BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Round 2: Least Favourite Harry Potter Movie, Goodbye Snape
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Round2
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
*Tim
post 16th July 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

So in 8th and last place we find Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince, along with one of the saddest parts of the franchise, Dumbledore's Death.

Summary: Contains spoilers, but y'know you should've even be voting or be proud if you haven't seen them all
Lord Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the wizarding and Muggle worlds and has chosen Draco Malfoy to carry out a secret mission. Severus Snape makes an Unbreakable Vow with Draco's mother, Narcissa, to protect Draco and fulfill the assignment if he fails.

16-year-old Harry accompanies Albus Dumbledore to visit former Potions professor Horace Slughorn, who has gone into hiding but agrees to return to teach at Hogwarts. Dumbledore then takes Harry to the Burrow, where Harry reunites with his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Harry believes Voldemort has made Draco a Death Eater, after seeing Draco taking part in a ceremony, but Ron and Hermione are sceptical. At Hogwarts, Harry and Ron are forced to borrow textbooks for Slughorn's Potions class, and Harry is stuck with a copy that turns out to be filled with helpful notes, instructions, and spells left by the book's previous owner, the "Half-Blood Prince". Using the book, Harry excels in the class and impresses Slughorn. Ron becomes Keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and forms a romantic relationship with Lavender Brown, upsetting Hermione. Harry consoles Hermione, revealing that he now has feelings for Ron's younger sister, Ginny Weasley.

Harry spends the Christmas holidays with the Weasleys. On Christmas Eve, Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback set fire to the Burrow. Back at school, Ron is nearly killed when he drinks poisoned mead, a drink originally intended for Dumbledore. While recovering, Ron murmurs Hermione's name, causing Lavender to end their relationship. Harry confronts Draco and severely injures him with a Sectumsempra curse taken from the textbook of the Half-Blood Prince. Snape enters and quickly heals Draco's wound. Fearing the book may be filled with more Dark Magic, Ginny and Harry hide it in the Room of Requirement and share their first kiss.

Dumbledore shows Harry memories of a young Tom Riddle and reveals that Slughorn retains a memory critical to Voldemort's defeat. Harry eventually succeeds in retrieving the memory, and learns that Voldemort wanted information for creating Horcruxes, objects that contain pieces of his soul. In the memory, Tom asked if dividing his soul into seven pieces was possible. Dumbledore concludes that Voldemort eventually did this, and two of his Horcruxes have already been destroyed: Tom Riddle's diary and Marvolo Gaunt's ring. After discovering the possible location of another Horcrux, Harry and Dumbledore travel to a seaside cave where Harry is forced to make Dumbledore drink a painful potion that hides the Horcrux, a locket. A weakened Dumbledore defends them from Inferi and Apparates back to Hogwarts, where Bellatrix, Greyback and more Death Eaters have entered with Draco's help through a Vanishing Cabinet.

Dumbledore instructs Harry to hide as Draco arrives and reveals that he has been chosen by Voldemort to kill Dumbledore. However, he is unable to bring himself to do it, and Snape casts the Avada Kedavra curse instead, killing Dumbledore. Harry attempts to curse Snape but Snape overpowers him and reveals that he is the Half-Blood Prince. Harry returns to the school to find the staff and students mourning Dumbledore. Harry later reveals to Ron and Hermione that the locket Horcrux was a fake. The locket contains a message from "R.A.B.", stating that he has stolen the real Horcrux with the intent of destroying it. Rather than return for their final year at Hogwarts, Harry, Ron and Hermione vow to seek out and destroy the remaining Horcruxes.

8th: Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince 10 votes/27.03%

This post has been edited by *Tim: 16th July 2015, 06:45 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 16th July 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

Not too fussed about HBP going so soon, my vote is for DH Pt. I as unlike the rest of the films, it doesn't work as a stand alone.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 16th July 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Aww sad.gif
PoA. It's still great though. They all are.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 16th July 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

C'mon The Philosopher's Stone can't stay much longer, it worries me that Azkaban was actually not far behind it, like really?

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 16th July 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

It's the Chamber of Secrets for me again. One of the first 2 HAS to go now

+Quote this post
post 16th July 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Philosopher's Stone

+Quote this post
Ninjabait
post 17th July 2015, 01:06 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 22,088

I'm going to go with "Deathly Hallows (Part 1)" this time. It's great when you watch Part 2 right after and get the full experience, but it doesn't really hold up well as an individual movie.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th July 2015, 02:50 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

What the actual eff at these results though!

'Prisoner Of Azkaban' likely to go, over the first two movies? (Ignoring the fact it's actually the best film in the franchise, but leaving before the first two movies is just an awful result, even for these Buzzjack polls!)

drama.gif

I'm literally outta here if that one goes so soon! (I probably won't be, coz Ill always support this part of the forum, but still!)

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 17th July 2015, 03:32 AM
Post #9
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

How are people voting off Prisoner of Azkaban when it gave us the single most ikonek moment of the entire series?

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 17th July 2015, 08:53 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

The first two movies were classic though. The old Dumbledore was great (although I'm not sure we would have been able to play the darker scenes in the later movies) and Professor Lockhart was a great character also kink.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th July 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Philosophers Stone

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 17th July 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 21,384

Voted GoF again. And why is PoA at 6 votes already lmao, that has to be the second-best of the series, at least

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 17th July 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

'Prisoner of Azkaban' has always been my favourite (book and film), 'Goblet of Fire' for me.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th July 2015, 09:35 AM
Post #14
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Philosopher's Stone as its tame compared to the other films based on its darkness.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 18th July 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Chamber Of Secrets again, pleased to see all the first 3 being highest though, any could go at this stage really as all will be my targets in the next 3 rounds anyway.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th July 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part I

+Quote this post
Jester
post 19th July 2015, 08:19 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

PoA is BY FAR the best Harry Potter film! mad.gif

Chamber of Secrets, however, is the worst book and film so goodbye (hopefully).

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th July 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #18
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Ninjabait @ Jul 17 2015, 04:06 AM) *
I'm going to go with "Deathly Hallows (Part 1)" this time. It's great when you watch Part 2 right after and get the full experience, but it doesn't really hold up well as an individual movie.

this tbh

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 20th July 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I voted POA because I genuiny feel it's weak. It was one of my favourite books but I don't think the film was very faithful. Too artsy fartsy at the cost of the story. Ron and Hermione falling out needed more depth, they don't properly explain that James, Sirius, etc created the marauders map and they give away the massive twist that Pettigrew is still alive with Harry seeing it on the map. Perhaps it works for those who haven't read the books but it doesn't for me.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 22nd July 2015, 10:06 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Bitch of t seet

Just over 24 hours to vote and we've got a tie ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >