BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your 2023 Predictions: Group & Solo, Discuss here what you expect and what you think will happen
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 2nd January 2023, 12:24 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

So we arrive in the year 2023!

At some point, some of the girls (the Mels and even Emma) mentioned that the group would tour in the future or at least work together in some form. 2023 was believed to be the year they would do a new tour and potentially other ventures around it.

Sadly, a tour doesn't seem to be on the cards anymore, and with Mel C and Geri announcing their individual solo ventures, it seems to be that not much attention will be given to the Spice Girls as a group.

So what do you think will happen? Will it be a bit of a bittersweet type of year, or are you excited for what's to come?...

Here my predictions:

GROUP:

After Mel C spent the summer mentioning wanting to take the girls on tour again, Emma did mention recently no tour is planned but 'other projects' are to be worked on. She also mentioned no Glastonbury and the rumours of the Mardi Gras performance in Australia were squashed! So what's to come?...

Sadly, I don't think much will materialise. I predict if any group activity is to happen is to be in the form of more adverts and potentially a tour announcement for 2024. But otherwise the year will be quiet on the group front... sleep.gif

MELANIE C

Mel confirmed she will be working on new solo music and performing, and we could expect a summer/autumn era, maybe?...

I predict she will drop at least some songs in that period whilst solo festival gigs and she will yet again be quite prolific in terms of media appereances (to make bank!) but maybe less so than she did in 2022 so she can focus on making music!

Not sure she is ready for an album just yet though, maybe in 2024? unsure.gif

GERI HALLIWELL-HORNER

Geri has announced she will be doing that film and releasing two books. I predict she will do ok, probably the books might sell out of curiosity but judging from the industry's response - and the social media one too - I can't see it being a critics success which could damage their legacy and continuous sales/print.

She probably will do some limited media rounds of interviews but nothing major. teresa.gif

EMMA BUNTON

Now that the Christmas Tour is over - and we know how much of a bumpy road that one was! - I predict Emma will focus on Kit & Kin's success and maybe do some new Christmas-related projects later in the year.

She will probably stop doing her Heart FM show eventually, but not just yet. It's a bit of a non-affair isn't it?...

Music-wise, she should be wise to do a new album, but she will probably just release a cover of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' and do another show at a London venue, and be done with it...

MEL B

Really not sure about what to expect from Mel. Some of her projects this year were so random, and sadly no chance of music from her... sad.gif

So my predictions are that she will do some other reality tv type of project and maybe focus on her work with Women's Aid.

WHAT ARE YOUR SPICIEST 2023 PREDICTIONS???
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 2nd January 2023, 12:27 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

I don’t actually think they’ll tour any more. It’s so difficult to pin them down together for one day (see: Geri’s party, Brooklyn’s wedding etc) that committing to a tour seems doubtful.

Also, given that Emma did like… a matter of days worth of rehearsing for her show doesn’t exactly speak volumes about her interest in the whole performing thing at the moment - let alone something on a major scale like a SG tour which would require weeks of rehearsal.

I could be proved wrong but I’m expecting very little.

Also… Geri ain’t getting any younger (soz Gerita love you! X)

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 2nd January 2023, 03:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Yeah I don't think we will get anything re touring or performances now. Re-releases, crappy merch and perhaps an advert if they get paid enough.

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 2nd January 2023, 07:13 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

From the group maybe the new documentary?
And I hope to have new music at last by Melanie C.

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 2nd January 2023, 01:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 132,865

As far as group projects go, the only thing I see potentially happening is Goodbye25. It would be the ideal release after a final tour ends, but that makes too much sense so I think I've just gone in circles with this post. teresa.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd January 2023, 02:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

My gut feeling with the Spice Girls in 2023 is that nothing of note will happen whatsoever. sleep.gif I think this will be one of the quietest years on record for the group, with even the planned documentary not reaching fruition this year. With my expectations at a current all time low, I can only end up being pleasantly surprised if something happens...!

I think my solo predictions pretty much echo Mr X's:

Melanie C - I wonder if her 2023 might be a bit less prolific than 2022 was (during which it really did feel like she was everywhere all the time1). Maybe some down time this year for her to fully focus on getting a new album done. I think we'll see at least a new single released by her, towards the end of the year - perhaps a taster single in the same way that Numb teased 'Version of Me' and High Heels teased 'Melanie C'. Although I hope she does release a new album this year, my feeling is that she won't quite be ready to and that it'll be a 2024 project. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this year too.

Mel B - So many more random reality TV show appearances, and all the promotional interviews that go alongside that + her continued work with Woman's Aid. So essentially the same year as usual for Mel.

Emma - I'll predict nothing music related at all from Emma, not even at Christmas time. Just bits and bobs in TV/radio, but nothing to be particularly excited about.

Victoria - Same old, same old.

Geri - Gosh my whole post has been negative, but unfortunately I see her books being a bit of a flop both critically and commercially, the early signs based on the synopsis of her children's book already received flack (I have to say, understandably so). I predict they won't be successful enough to truly establish herself as an author going forwards, which in turn will make her lose interest in the idea completely (similar to how her 2008 endeavour to be an author ended up as a brief venture). To have a somewhat positive thought, I'll predict that her role in the film she's doing will be somewhat praised even if it's in a backhanded way. Otherwise the same sort of thing as usual, showing her family life and random things she gets up to on her Instagram.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 2nd January 2023, 04:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Not surprised at the lack of excitement for most of what we are to expect this year from the girls. I agree with Jay that it feels very much like a year of stagnation. To be honest, we're used to these years - we've had them constantly since the year 2001 but damn, it all feels like a big waste and quite boring...

