BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Playstation 4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 1st June 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Well with the absence of the gaming forum, does anyone own one?

I'm a very, very casual gamer. But I love a good deal and am about to buy one despite trying to convince myself not to buy one. Are they any good?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st June 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I have one! Had one for a while now. Far earlier at adopting than I usually am. I do love it though.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st June 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I am very casual too and just boguht one, its excellent! I have the Uncharted collection, Ratchet & Clank, Singstar (laugh.gif), Infamous: Second Son, Lego Marvel Heroes and Tomb Raider so far. Definitely worth it for a casual gamer I think, a good range of games whatever you're into compared to Xbox One as far as I've seen and quite cheap. Some of the games are a bit extortionate but some are really good value!

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 1st June 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Nope but i have a PS2 and an XBOX 360. I love games but I don't really game much any more like I used to in my childhood. I still own working PS1 games. cool.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 15th October 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I'm a PS4 user, if anyone wants to add me as a friend it's awardinary folks. smile.gif

Games owned include Star Wars Battlefront, Uncharted trilogy, Rocket League, FIFA 16, Destiny and a few others too.

+Quote this post
Sarah
post 15th October 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 763

I have a PS3 at the moment but am looking into upgrading soon!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 16th October 2016, 06:12 AM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I bought one as a birthday treat back in January but could do with some game recommendations. I've only really used it for GTA which I've now completed, and own one of the Lego games too. Loved GTA but not really into war games. Considering whether Guitar Hero would be worth the money.

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 17th October 2016, 01:25 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Hmm it depends on what you're into. I'm a PC gamer and quite into strategies but I play the occasional game that's released on console too plus I occasionally use an XBox 360 (though that's mostly old gen) so trying to think of good new games off the top of my head "Shadow Of Mordor" is pretty fun, everyone keeps going on about Fallout 4 and I've seen some of the gameplay so that could be a good shout. If you're into GTA, "Just Cause 3" and "Watchdogs" could suit your taste. Of course there's things like Fifa if you're into that but I'll stop now because I don't want to just list the most popular games.

As for Guitar Hero look up the full list of songs beforehand and see if that influences your decision. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 19th October 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

I'm also a casual gamer and I would highly recommend getting a ps4! If you're looking for some games I think tomb raider has to be up there (and rise of the tomb raider just came out around a week ago so can't wait to get my hands on it), along with Destiny which is amazing! Also the last of us is one of my favourites so if you're a fan of zombies this one's for you! Then there is the classics like gta, far cry and assassins creed which are also very good games! If you like decision making games rather than action I would definitely say beyond two souls and heavy rain are some of the best, and you will get them for a decent price! I've heard a lot about overwatch but never played it, probably worth a look though! Finally, rocket league is a super fun game for just mucking around when you've got some free time! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by The-BrightPlaces: 19th October 2016, 09:54 PM

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 20th October 2016, 01:12 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Oh yeah, talking of decision making games/ butterfly effects and so on "Until Dawn" is a pretty good one.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th October 2016, 01:15 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

The Last Of Us is amazing, so immersive and incredibly well done wub.gif It just looks even better with the graphics done up for the PS4 and the gameplay is so simple but effective and really draws you in because of the realism of the setting, physics, combat etc.

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 21st October 2016, 09:54 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

ahhh I totally forgot about until dawn that is an awesome game! and I echo everything Liam said about The Last of Us heart.gif

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 26th October 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

I spend a lot of time on my PS4, and have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with trophies. Currently in the top 90,000 in the world though, and just outside the top 10,000 in the UK (2882 trophies spread across 102 games on PS3 and PS4).

Currently playing 'Rise of the Tomb Raider', and on my wishlist for Christmas is 'Final Fantasy 15', 'World of Final Fantasy', Watch Dogs 2', 'The Last Guardian' and 'South Park: The Fractured But Whole'.

Past games I need to complete include 'Star Wars Battlefront', 'The Evil Within' and 'Metal Gear Solid 5'.

Totally agree with the praise for 'The Last of Us', that was near perfection in a game. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 31st December 2016, 08:40 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

This seemed about the best thread to say this rather than starting a new PS4 one, I am so excited for the 3D platformer resurgence that seems to happening. We of course have the Crash remasters coming up as well as Yooka-Laylee in April, which is by some of the Banjo-Kazooie team. It's a smilar premise a that game but with a chameleon and a bat, it looks fantastic. There is also one called Skylar & Plux coming up which is a racoon cat looking thing and a bird. I really miss games like this so it would be nice to have a few more, not necessarily to the saturation level of the late 90s-mid 00s but a few will be lovely. As much I love games like Uncharted and Tomb Raider, I love the nostalgia that comes from playing games like this.

Also omg @ my Last Of Us praise, I sold it when I got about halfway through (I wasn't that far into it when I hyped t up oops) laugh.gif The gameplay feels so good at first being realistic and immersive but as it went on, despite the brilliant story, I found that I was resenting the amount of unbearably tedious gameplay that you have to endure to get to it! I've seen people say it's overrated and I wouldn't necessarily agree with that though, it's far from my thing but it does what it does well anyway. Idk what I expected from TLOU but I suppose I like things a bit faster paced like Uncharted. The odd stealthy slow bit is fine but it felt like that was all TLOU was and I just hated it as I went along despite my initial love. It doesn't help I didn't play it for like a month because I focused on completing the Uncharteds. Uncharted 2 has to be the best non-Pokemon game I have ever played wub.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 31st December 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #15
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I have one now! I got one for Christmas. The graphics are incredible wub.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 31st December 2016, 09:41 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

PS4 all the way!

Add me as a friend. dance.gif

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 31st December 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

I bought a PS4 last year but I got very bored of it after a few months so I sold it huh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th April 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Nobody bother buying Yooka Laylee. Jesus christ this has to be the most disappointing game ever laugh.gif I'm trying to give it a bit more of a chance as I'm only on World 1 but it's borderline unplayable with awful camera and far too senstive controls, both of which are of course crucial to a platformer. Basic platforming is far more difficult than it should be becasue it's so imprecise. I'm gutted because it felt like exactly the sort of game the PS4 was missing :/ At least we have Jak & Daxter as a PS2 classic though, hyped for that and they obv can't mess it up as it's just the PS2 games. 2 months until the Crash remasters too wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th June 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Anyone got the Kindgom Hearts collection for PS4? I got it last week and am absolutely loving it having not played the games before wub.gif It's so lovely to basically play through classic Disney movies with a familiar Final Fantasy/Zelda action RPG feel.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 13th June 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

If anyone wants to add me as a friend then just message me your user! I only play Call of Duty though kink.gif most typically Black Ops 3!

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Dec 31 2016, 02:32 PM) *
I bought a PS4 last year but I got very bored of it after a few months so I sold it huh.gif

here I am 6 months later re-buying it kink.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:11 PM