BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Thermo's hot hits | EOY 2018, Complete - full list in OP
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
coi
post Nov 25 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Slightly gutted 2002 isn't your worst of the year tbh, VERY irritating song!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 25 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #22
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(coi @ Nov 25 2018, 12:31 PM) *
Slightly gutted 2002 isn't your worst of the year tbh, VERY irritating song!

It was very close in the top 2, but 'Freaky Friday' (may as well say it as I did +18 it in the Hate Chart) just edges it out in terms of irritatingness.

Save your comments for that song for later though because it's still getting a commentary...

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Nov 25 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Okay, "2002", here is my biggest unpopular opinion: I like Anne-Marie and I think this song is... alright.
The chorus however, confused me and I agree, that the mashup of popular songs didn't work, also every song she mentioned wasn't even in 2002! Most of them are earlier than that, hell, "99 Problems" (a song she also mentioned in the chorus) was released in 2004, did she check the facts right? I think not.
Still many of her songs will probably wind up in my year-end list, but mostly because of how they charted in my airplay and streaming charts combined and that these songs were in my playlists, mostly in the A-List (I have a BBC Radio 1 type Playlist structure, but with more songs than just 15 of them.).
Otherwise, she has talent in my opinion... and I just feel dirty saying that, considering how much her songs got hate.
Not saying I'm a fan far from it, but she can be good sometimes.
I need a shower after what I just said... but thankfully I know what your #1 is and I can't wait to see you rip this song to pieces, just like how I will rip this song in my Year-end lists. (Seriously, guess where your #1 worst song of 2018 will land on my Year-end lists.)

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 25 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #24
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Anne-Marie needs another Rockabye to really redeem herself in Buzzjack’s eyes and I don’t even know it that will be enough tongue.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 26 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #25
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
the top 10 WORST hit singles of the year

#01. Lil Dicky (feat. Chris Brown) - Freaky Friday
Well you all saw this coming, it's not quite as painful as certain other worst of list 'victors' ('Let It Go' remains the most painful song ever recorded) but this takes it this year for being cringe, totally unfunny and painful to listen to. It's the second time Chris Brown has topped this list following 'Don't Wake Me Up' and it really is nearly as bad. Now the beat is okay, being the standard DJ Mustard beat (I was hoping we'd hear a bit more from him after this but he seemingly went back into obscurity) but that isn't saving the song when it's basically a rip of better songs he's produced. We all know the real reason it's here and it's because of Chris Brown's whiny vocals and the song being all about just how "great" he is. Now I do like a few of his songs but at other times he is just really annoying such as here.

Was it meant to be ironic that when he brags about how well he can sing, he's drowned in autotune and doing his worst whining? And I know it's supposed to be Lil Dicky with the voice of Chris Brown but we all know Chris really is this smug. And then he spends half the verse going 'ooh I'm black now I can say the n-word!1!!1!', which I don't find offensive as such, just not as funny as I'm sure he thinks it is. Oh and also the part where he talks about his dick... lovely. Then of course they have to bring Ed Sheeran and Kylie Jenner into it at the end to make it even worse (the DJ Khaled cameo wasn't as bad, at least they poked fun at him always yelling in his songs which gets annoying). And the half arsed resolution of 'but wait, I love myself!1!'. Just an all-round annoying song and baffling that enough people enjoyed it (without the actual music video, this was before they counted) to send it to #1.

Bottom 10
1 Lil Dicky - Freaky Friday (feat. Chris Brown)
2 Anne-Marie - 2002
3 Stefflon Don - Ding-A-Ling (feat. Skepta)
4 Mason Ramsey - Famous
5 6ix9ine - GUMMO
6 HRVY - Personal
7 James Arthur - Naked
8 Maroon 5 - Girls Like You (feat. Cardi B)
9 XXXTENTACION - changes
10 Louis Tomlinson - Miss You

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 26 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Well this year's hate chart went MUCH better than the last two years. Freaky Friday is a good shout for worst of the year (it's not really a serious song but it's a lot worse than most of the novelty this year, Mason Ramsey included in that).

