Gaga collaborated with RedOne and Space Cowboy in writing "So Happy I Could Die", while RedOne produced the track. An occasional drinker, the song represents Gaga's fear of what she describes as the "Alcohol Monster", as evident of several lyrics in the song, such as the chorus; "Happy in the club with a bottle of red wine, stars in our eyes and we're having a good time." In an interview with MTV, Gaga professed that the song is about the euphoric effects of alcohol—the so-called "happy place" and explained that her fear is split between two songs. "My fear of alcohol. My fear of drugs... fear of addiction. [...] But alcohol is funny because it takes you down to this very happy place and just like forgetting all your problems and for just a minute you're so happy, and then all of a sudden, [your] stomach turns and go way down... And that's my relationship with consumption and abuse." The singer also acknowledged on her Twitter account that while writing the song she was inspired by English singer Lily Allen.

So Happy I Could Die is renowned for her sublime performance on The Monster Ball Tour where Gaga sports one of the most iconic dresses ever:

The Quarter Finalists:
1. 'Dance in the Dark'
2. 'Scheiße'
3. 'Monster'
4. 'Gypsy'
5. 'Venus'
6. 'Hair'
7. 'ARTPOP'
8. 'Government Hooker'
9. 'So Happy I Could Die'

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th September 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #16
Group icon
baddest of them all

Only 3 spots left gurls, who will make it? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th September 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #17
Group icon

'So Happy I Could Die' would rank as my second favourite non-single i think, so overjoyed it made it wub.gif

Not sure what could still be to come but hopefully some more 'Born This Way' tracks like 'Bloody Mary'... oh and 'Sexxx Dreams' for sure i would have thought...

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 5th September 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Hair <3

The Fame too please. I'll cry if it doesn't make it through

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th September 2014, 03:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Goddamnit, I forgot to vote. I doubt 'Boys Boys Boys' will make it through, but other than 'Venus' and 'ARTPOP', I am liking these results! So, so far so good!

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 5th September 2014, 04:03 PM
Post #20
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

Love all the entries so far! REALLY hope 'Americano' makes it!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:44 PM