BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rupaul's Drag Race: Queen Rate - Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jimmy Jam
post 29th May 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #1
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

Just finishing totaling up the scores now.

Thank you for all 15 of you that entered, really pleased with that, and we have a great mix of scores!!

There are some queens that I expected to finish higher, there are queens i expected to finish lower, there are some underrated queen, there are some really low scores, and some amazingly high ones...

Results incoming!! Let's Begin!! cheer.gif

This post has been edited by Jimmy Jam: 29th May 2016, 01:58 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 29th May 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #2
Group icon

100th: Venus D’Lite

Average Score:1.25

Highest Scores: 6 (Joe), 5 (Kye)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Jimmy, 152Chris, Cucumberella, Oliver, LexC), 0 (Davidson, Leonardo)

In last place with an abysmal average of just 1.25 is Venus D'Lite. Venus was the first queen eliminated in Season 3; being eliminated by Shangela after the two of them wound up in the bottom two for failing to impress with their 'Queen Who Mopped Up Christmas Couture'. After a slightly over the top, kinda aggressive lip sync to Vanessa William's - The Right Stuff (that despite the messyness of it, would not be the most bizarre lip sync of the season #LiftGate) Shangela was victorious, and sealed Venus's fate in becoming part of the unwanted group of Queens eliminated on week 1! The Madonna impersonator hasn't really remained all that relevant since, and her most note worthy moment was her parody video for WoW Presents, reacting to Bianca's 'Really Queen' episode which featured her. Maybe that's for the best though, as she hasn't appeared to make all that of a positive impression on users of Buzzjack. Sorry Venus.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Jam: 29th May 2016, 01:54 PM

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 29th May 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Tyra looks so f***ing awkward at the back of that group photo.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 29th May 2016, 02:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Let's chuck these lot out in a bunch then

99th Magnolia Crawford: 1.43
Highest Scores: 6 (Joe), 4.5 (Lukuzz)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Jimmy, Leonardo, Oliver), 0 (152Chris, Davidson)
98th Penny Tration: 1.5
Highest Scores: 4 (Joe, 100)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Davidson), 0 (Leonardo, 152Chris, Martyn, LexC)
97th Jasmine Masters: 2.03
Highest Scores: 7 (Joe), 5.5 (Lukuzz)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Oliver, Aled), 0 (LexC, Mackenzie, Davidson, Martyn, 152Chris)
96th Serena ChaCha: 2.17
Highest Scores: 5 (Kye, Lukuzz)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Jimmy), 0 (LexC, Cucumberella, Davidson)

In second to last we have Magnolia Crawford, another 1 episode queen, this time from the second season opening for season 6. There's not really much to say about Magnolia tbh, we don't really see anything of her now the show is over, unsurprisingly, and her only really lasting impression she made from her episode was the queen who looked a hot mess in cow print, after calling herself a glamorous trash queen, yet blaming the trashy fabric. Wasn't often a Darriene fan, but was happy to see her send this queen home.

Then there is Penny Tration. IMO the first of the relatively innofensive, but completely forgettable queens to drop out. Penny was the first to be eliminated from Season 5 (I spot a trend here) after a truly awful attempt at a lip sync to one of the greatest songs of our time Party in the USA, and deserved to be sent packing for that very reason...even if it meant the vastly more annoying Serena ChaCha got to stay.

Let's talk about Jasmine Masters. Her most memorable contribution on the show was either hating on the "pretty" girls, or the whole chin strap mess on the bearded runway challenge in week 3 (the week she was eliminated). Jasmine is however the only one of the eliminated bunch thus far to have a real good go in the lip sync she was eliminated in, and for that I applaud her, and equally applaud her for the gorgeous dress she wore when she was sent packing. Whatever I thought of her on the show though, it has to be said, I felt the negative reaction she got from the public was absolutely disgusting. To be barraged with some of the awful hateful, racist things she was subject to makes me weep for humanity, and I feel if nothing else, she deserves credit for speaking so honestly about that situation she found herself in, since she left the show.

