BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> AF Idol Flash Poll: Group and Solo songs, This could get messy x
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
MISSED SINGLE OPPORTUNITIES
Which group song would you choose to send?
Love Thing (Spice Girls) [from Spice] [ 10 ] ** [50.00%]
Saturday Night Divas (Spice Girls) [from Spiceworld] [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
Move Over (Spice Girls) [from Spiceworld] [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Do It (Spice Girls) [from Spiceworld] [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
Don't send a group song - a solo choice is better than the above songs [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Which solo song would you choose to send?
Breathing (Emma Bunton) [from Free Me] [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
Love Never Loved Me (Geri Halliwell) [from Passion] [ 4 ] ** [20.00%]
Stupid Game (Melanie C) [from The Sea] [ 1 ] ** [5.00%]
Burn (Melanie C) [from The Sea] [ 5 ] ** [25.00%]
Don't send a solo song - a group choice is better than the above songs [ 7 ] ** [35.00%]
Total votes: 21

McAndrew
post 20th June 2020, 09:13 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

Re-listening to 'Love Thing' - it grabbed me much quicker than any of the Spice World options. So despite the less expensive production, it got my vote.

Burn is my preferred solo option. Love Breathing too but it's less immediate for me.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th June 2020, 09:18 AM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Thank you Maz, Haus and McAndrew for voting! wub.gif

I've also voted for Love Thing (and I like that out of all the Spice options it was at one point in the running to actually be a single). For solo, I went with Burn - it's very instant. Stupid Game is also great, but Burn edges it. It was a close run thing between Burn and Love Never Loved Me, though I fear Geri would be the more divisive choice. I agree that Emma's is probably the least immediate/attention grabbing song of the 4 solo choices.

In AF Idol 3.0 we'll certainly aim to use some Emma and Geri songs. wub.gif

QUOTE(vibe @ Jun 20 2020, 09:58 AM) *
None of these

Something Kind Funny
Closer

It would be very helpful to know what you'd prefer from the poll though! We had to disregard the songs that only had 1 person suggest them, in order to narrow it down a bit. sad.gif There were 20-ish different songs suggested in the main thread!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th June 2020, 09:32 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I voted Love thing and Burn.

I actually think Breathing is more instant than Love never loved me though, it took me a few listens to really appreciate that song while Breathing was an instant favourite ❤️

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th June 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Saturday Night Divas (but I really like all of those options)
Don’t send a solo song (unnecessary sabotage xo)

+Quote this post
vibe
post 20th June 2020, 10:13 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Fair enough Spice Boy

Do it
Burn

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 20th June 2020, 11:02 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

For the record I also think Geri should have released 'Love never loved me' as a pre-album single.

It was way more indicative of the album and more her usual style than Desire. I felt it had a bit more too it than Ride It too - which imo sounded like a remix of a song we never got. cool.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th June 2020, 11:21 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I made my husband listen to the choices and tell me (as a non-spice fan) which one he thought was best and he said Burn. He did say out of the Spice Girls options that Love thing was the most instant.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 20th June 2020, 11:25 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

You married a non-spice fan?! ohmy.gif

JK. Excellent feedback

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 20th June 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,953

How did we get through the last round Melanie C.png and Madonna out? Mel B.png
At this stage I think it has to be Spice Girls track. I can't choose between Love Thing and Saturday Night Divas, and yes Something Kinda Funny too. Geri.png
Personally I slightly prefer Saturday Night Divas but the other two are strong as well.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 20th June 2020, 12:34 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I went for 'Love Thing', it felt like the most catchy on first listen. 'Saturday Night Divas' is good too.

Don't want to sound defeatist but I think this could be the end of the line for Spice Girls, so I think it would be good to send a song that represents Spice Girls best and I think a track from either of their multi-million selling albums does just that! It's your best chance of getting through too, like I assume most Spice Girls fans generally like everything on their group albums whereas there's different favourites across their solo projects.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th June 2020, 12:40 PM
Post #31
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I genuinely, had no idea that 'Love Thing' was such a fan favourite? Especially over SND? I don't mind it, but they have better album tracks, but then again, I've pretty much just been team NGUOTGT for so long that I've over looked the other ones popularities. :')

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th June 2020, 01:00 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(McAndrew @ Jun 20 2020, 12:25 PM) *
You married a non-spice fan?! ohmy.gif

JK. Excellent feedback

laugh.gif He's not a hater, I wouldn't go that far laugh.gif Just not a fan as such, doesn't mind them, wouldn't go out of his way to see or buy something of theirs, wouldn't turn it off on the radio either.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 20th June 2020, 01:23 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jun 20 2020, 02:00 PM) *
laugh.gif He's not a hater, I wouldn't go that far laugh.gif Just not a fan as such, doesn't mind them, wouldn't go out of his way to see or buy something of theirs, wouldn't turn it off on the radio either.

Haha. Sounds far too healthy to me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th June 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #34
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Voted for Love Thing and Love Never Loved Me, either one of those wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th June 2020, 02:06 PM
Post #35
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 20 2020, 01:40 PM) *
I genuinely, had no idea that 'Love Thing' was such a fan favourite? Especially over SND? I don't mind it, but they have better album tracks, but then again, I've pretty much just been team NGUOTGT for so long that I've over looked the other ones popularities. :')

God help the mister (Jonjo) that comes between me and my sisters (fellow Spice fans who appreciate Love Thing cool2.gif ) Melanie C.png

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jun 20 2020, 01:34 PM) *
I went for 'Love Thing', it felt like the most catchy on first listen. 'Saturday Night Divas' is good too.

Don't want to sound defeatist but I think this could be the end of the line for Spice Girls, so I think it would be good to send a song that represents Spice Girls best and I think a track from either of their multi-million selling albums does just that! It's your best chance of getting through too, like I assume most Spice Girls fans generally like everything on their group albums whereas there's different favourites across their solo projects.

I feel the same! If we’re destined to go out, I think a ‘Spice’ album fave is probably the way to go. If Love Thing can’t outdo Gaga and Rihanna’s choices, that’s quite alright. cool2.gif I assumed Spice Girls would have been out a few rounds ago, obviously that was pessimistic of me but I assumed when it came to BuzzJack at large that they’d not be able to outlast artists such as Britney, Katy, and Madonna. I’m very surprised & pleased with how far we’ve come! BuzzJack is clearly feeling Spicy (and loves a bit of Sporty Spice) laugh.gif

I can sense that a couple of voters really aren’t here for them having come this far, but I would have thought that something unexpected like this would be quite exciting in terms of this competition!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th June 2020, 02:43 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jay* @ Jun 20 2020, 03:06 PM) *
God help the mister (Jonjo) that comes between me and my sisters (fellow Spice fans who appreciate Love Thing cool2.gif ) Melanie C.png

Just reopened the thread to point out I did the second "Yeah God help the mister" cool.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:59 AM