Agree with you Jay that the documentary wont probably happen anymore, unless it is attached to another reunion. Like, what's the bloody point otherwise? They have been doing documentaries since 2007, with nothing new to add... it's boring and unnecessary to me,...

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 2nd January 2023, 07:55 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I am just hoping for a new album from Melanie C but I kind of agree she will more likely launch it in 2024 with a potential teaser this year and the festival appearances. She is the only one I am following solo anyway tbh.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 2nd January 2023, 09:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I feel pretty confident that the documentary will happen as it takes little to no involvement from the girls. As with others I think a tour looks more unlikely as time goes on. It gets close and then one just cant commit. I think they will probably do things as a band next year that are easy, coinmaster adverts show if the money is there they will do it and it doesn't take too much effort. I imagine the documentary will probably lead to an endorsement deal and we will get the 578,409,155th advert from them selling something.

Solo I honestly don't care. I'll listen to a Mel C album if it comes but I'm not excited or waiting for it. Dreading Geri being an embarrassment on national TV promoting her book that will no doubt be slaughtered by reviews. Unless Emma does anything music related she can keep it. Mel B will do more low rent TV no doubt.

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 2nd January 2023, 11:20 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

After 2022, it feels like the girls are officially over. Lackluster 25th anniversary releases. No anniversary celebration of the movie. No 25th anniversary tour.

+Quote this post
dromeda
post 3rd January 2023, 01:28 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 94,913

New melanie c album in 2024? I doubt. I believe it will be this year. you seem to have forgotten that she was already in the studio in 2021. I remember that she showed a preview of the recording at that time.

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 3rd January 2023, 03:57 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 132,865

QUOTE(Sideout @ Jan 2 2023, 11:20 PM) *
After 2022, it feels like the girls are officially over. Lackluster 25th anniversary releases. No anniversary celebration of the movie. No 25th anniversary tour.

Can't help but agree!

To whomever leaked Likely Stories: you can let the rest of the cats out of the bag now so we can each create our own 25th anniversary releases. Thx. dance.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 16th January 2023, 12:17 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Not that it will happen with the 25th anniversary over but id love a tv documentary about their rise to fame and then the whole spice girls era covering their incredible achievements, it would be nice to see it get a good slot on itv. Ideally the girls would all take part in it.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st January 2024, 06:14 PM
Post #14
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

*Bump*

For those of us who predicted what 2023 would be like, how did you do? cool2.gif

I think mine were quite accurate for the most part! However Melanie C didn’t release a single (but I was right about no album in 2023). Geri’s book… well it didn’t flop or get criticised, which is good - but it kind of feels like beyond her promotional tour, it ultimately hasn’t made any waves? thinking.gif

Maybe you would like to open up a 2024 thread Mr.X? w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st January 2024, 06:57 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Jan 21 2024, 07:14 PM) *
*Bump*

For those of us who predicted what 2023 would be like, how did you do? cool2.gif

I think mine were quite accurate for the most part! However Melanie C didn’t release a single (but I was right about no album in 2023). Geri’s book… well it didn’t flop or get criticised, which is good - but it kind of feels like beyond her promotional tour, it ultimately hasn’t made any waves? thinking.gif
Maybe you would like to open up a 2024 thread Mr.X? w00t.gif

OK DAMN I forgot about this thread... yes I will open a new one wub.gif ready for another year of dissapointments in Spiceworld teresa.gif

And yes, the Mels did well. Mel C did touring again everywhere which is good for her, I guess... and Mel B is again back on US TV screens... Again, good for her...

Gerita well... her book did well, got to #4 on a random, not the main one, New York Times bestselling list once but it didnt get anywhere else from what I understand. The promo made waves and she was everywhere for a hot minute, but I guess the book didnt really turn up on any lists either?...
It kind of reeked of a Tory book though, with a bit of a lame monarchy-loving story attached to it, and Geri seemed incredibly 'up her own regal shit' than ever... Like good for her, I guess? I hope she is happy though, but it feels too random to celebrate this when if it wasnt for her, we could have easily gotten a new tour out of them or at least SOMETHING to focus on from the group...

Poor Baby Bunton. It was a numb year for her on a professional music level... Lets hope the rumours of a Free Me re-release for her are true this year at the very least... Coming from a flop tour and no music releases, I guess she is in a really strange spot professionally... I have the feeling that no promoters or record labels would touch her for new music or touring solo, sadly...

And the group... damn... at least we got Stop going viral and a new (and gorgeous!) Viva Forever lyric video which was the highlight of ANY Spice-related projects during 2023 for me... the constant release of more meandering bad quality merch did really start to sting properly this year though. The fans have been complaing a lot and many have started to refuse to buy anything, and good for them.

At the same time, it seems like the world is READY for a Spice Girls tour or venture. Outside of pre-2019, there's never been more buzz for a reunion or Spice related activity! There are contant rumous about them and they do get quite far with a lot of press and social media attention which bodes well for any future reunions (even if frustrating for the fans!). I hope it properls them to actually do something worthwile!!

Anyway I feel like 2023 was on par with 2002... Barely anything worthwhile throughout the year blink.gif

Let's hope 2024 brings some positivity to Spice World!! We certainly need it and three of them are obviously up for it!!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:42 AM