BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSCXL!!! - Botanikka - Finale, Final Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 29th April 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #341
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(LexC @ Apr 29 2012, 05:53 PM) *
That sounds great but I can't help but feel Sweden would win win by a landslide no matter what was sent! laugh.gif

Whoever was lucky enough to get them would be at an advantage but not everyone would be able to pick a track worthy of winning. Certainly BJSC doesn't have a Swedish winner every month and I don't think we've EVER had a contest to date with no Swedes!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 29th April 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #342
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 29 2012, 05:51 PM) *
I think dmlaw is on Moopy now!

As an aside, that would be a great idea for a future BJSC spin-off, 'BJSC Eurovision' whereby everyone that wishes to participate is randomly assigned a different country to send a song from. I remember it being quite fun the two times we did it on CHC, I got Malta the year before and it took me AGES to find a decent song to use laugh.gif Luckily Iceland has lots of great music.

That's a good idea actually, I wouldn't mind hosting it again either as it was a lot of fun as you say! Maybe when we have a bit more spare time as we're running a little behind schedule at the moment! Yes, you did very well to find Chasing Pandora and I have to thank you for sending them as I loved a lot of the songs they released afterwards!

I got Latvia the first year, that was a challenge to find something decent! I think I settled on a dreary indie-rock song in the end! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th April 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #343
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Like Hits I also got a sneak peak of the FSR Rontvian entrant (Rich also got a sneak peak at Nause/Emma before I posted them in my thread) and for me it was instant.

I do absolutely ADORE a ballad done properly and a very simple piano ballad with a beautiful vocal is properly done in my books. Literally the only reason it didn't walk away with my 12 in SF and Final like it should have was Dragonette being in the Final. The two of them were lightyears ahead of my 8 which in turn was miles ahead of my 4th place+ tracks.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th April 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #344
Group icon
Queen of Soon

The BJSC Eurovision Spin-off would be a great idea! It's finding time in the schedule for us to do it that's the problem. There is always the 5th brithday celebrations though, and we did start off in the ESC forum (for like a day before we got our own sub-forum) so that could be a nice way to pay homage to that.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th April 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #345
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Ghosty. @ Apr 29 2012, 06:00 PM) *
That's a good idea actually, I wouldn't mind hosting it again either as it was a lot of fun as you say! Maybe when we have a bit more spare time as we're running a little behind schedule at the moment! Yes, you did very well to find Chasing Pandora and I have to thank you for sending them as I loved a lot of the songs they released afterwards!

I got Latvia the first year, that was a challenge to find something decent! I think I settled on a dreary indie-rock song in the end! laugh.gif

I found it by typing 'amazing music from Malta' or something like that in Google, although even then I had to sift through about 30 really crap artists/songs before finding Chasing Pandora. I almost gave up being inspired and was going to just resort to something by Ira Losco but I'm glad I found an act that I hadn't previously heard of as it was quite a gorgeous song wub.gif Well if you do find a gap to cram a spin-off in I'd definitely be up for it, I like the challenge of finding something as you discover a ton of songs from that country in the process of looking for a suitable entry!

QUOTE(Silas @ Apr 29 2012, 06:00 PM) *
Like Hits I also got a sneak peak of the FSR Rontvian entrant (Rich also got a sneak peak at Nause/Emma before I posted them in my thread) and for me it was instant.

I do absolutely ADORE a ballad done properly and a very simple piano ballad with a beautiful vocal is properly done in my books. Literally the only reason it didn't walk away with my 12 in SF and Final like it should have was Dragonette being in the Final. The two of them were lightyears ahead of my 8 which in turn was miles ahead of my 4th place+ tracks.

I found Rae quite similar to your former entrant Gabrielle Aplin so I did have an inkling that you'd rather like it! Sadly, that track didn't do as well as it should have either sad.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th April 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #346
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 29 2012, 06:06 PM) *
I found Rae quite similar to your former entrant Gabrielle Aplin so I did have an inkling that you'd rather like it! Sadly, that track didn't do as well as it should have either sad.gif

Liar And The Lighter should have done so much better than it did, but I was thrilled to be back in the top 20 for the first time in like 7 contests. It's not a big an injustice as I Like That failing to make the top30 was.

It was all good in the end because the month after Aplin I won wub.gif Kristiina Brask through to Gabrielle Aplin was a big turning point for Ashton and the quality of the songs we were sending.

funky.gif *Still the only foreign language winner bitches* funky.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th April 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #347
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Silas @ Apr 29 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Liar And The Lighter should have done so much better than it did, but I was thrilled to be back in the top 20 for the first time in like 7 contests. It's not a big an injustice as I Like That failing to make the top30 was.

It was all good in the end because the month after Aplin I won wub.gif Kristiina Brask through to Gabrielle Aplin was a big turning point for Ashton and the quality of the songs we were sending.

funky.gif *Still the only foreign language winner bitches* funky.gif

True, that was a real WTF moment, it's still one of the best dance songs of recent years.

It was certainly an impressive return to form after that shocking start to 2010 you suffered results wise drama.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th April 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #348
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 29 2012, 06:20 PM) *
True, that was a real WTF moment, it's still one of the best dance songs of recent years.

It was certainly an impressive return to form after that shocking start to 2010 you suffered results wise drama.gif

It's one of my all time favourite songs and easily one of the best dance tracks I've ever heard. She's not come out with anything that could touch it since which is a shame. The P Diddy Mix really is life itself.

4 DNQ's was sooooooooooo fun nocheer.gif No idea how Sangria coped with 7 in a row.

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post 29th April 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #349
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347

I remember those Unknown Pleasures on ChC. biggrin.gif

The first time I was given Finland and entered 'Tell Me' by Darude which finished 4th. The second time I had Latvia and entered some Lady GaGa rip off artist whose name escpaes me. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 29th April 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #350
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886

QUOTE(Hitstastic @ Apr 29 2012, 07:42 PM) *
I remember those Unknown Pleasures on ChC. biggrin.gif

The first time I was given Finland and entered 'Tell Me' by Darude which finished 4th. The second time I had Latvia and entered some Lady GaGa rip off artist whose name escpaes me. laugh.gif

DJ Ella kink.gif, I only remember because I nearly (and probably should have) entered her the previous year with another song!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th April 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #351
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

The BJSC Eurovision idea would be amazing, but I just know I'd end up with Malta, Latvia or Bosnia or something laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 29th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #352
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

I really like the sound of that idea! biggrin.gif I think it'd do well as part of the 5th anniversary celebrations!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #353
Group icon
Hello?

I wouldn't know where to start with somewhere like Montenegro laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th April 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #354
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 29 2012, 08:19 PM) *
I wouldn't know where to start with somewhere like Montenegro laugh.gif

I suggest looking through Rambo Amadeus' back catalogue. I hear he's a legend over there. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #355
Group icon
Hello?

I think I'd sooner rip my ears off before subjecting myself to such torment!

+Quote this post
▲Ɩɘχ
post 29th April 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #356
Group icon
Du måste flytta på dig!!!
User: 4,318

QUOTE(Silas @ Apr 29 2012, 07:25 PM) *
4 DNQ's was sooooooooooo fun nocheer.gif No idea how Sangria coped with 7 in a row.

it was really hard but I love this contest and it has given me so much fun even with the DNQs. biggrin.gif but I hope I won't DNQ this time kink.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 29th April 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #357
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

What about this group? biggrin.gif

There actually are a few decent (female) Montenegrin singers.

+Quote this post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 03:09 PM