BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Is the streaming conversion rate too generous?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Generous streaming conversion rate?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 67
Guests cannot vote 
Robbie
post 13th October 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 366

QUOTE(honeyG @ Oct 12 2016, 02:41 PM) *
Indeed. Remember when sales were shit generally around 2003-7? That was when illegal downloading was at its peak before iTunes really made a name for themselves. Music hasn't just suddenly got twice as popular.
Ah, the glory years of Limewire! I have to admit that I used to do a lot of illegal downloading back then, first using Limewire from May 2005 then moving over to Frostwire the following year. I had downloaded some tracks (legally) in September 2005 when Virgin Digital launched but decided to stick to getting music for free. However once I started downloading from iTunes in late 2010 I uninstalled Frostwire and haven't illegally downloaded anything since. These days it's all about streaming for me too. In 2011 to 2013 I was downloading dozens of tracks each year but since I opened a Spotify account in 2014 I've hardly downloaded anything. So far this year I've downloaded a mere 4 tracks.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:11 AM