+Quote this post
coi
post Nov 26 2018, 08:53 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Well I definitely think 2002 is worse than Freaky Friday, but not a fan of either.

Without the music video, Freaky Friday is definitely annoying but if you see the video as well you can get how it's a sort of comedy song and the first time I watched it I'll admit I thought it was good. No doubt though that the extra parts towards the end are totally cringe (apart from DJ Khaled as you say!). The song very quickly got boring, every listen more annoying than the last.

That final five worst of the year I can definitely agree with.

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 26 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #28
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Nov 25 2018, 02:23 PM) *
Okay, "2002", here is my biggest unpopular opinion: I like Anne-Marie and I think this song is... alright.
The chorus however, confused me and I agree, that the mashup of popular songs didn't work, also every song she mentioned wasn't even in 2002! Most of them are earlier than that, hell, "99 Problems" (a song she also mentioned in the chorus) was released in 2004, did she check the facts right? I think not.
Still many of her songs will probably wind up in my year-end list, but mostly because of how they charted in my airplay and streaming charts combined and that these songs were in my playlists, mostly in the A-List (I have a BBC Radio 1 type Playlist structure, but with more songs than just 15 of them.).
Otherwise, she has talent in my opinion... and I just feel dirty saying that, considering how much her songs got hate.
Not saying I'm a fan far from it, but she can be good sometimes.
I need a shower after what I just said... but thankfully I know what your #1 is and I can't wait to see you rip this song to pieces, just like how I will rip this song in my Year-end lists. (Seriously, guess where your #1 worst song of 2018 will land on my Year-end lists.)
Anne-Marie definitely seems to be rather disliked on here these days, she just hasn't had any good songs being released as singles recently sadly, and she'll continue like this seeing as the public are allowing it. I'm sure she has talent, but I just don't like many of her songs.

QUOTE(Cody Cranberry @ Nov 25 2018, 07:00 PM) *
Anne-Marie needs another Rockabye to really redeem herself in Buzzjack’s eyes and I don’t even know it that will be enough tongue.gif
I would definitely like something of that quality again, I think she has another one with Clean Bandit but I doubt it will be that good now. sad.gif

QUOTE(Cody Cranberry @ Nov 26 2018, 08:50 PM) *
Well this year's hate chart went MUCH better than the last two years. Freaky Friday is a good shout for worst of the year (it's not really a serious song but it's a lot worse than most of the novelty this year, Mason Ramsey included in that).
I know it's not meant to be serious but it's still very annoying, novelty can be done well or it can fall flat like this.

QUOTE(coi @ Nov 26 2018, 08:53 PM) *
Well I definitely think 2002 is worse than Freaky Friday, but not a fan of either.

Without the music video, Freaky Friday is definitely annoying but if you see the video as well you can get how it's a sort of comedy song and the first time I watched it I'll admit I thought it was good. No doubt though that the extra parts towards the end are totally cringe (apart from DJ Khaled as you say!). The song very quickly got boring, every listen more annoying than the last.

That final five worst of the year I can definitely agree with.
Well for me they're almost as bad as each other so there's that.
The song definitely works better with the video (from the one time I watched it) but I was still not a fan, the video isn't too great and certainly not enough to save the song.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Nov 26 2018, 11:15 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
I knew you were no fan of Freaky Friday but worst of the year? Fair enough, we'll have to vehemently disagree there as I still love it. I mean yeah the lyrcis are trash but it's just an all-round pisstake & that hook is undeniable.

I really like 2002 too oops kink.gif but can't argue much with the rest of your list. This Is Me should be there though, awful song made worse by the fact it never leaves the charts for more than 5 minutes.

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 26 2018, 11:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
QUOTE(dobbo @ Nov 26 2018, 11:15 PM) *
I knew you were no fan of Freaky Friday but worst of the year? Fair enough, we'll have to vehemently disagree there as I still love it. I mean yeah the lyrcis are trash but it's just an all-round pisstake & that hook is undeniable.