And then finally we have Serena ChaCha. Insanely intolerable on the show I found, loud, obnoxious, and so annoying; and not in the fierce way that most of the cast is, she ws just trying so hard, but in fairness I think that might have been down to her young age at the time. I say this, because seeing her at a couple of the red carpets in season reunions post S5, she is looking great, and it's nice to see such a young queen, who got such a privileged beginning, being on drag race, step it up since leaving, and leave her week 2 elimination behind her.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 29th May 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

the bottom 5 echoes the last drag rate's results, with only alisa summers somehow escaping

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 29th May 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #6
Group icon

95th Sasha Belle: 2.4
Highest Scores: 5 (Joe, Kye, Cucumberella)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Jimmy), 0 (Mackenzie, 152Chris, LexC)
94th Alisa Summers: 2.43
Highest Scores: 7 (Kye), 5.5 (Jimmy), 4 (Oliver, Joe)
Lowest Scores: 0 (Davidson, LexC, 152Chris), 1 (Mackenzie, Cucumberella)

At 95th we have S7's 2nd elimination, Sasha Belle. Again not really much to say about Sasha, as our exposure to her was minimal, and she has done little since. i do admire her balls to come into a competition claiming to have cracked the code on how to win, but I think we all knew she wouldn't last long after that laugh.gif I did find her adorably hopeless in a way, but at the same time i felt she was incredibly lucky not to be in the bottom 2 week 1, and probably be sent home first by lip sync master Kandy Ho. Having said that, bitch looked flawless at the season 7 reunion, so maybe there was more to see, who knows. Please don't judge her too harshly on her short comings though, she didn't understand the assignment, poor thing.

Then next we have the first queen to leave season 4, Alisa Summers. Alisa seemed like a really adorable person outta drag, not to mention kinda hot, but that post apopalopic couture was a hot mess, and Jiggly slayed her to the gawds in that lip sync to toxic. Interestingly I always forget that Alisa was the second queen to have served a stint on prison from the season 4 cast before the show, unfortunately she never got the time to show her charm and win over the nation ala Latrice Royale.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Jam: 29th May 2016, 06:05 PM

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 29th May 2016, 09:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

awch i like sasha, she's been rly good outside of the program but unfortunately she just wasn't ready

venus dlite has to be one of the worst drag queens ever lmao

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 29th May 2016, 10:07 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

all terrible terrible queens so far

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 30th May 2016, 12:26 AM
Post #9
Group icon

93rd Madame LaQueer: 2.47
Highest Scores: 6 (Leonardo, Cucumberella), 4 (Aled, Joe, Simon)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Martyn, Lukuzz), 0 (LexC)
92nd Rebecca Glasscock: 2.5
Highest Scores: 6 (Lukuzz), 5 (Davidson, 100)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Leonardo, Jimmy)
91st Pheonix: 2.53
Highest Scores: 5 (Joe, Lukuzz), 4 (Simon, Aled, Kye)
Lowest Scores: 0 (Jimmy, 152Chris, Davidson, Mackenzie)

Madame LaQueer is next, the 4th elminee from season 4. Probably most remembered for her hilarious, yet flawed attempt at a British accent in the sitcom challenge (EEEWWWWWWW) which saw her land in the bottom 2 for the first time against Milan. Madness then ensued, with wigs flying everywhere, finger wagging, and Milan dragging her ass across the stage. Despite all the low points, Madame did have a high point in week 2, winning the wrestling challenge in her partnership with Chad Michaels, although unfortunately that didn't stop the other queens leaving poor Madame until last pick in every group challenge. Madame was also the first queen to get Michelle's hatred of green thrown at her, not that she took much notice, and was eliminated wearing...GREEN! Dum dum dum.

