BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Secret in Their Eyes, Chiwetel Ejiofor & Nicole Kidman & Julia Roberts
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Sep 14 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
" Secret in Their Eyes" is based on the 2005 novel originally titled La pregunta de sus ojos (The Question in Their Eyes) by Argentinian author Eduardo Sacheri. I watched the Argentinian version (El secreto de sus ojos) in an outdoor cinema five years ago! It won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film at the 82nd Academy Awards! I woudn't say that I loved the Argentinian movie because its evolution was quite slow. I totally believe that "White Ribbon" deserved the golden statuette that year! However, I will watch the American version because of the cast! Julia Roberts is my favourite actress, Nicole Kidman is one of my favourites and Chiwetel Ejiofor was great in "12 Years a Slave"!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
richie
post Sep 15 2015, 08:06 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
Not sure why a remake is required. I really liked the Argentinian original.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Sep 8 2016, 06:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Secret in their Eyes" is a police thriller that made its official premiere in the cinemas of my country in the middle of January! It is the remake of the homonymous Argentinean film, which won the Golden Statuette for "Best Foreign Language Film" in 2009! The American version is composed of a brilliant cast, including Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and Chiwetel Ejiofor and it was released in the U.S. during the Oscar season. I had seen the original film in an open air cinema in July 2010, but to be honest, I did not remember too much about its content. So I was very curious about the result of the new version without having to go into the comparison process between the two films.
"Secret in their Eyes" is a revenge story, which focuses on the murder of a young girl. The killer had been arrested after his criminal act and the case had been closed for a long time. However, the detective who originally was in charge of it, will return to the crime scene to collect new data in order to find the culprit. "Secret in their Eyes" is a pretty good movie with lots of mystery and suspense. The American Bill Ray not only wrote the screenplay but he was also responsible for the directing. Although the film starts very slowly, from a point on the hypothesis acquires a lot of tension and many twists. The interpretations of the three main actors were very good and their selection was very apt from the film's producers. "Secret in Their Eyes" had interesting directorial style, well-written dialogues and nice music. Despite this, several consecutive flashbacks, perhaps, may cause some confusion and tire large portions of the viewers. You could not be sure if each scene unfolded in the past or at the present stage of the story.
"Secret in their Eyes" is based on the novel "La Pregunta de sus ojos" by the Argentine writer Eduardo Sacheri. With this cast, we would expect that this would be a commercial film but unfortunately its total receipts were very lukewarm worldwide. With this result, it probably played a catalytic role the inevitable comparison with the original film. There were many user comments below its official trailer of the film on YOUTUBE, which encouraged the potential audience to ignore the American remake and prefer the original film. Moreover, as were the comments of critics. Though, personally I liked the new film and I would mainly recommend to all those who love crime stories.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Dec 13 2016, 10:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Not seen the original of this but caught this on Sky Movies the other day and enjoyed it a fair bit. The acting from the three leads was stellar and the final few twists were jaw-dropping ohmy.gif The non-linear storyline got a little confusing at times and I can see why the unnecessary criticisms exist if the original was so great but I'm glad that this was made so it made the story more familiar, it has great unravelling plot and I enjoyed the reveals despite the film being a little slow in places.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:33 AM