I really like 2002 too oops kink.gif but can't argue much with the rest of your list. This Is Me should be there though, awful song made worse by the fact it never leaves the charts for more than 5 minutes.
The hook is catchy I'll give you that but annoying for me. It may have worked better for me if it wasn't Chris Brown in the featuring role, but I don't really like anything else I've heard of Lil Dicky's so I guess he's just not for me. 'Comedy' songs are very hit and miss and this one is a big miss.
This Is Me, I'll put in the dishonourable mentions category; it's so cliche, her over-singing it and it being in the charts for ages and all over X Factor doesn't help at all.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Nov 27 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm so glad that "Freaky Friday" is your worst song of 2018!
I'll keep it brief, since I want to lash out on this song a little bit more in my Year-End-Lists.
This song is obnoxious, irratating and not funny at all.
Lil Dicky sucks, Chris Brown sucks, the production sucks, the lyrics suck, this song sucks!
The best part of this song is the DJ Khaled cameo, hands down.
But even the other cameos annoy me, especially Kendall Jenner.
And the message of self-loving makes me want to punch both artists in the face!
But yeah, horrible song and hopefully both artists careers will die fast.
Overall I enjoyed your worst song list!

+Quote this post
Riser
post Nov 27 2018, 03:19 PM
Post #32
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
Aww this was going so well but Freaky Friday is a tune sad.gif Great throwback to the DJ Mustard era although I see your dislike has nothing to do with the production. I haven't listened to HRVY or Mason but the rest are definitely horrors!

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 27 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #33
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
the top 10 WORST hit singles of the year: DIShonorable mentions... part one

6ix9ine... in general
Already went into detail but yeah, don't like anything he's released so far. Hopefully we hear less of him next year.

Bazzi - Beautiful (feat. Camila Cabello)
Boring as hell and also the worst I've heard Camila sound.

Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
I didn't mind 'Meant To Be' but this is horrendous, thankfully it was not a proper UK hit.

Calum Scott - You Are The Reason
I want to yawn just typing this bit up, lifeless song but at least he isn't murdering a good song this time.

David Guetta - Don't Leave Me Alone (feat. Anne-Marie)
Generic as hell and Anne-Marie's vocal glitches are really not pleasant to the ear. Damn I miss when David Guetta was great most of the time.

Dean Lewis - Be Alright
Another boring song which makes me glad I no longer live in Australia where it was a huge #1 hit.

DJ Khaled - Top Off (feat. Beyoncé, Jay-Z & Future)
So messy and not in a good way.

HRVY & Malu Trevejo - Hasta Luego
Tacky Latin trend jumping song.

Imagine Dragons - Natural
Can Dan Reynolds stop using his 'PAAAIIIINNN' voice... please?

James Arthur - Empty Space/You Deserve Better/Rewrite the Stars
Again, why is he still relevant?

Jason Derulo - Colors
Cringey World Cup song but mostly here for the not-subtle-at-all Coke product placement in the lyrics.

Jason Derulo x David Guetta - Goodbye (feat. Nicki Minaj & Willy William)
Messiest song of the year, it doesn't work on paper and definitely doesn't work for real either. Some songs just aren't meant to be sampled.

Keala Settle - This Is Me
As I said, it's so cliche, really over-sang, and was in the charts for ages and all over X Factor.

+Quote this post
coi
post Nov 27 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Totally agree with 6ix9ine, Beautiful, I'm A Mess, You Are The Reason, Don't Leave Me Alone, Top Off, Hasta Luego, You Deserve Better, the James Arthur & Anne-Marie version of Rewrite The Stars, Colors, Goodbye and This Is Me. Be Alright shouldn't be on here though.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 27 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
None of the Bottom 10 do anything for me really so nothing I'm pulling my hair out over although Personal was a guilty pleasure and even made my Top 40 in the January lull laugh.gif Obviously completely disagree about Be Alright though, didn't get me at first but really got into my head!