At 92nd we have the controversial Rebecca Glasscock. Rebecca and her pretty face managed to somehow get all the way to 3rd place back in the dark ages of season 1, much to the fans, and fellow contestants surprise, and dismay. I think the general consensus is she was pretty and not much else, and other queens such as Ongina or Shanelle, were more deserving of her spot. There was also some controversy in Rebecca's first lip sync where she sent Jade Sotomayor packing in week 4; as it appeared that Rebecca got more physical than many deemed professional. Say what you want about her though, despite her loose wig line, she is one of the first ever finalists on Drag Race, and no one can take her away from her.

And the final queen to leave this bunch is the utterly forgettable Pheonix. The queen that did the wonky eye lash way before Gia Gunn was in the picture. We didn;t get to see much from Pheonix, only lasting 2 episodes in season 3, but probably one of her most "memorable" moments was her mini fued with Venus D'Lite about who smashed baubles and glued them onto their jacket first... ..... ... zzz... ANYWAY! Another moment of note for Pheonix was in the Untucked the week she was eliminated. Out of nowhere she decided to try and come for Miss Henny, Miss Stacy Layne for no apparent reason, claiming Stacy wasn't up to her, or any of the other queens standards, and was not competition (sadly not the only time people would throw that at poor Stacy for no reason whatsoever), despite Stacy fairing pretty well at that point, and it being blatenly obvious Pheonix was about to be sent packing...whatever though, Pheonix exited week 2, and Stacy lasted a further 4 weeks past that, and remains a loveable, mini fan favourite, so pick your winner if you want...

Only Season 2 and 8 yet to lose a queen after the bottom 10 reveal

This post has been edited by Jimmy Jam: 30th May 2016, 12:57 AM

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 30th May 2016, 12:28 AM
Post #10
Group icon

Your bottom 10:
100th Venus D’Lite: 1.25
99th Magnolia Crawford: 1.43
98th Penny Tration: 1.5
97th Jasmine Masters: 2.03
96th Serena ChaCha: 2.17
95th Sasha Belle: 2.4
94th Alisa Summers: 2.43
93rd Madame LaQueer: 2.47
92nd Rebecca Glasscock: 2.5
91st Pheonix: 2.53

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 30th May 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon

90th Dax ExclamationPoint: 2.9
Highest Scores: 6.5 (Davidson), 4 (Jimmy, Kye, 100)
Lowest Scores: 0 (LexC), 2 (Cucumberella, Oliver, 152Chris, Leonardo)
89th Milan: 3.07
Highest Scores: 7 (Davidson), 6 (Aled, Lukuzz)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Simon, 152Chris, Jimmy), 0 (LexC)

Kicking off the top 90 is one of the double eliminees from Season 8, Dax Exclamationpoint. Eliminated in week 2, along with Laila McQueen, Dax was sent packing after a horrendous lip sync attempt to 'I Will Survive'. Personally, I was routing for Dax at the beginning of the season, as after her Meet The Queens video, I expected great things from her throughout the season, however after the ultimate gay sin of having next to no energy in possibly one of the most iconic, gay anthems of all time, she had to sentenced to the sashay away sword unfortunately. She does have a youtube show called 'What's Up Nerds' at the moment though (Which admittedly I've not watched yet) so she hasn't just faded away as one might have expected her to do after leaving so soon. Hoping to see more of her in the future and show the Drag Race world the queen she could have been on the show (and was in that amazing reunion gown drama.gif ).

Rip off your wigs, here comes Milan. Her Drag Race legacy will forever be the queen who couldn't keep hold of her wig in a lip sync, and tbh her Born This Way lip sync, and Trouble lip sync, are low key iconic laugh.gif Personally one of my least favourite Drag Race queen though tbh, mainly because I found her quite annoying on the show. Her runway was never really anything to bother about (except that Gold Disco Jump Suit which was fierce) and in the work room especially in group challenges I found her bossy, and a little too desperate for the lime light. Remember the week of the sitcom challenge and she bragged about being a trained actor and tried to take control of the group, and then she just looked crazy on set, and wound up in the bottom 2!! laugh.gif tragic. Anyway, I can tease all I want, bitch made it to week 6, so she must have done something right!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 30th May 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #12
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

no @ both

+Quote this post
post 30th May 2016, 01:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Milan was a f***ing mess

