BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> League Cup 2019/2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Flatcap
post 7th January 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27

The first legs of the semi-finals this week. Tonight, the Manchester Derby...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 7th January 2020, 09:09 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

0-3 at half time!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 8th January 2020, 12:17 AM
Post #43
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The Rashford goal at least makes the 2nd leg slightly interesting. City could have scored 6 in the first half, Man Utd were that bad.

Just don't know why they don't put Solskjaer out of his misery though, can claim it's a project all he likes (and Man Utd fans) but there's no way they're ever challenging for the league under him. A few good results against some good teams doesn't polish the massive turd. Anyone can waltz through the midfield without McTominay playing.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 8th January 2020, 10:17 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

There's no way we're challenging for the league under any manager. I don't expect to be doing that for at least another 5 years. At least we are breeding youth into the squad, playing better football than under the past 3 managers and showing much more promising signs for the future. Getting in another "big name" manager will completely undo everything and after the inevitable initial bounce it'll all go tits up as per usual and we'll be having the same conversation then.

And no, I don't think Poch would be any better as an appointment...

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 8th January 2020, 07:19 PM
Post #45
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Jan 8 2020, 10:17 AM) *
There's no way we're challenging for the league under any manager. I don't expect to be doing that for at least another 5 years. At least we are breeding youth into the squad, playing better football than under the past 3 managers and showing much more promising signs for the future. Getting in another "big name" manager will completely undo everything and after the inevitable initial bounce it'll all go tits up as per usual and we'll be having the same conversation then.

And no, I don't think Poch would be any better as an appointment...

Surely the only youth player that is actually any good and good enough is Greenwood? The left-back (Williams?) I like but just not sure he's cut out for the absolute elite level.

I don't necessarily think you need an elite manager, but someone whose tested at a higher level and has more tactical acumen and isn't blindsided (like Solskjaer). Suits me fine as you're only going to ever be static with Ole at the wheel.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 8th January 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #46
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Solskjaer might not be the biggest problem at Man Utd but it doesn't mean he's not a big problem. If he hadn't once played for Man Utd the fans would surely 100% want him out, and I'd say rightly so.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 8th January 2020, 10:26 PM
Post #47
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Would say that Leicester will edge it in the second leg against Aston Villa.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 8th January 2020, 11:02 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 8 2020, 07:19 PM) *
Surely the only youth player that is actually any good and good enough is Greenwood? The left-back (Williams?) I like but just not sure he's cut out for the absolute elite level.

I don't necessarily think you need an elite manager, but someone whose tested at a higher level and has more tactical acumen and isn't blindsided (like Solskjaer). Suits me fine as you're only going to ever be static with Ole at the wheel.

Not saying you're wrong about that but I'm also a fan of his policy of getting rid of the mercenaries and/or people who didn't want to be at the club. A lot of eyebrows were raised when we sold Lukaku & gave Rash the big boots to fill and it's safe to say he's raised his game by already beating his record goal tally. The only 3 signings he made have all been positive so he needs at least another window I'd say. He probably isn't the long-term option per se but I really don't think he's doing as badly as everyone is making out. Football is so fickle & trigger-happy these days anyway...

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Jan 8 2020, 07:25 PM) *
Solskjaer might not be the biggest problem at Man Utd but it doesn't mean he's not a big problem. If he hadn't once played for Man Utd the fans would surely 100% want him out, and I'd say rightly so.

There's no denying there's an element of goodwill in his favour, yes but if anything it's finally opened everyone's eyes up to the fact it wasn't always the manager's fault and fingers have rightfully been pointed to the board & recruitment. I think challenging for the top 4 was realistically the absolute maximum we were ever going to achieve this season and our name is still in the hat for that. The only real frustrations have been with not seeing off the so-called "lesser teams" but I think we're only a few signings away. A top creative midfielder (heck even a fit Pogba for the season if he could be bothered) & some of those draws would have been wins.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 29th January 2020, 10:44 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

f*** SAKE!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 29th January 2020, 11:07 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

You will win the fa cup and Europa league, don't worry!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 30th January 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

The 1st leg is where the damage was done, this could have been a chance to get silverware this season but instead it will be going to Manchester City again. The FA might as well rename this competition the "Manchester City Cup" as they always win it every season.

One positive to come from this was finally seeing some anger in Ole when he said to Jesse Lingard "one more time and you're f***ing off". Now that Fernandes is joining us I don't think we'll see Lingard as much in the team from now on which is a good thing.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 1st March 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #52
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Anyone going to be watching the final today, who do you reckon will win it?

Man City or Aston Villa?

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 1st March 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

City looked a cert until Stones slipped, least it's a decent game now.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 1st March 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Manchester City win the first domestic trophy of the season with a 2-1 victory over Aston Villa at Wembley.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 1st March 2020, 07:23 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Manchester City's players didn't look to thrilled to have won this cup again.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 1st March 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

It was a good game tbf, villa went for it in the second half and were the width of a post away from an equaliser.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:36 PM