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 27 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #36
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Nov 27 2018, 11:20 AM) *
I'm so glad that "Freaky Friday" is your worst song of 2018!
I'll keep it brief, since I want to lash out on this song a little bit more in my Year-End-Lists.
This song is obnoxious, irratating and not funny at all.
Lil Dicky sucks, Chris Brown sucks, the production sucks, the lyrics suck, this song sucks!
The best part of this song is the DJ Khaled cameo, hands down.
But even the other cameos annoy me, especially Kendall Jenner.
And the message of self-loving makes me want to punch both artists in the face!
But yeah, horrible song and hopefully both artists careers will die fast.
Overall I enjoyed your worst song list!
You seem to dislike it even more than I do! Looking forward to seeing that top your Worst list.

QUOTE(Riser @ Nov 27 2018, 03:19 PM) *
Aww this was going so well but Freaky Friday is a tune sad.gif Great throwback to the DJ Mustard era although I see your dislike has nothing to do with the production. I haven't listened to HRVY or Mason but the rest are definitely horrors!
Ah well, at least you agree with the rest of my chart! And I would like to hear a bit more DJ Mustard just as a bit of a throwback to a few years ago.

QUOTE(coi @ Nov 27 2018, 06:43 PM) *
Totally agree with 6ix9ine, Beautiful, I'm A Mess, You Are The Reason, Don't Leave Me Alone, Top Off, Hasta Luego, You Deserve Better, the James Arthur & Anne-Marie version of Rewrite The Stars, Colors, Goodbye and This Is Me. Be Alright shouldn't be on here though.
Well that's most of those so... yay!

QUOTE(PeteLeftLeeds @ Nov 27 2018, 07:01 PM) *
None of the Bottom 10 do anything for me really although Personal was a guilty pleasure and even made my Top 40 in the January lull laugh.gif Obviously completely disagree about Be Alright though, didn't get me at first but really got into my head!
I thought you were a fan of Be Alright, just doesn't do anything for me but isn't bad enough for my Bottom 10.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 27 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #37
Group icon
you were doing so good drama.gif drama.gif delete it fat

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Nov 27 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Songs like "Beautiful", "Goodbye", "Natural" and "Don't Leave Me Alone" will make my Top 250 Year-End List according to my chart.
But in my personal opinion I don't like "I'm A Mess", "Top Off", I forgot about "Hasta Luego" and I especially hate 6ix9ine in general. The other songs are either tolerable, listenable, decent or forgetable.
Also, shout out to "Goodbye" having the worst sample I've heard in a while.
And in my opinion, "Natural" is better than "Believer", which was terrible upon relistening.
Still can't wait for your other Year-End lists!

This post has been edited by sergejdordij98: Nov 27 2018, 09:02 PM

+Quote this post
danG
post Nov 27 2018, 09:03 PM
Post #39
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
the top 10 WORST hit singles of the year: DIShonorable mentions... part two

Liam Payne - Familiar (feat. J Balvin)
Another annoying trend chasing hit.

Machine Gun Kelly - Rap Devil
Terrible attempt at an Eminem diss, the lyrics are crap.

Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello - Sangria Wine
Don't remember how this really went, just remember it was really bad.

Sam Smith - One Last Song/Pray
Whiny and boring.

Shawn Mendes - In My Blood/Nervous
Still don't like these but at least they're not half as Stitches/Treat You Better so I guess he's improving somewhat??

Taylor Swift - End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)
Annoying and messy.

Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit
For the screaming more than anything else, a weak comeback regardless.

ZAYN - Let Me
Boring.

Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The Middle
Basically the same song as 'Stay' which I didn't like except the vocalist and effects done on her voice are even more annoying in this.

Ziv Zaifman, Hugh Jackman & Michelle Williams - A Million Dreams
Don't like the kid's voice. P!nk does it better.

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post Nov 27 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860
This 2002 hate wub.gif so here for it probs my least fave of the year tbh

Freaky Friday is still a bop tho whoops

+Quote this post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:27 PM