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 30th May 2016, 03:39 PM
Post #14
Group icon

88th Vivienne Pinay: 3.1
Highest Scores: 6 (Cucumberella), 5 (Lukuzz, Joe, 100)
Lowest Scores: 0 (LexC), 1 (Mackenzie), 2 (Martyn, Kye, Leonardo, 152Chris)
87th Honey Mahogany: 3.53
Highest Scores: 6 (Lukuzz, Mackenzie), 5 (Joe, Oliver, 100)
Lowest Scores: 0 (LexC, 152Chris), 1 (Martyn), 2 (Leonardo)

And in one swoop the original double eliminees are out. Not really much point in doing separate commentary for either as neither really left a lasting impression, despite lasting 4 weeks. Honey's most memorable achievement is the ability to serve the same bed sheet in different colours week in week out on the runway; and Vivienne Pinay was fishy...Neither really brought much to the competition, and defnitely felt like filler queens right from the off, although Honey did have a decent week in the second challenge, where she was pretty strong, but ultimately saw the win go to Lineysha Sparx. Oh yeah, and they committed the ultimate crime of having no energy to queen of us all, Derrick Barry Britney Spears. Unforgivable tbh.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 30th May 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #15
Group icon

14 queens down, is there anyone y'all expected to be out already/expect to be out soon? Anyone you think should be higher?

Predictions for the flops pls heart.gif

+Quote this post
post 30th May 2016, 03:49 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'd expect Kim Chi to be a lot lower than expected since not a huge amount of people voted and she got a -1.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 30th May 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #17
Group icon

85th India Ferrah: 3.57
Highest Scores: 8 (Jimmy), 7 (Joe), 6 (Oliver)
Lowest Scores: -1 (Mackenzie), 0 (LexC, 152Chris)
85th Kelly Mantle: 3.57
Highest Scores: 8 (100), 6 (Jimmy, Leonardo, Cucumberella)
Lowest Scores: 0 (152Chris, Machenzie), 1.5 (Lukuzz)
84th Tyra Sanchez: 3.69
Highest Scores: 8.5 (Jimmy, Leonardo), 7 (Aled, Cucumberella)
Lowest Scores: -1 (LexC, Oliver, Joe, Lukuzz, Martyn)

In joint 85th we have 4th eliminee from season 3: India Ferrah, and the first queen eliminated from the first opening of season 6: Kelly Mantle. Again, neither of the queens really made much of an impact while on the show, India's biggest impression was probably being lifted by Mimi Imfurst, and Kelly for wearing flower petals bacon. I do like both of these queens however, and have stayed semi relevant since leaving the show, in the sense that they still go to all the reunions and do interviews, which as a fan of the show, I appreciate. I appreciate the fact that Miss India is a fierce painter, and her make up skills have gone up another level since exiting the show. Probably wouldn't have put them much higher, but definitely some of my favourites of the eliminated ones so far.

Then we have ..."AMERICA'S SWEETHEART" Tyra Sanchez dry.gif Tbh I'm offended I am one of the highest scorers here, and it's not something I would like attached to me, but whatever I think the score was fair based on her performance on the show, no matter my personal opinion of her. Having said that, I did enjoy seeing her get a massive 5 -1s laugh.gif which has dragged her down to a laughable 84th. Especially for a winner. Especially considering she's been eliminated before Mystique and Nicole Paige Brooks. laugh.gif Sorry About It Tyra. Next.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 30th May 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

So glad Tyra is out. She is insufferable.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 30th May 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

That is way too low for Tyra, she wasn't even the worst queen in her series, let alone -1 for so many. She shouldn't have won, granted, but still.

+Quote this post
Lee_J11
post 30th May 2016, 11:55 PM
Post #20
Group icon
You can call me Manboy
User: 488

How did I miss voting for this? ohmy.gif

Tyra is disgustingly low mellow.gif

+Quote this post