BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter Ascending, Sci-Fi Fantasy Film | Mila Kunis & Channing Tatum
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Jan 24 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I watched the official trailer six months ago. Based on the wikipedia, the film was initially to be released on July 25, 2014, but it was later shifted to July 18, 2014. On June 3, 2014, the film's release was delayed to February 6, 2015 due to additional time needed to complete over 2,000 special effects shots of the film and prepare an effective marketing campaign. The visual effects look very impressive! It was written, produced, and directed by The Wachowskis. Do you remember them? They wrote and directed "The Matrix" sixteen years ago! They have also written and directed two amazing movies in the last decade (V for Vendetta & Cloud Atlas). I hope "Jupiter Ascending" will be one of the best blockbusters this year..

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 25 2015, 04:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I don't think I can be bothered to see this, it has been delayed for so long and looks pretty bad

I predict this will bomb badly in America

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 10 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Just went to see it despite the bad reviews, and it's much as expected - visually amazing, but like a kaleidoscope of images hitting you non-stop, sometimes less is more.

Great cast, but the script and dialogue need major reworking, chopping, and pacing properly, so they are all largely wasted, the only performance that seemed to gel properly was Channing Tatum's - who woulda thought it!? Potential Oscar-winner Eddy seems to have an appalling sore throat throughout and could well be on for a Raspberry and Oscar both.

I think the worst thing I can say about it, it's fairly easy to tell who the baddies are - they have British accents. If it's an American accent, goodies. That is one Hollywood cliche that needs upturning. Granted it keeps British actors in employment.....

4/10

+Quote this post
Severin
post Feb 11 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Frankly, if it is anywhere near as bad as Cloud Atlas (which should have been good) then I hope to never see this.

They haven't been subscribers to the law of diminishing returns from day one. The Matrix was brilliant but it's been downhill non-stop since.

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Feb 18 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
I saw this today, it just wasn't very good at all. It was just all a bit predictable and even the action scenes were dull. In particular the part near the start, where Mila's character is like dangling off Chaning Tatum's the whole time, I presume it was supposed to feel dangerous?

+Quote this post
post Feb 19 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
This was okay. It was a mess, storywise, but more entertaining than I would have thought.

Visually, it was stunning, some of the best visuals I've EVER seen in the cinema.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Apr 14 2015, 10:03 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Jupiter Ascending" is one of the newest science fiction films which had its world film premiere this year! "Jupiter Ascending" was advertised during the summer after it was originally scheduled to be released in mid-July of last year but it had been postponed to early February this year! It has an impressive official trailer that convinced us completely to watch it and the fact that the brothers Larry (ex Lana) and Andy Wachowski inspired this script idea, there was no way not to miss their new achievement on the big screen.
"Jupiter Ascending" is definitely one of the most impressive films I saw in recent months. It had amazing visual and sound effects, cascading montage, spectacular colors and excellent cinematography. On the other hand, the scenario was naive and incoherent in some places while the basic story of losing substance. The Wachowskis, having to their credit a philosophical film like "The Matrix", raised the bar too high and it is logical that the public would be dissatisfied with their new venture. Even some of their following works as the beloved "V for Vendetta" and the fantastic "Cloud Atlas" had a very high level which I would not say the same for "Jupiter Ascending" too. Nonetheless, their new movie is seen pleasantly and did not tire us at all although exceeding two hours in length. Furthermore, it had amazing chase scenes accompanied with epic sounds composed by the notable American-Italian composer Michael Giacchino while the representantion of space was literally breathtaking! The interpretations were likeable and some dialogues caused us to laugh but unfortunately some action scenes in the beginning and some cheesy characters, reminded me of a more sophisticated Power Rangers. This, of course, was not a good thing. It made me also a negative impression, the selection of Eddie Redmayne in the role of the evil villain. He seemed as a bad caricature and this specific role was not suitable for him although he received the best reviews for his performance in "The Theory of Everything" and he was one of the biggest winners at the Oscar’s night! I guess that his role/character couldn’t help him at all because it was quite ridiculous.
"Jupiter Ascending" had a disappointing result in the Box Office. However, it had more satisfactory numbers outside the United States which means that viewers ignored the appalling reviews that were written about its content such as scenario and over dependence on special effects. It just outnumbered the overall budget but many critics believe that it's still a failure. Surely, this is not the best result because we are talking about an original script idea which costed $176 million to the Warner Bros. Film Studio, intending to offer an ultimate spectacle to the cinematic audience. Though, I wouldn't claim that "Jupiter Ascending" is one of the best films or one of the worst of its kind but I strongly believe that it deserves to be watched only in the cinema because of the wonderful work that has been done on the technical and audio part.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Apr 17 2015, 08:14 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
The trailer looks really good! I can't wait to see it! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:34 PM