BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emma Bunton • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Pipa
post Jun 7 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #1
FIERCE! Sexy!
Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Well, this isn't really news, nor is it that important, but seeing that there is a lack of information about Rachel at the moment, we decided to post this little bit for you.

Emma Bunton, former Spice Girls star who plans to record a third UK album and release it sometime in 2007, has posted a message on her official website stating that she met Rachel Stevens during her tile in LA. The two, who have previously met and been photographed together, supposedly 'hung out' as well. The message is as follows:

Just wanted to drop you a quick line as I've been having a busy time of it - honest! I've recently been in LA for work which was a total blast, I have to say. I was there just to have a few preliminary work meetings but the best thing was that I was able to have a bit of time off - I went to see American Idol which I'm a big fan of - and I also caught up with a lot of mates while I was there: I hung out with Rachel Stevens but I also got to see Geri and Melanie B too.

Credits: RSO

Meh sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jun 8 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #2
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Ooh, lucky Emma, lucky Rachel!

Nah, more lucky Emma. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
DoubleM
post Jun 11 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #3
Guests

Thanks for posting,

It's a shame we never saw Emma in the AI audience. If she was there the same night as Rachel, she must have been close to her if they've been hanging out together...unless they went on different nights.

+Quote Post
Pipa
post Jun 11 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #4
FIERCE! Sexy!
Member No.: 36

Yeah unsure.gif
Well maybe she was there but she wasn't filmed or something wacko.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Grandwicky
post Jun 11 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 49

aww I want news about music sad.gif Oh well we there will be soon so we won't need to turn into the Darius forum. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jack89
post Jun 11 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #6
Eurovision Chat
Member No.: 84
   No Gallery Pics

Imagine sitting next to a spice girl!

+Quote Post
Kelly
post Jun 14 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #7
I'm that chick you like...
Member No.: 3

I love Emma too. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jack89
post Dec 8 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #8
Eurovision Chat
Member No.: 84
   No Gallery Pics

I'd Be Shocked If I Won!
It had been a quiet couple of years for Emma Bunton, but now suddenly she’s everywhere. As well as being one of the favourites to win Strictly Come Dancing, Emma released this year’s Children In Need single and she’s just moved in with her boyfriend of eight years, Jade Jones. We caught up with her to discuss her Strictly schedule and the chemistry between her and partner Darren Bennett.

"People said to me at the beginning, 'If you do Strictly Come Dancing, it's going to be hard work', but I didn't think it would be this hard," Emma admitted. "But the main thing is, I am loving it. It's been quite hard work but it's really weird because I love it. Even Jade knows I'm usually terrible in the mornings and can't get up, but these days, I'm jumping out of bed. "I think it's because I'm loving every second of it. And when I love something, it's easy to get to it."

She acknowledges though that the dancing has been more difficult than she expected. "The training is very hard work. Bless Darren, he's very patient with me,” she said of her dance partner. “The thing is, I pick something up but tend to forget it very quickly, and he has to keep going over it with me.

"He's become a little bit harder with me over the last couple of weeks, because I haven't had the time to give him, so I think he's getting a bit frustrated with me. But I'm trying my best and we do work well together. There is a chemistry between us - he's just so easy to get on with. We're also the same star sign so we're quite similar people as well."

Emma, one of the favourites to win the show, decided to take part in the dancing competition because she fancied a challenge. "At the beginning of the year, I turned 30 and said to myself, 'I'm going to give myself challenges this year'. I'm not a trained dancer by any means," she said.
"I've done little bits of dancing with the [Spice] girls, which is very simple stuff, but this is completely different from anything else that I've done. There's something so special about dancing with a partner and being taught a new skill.

"I'd be quite shocked if I won," Emma added. "I'm just taking each day as it comes. We've got to learn a new dance every week, sometimes two dances, so I'm not thinking that far ahead - even though Darren probably is!"

While the dance training means working closely with Darren on those sexy moves, she says that Jade isn't fazed by her spending so much time with another man. "Oh no, he's not jealous at all. Darren is married to Lilia on the show, and Jade's come down to a few practices, along with Lilia. We both wanted to take up the tango after watching Strictly last year, and I tried to find a tango teacher to teach us. So before I even got asked to do the show, we were already really keen to take up some sort of dancing - we just didn't get round to it.

"Now whenever I get home, Jade's always asking me what I've learnt today. I always say that I'm too tired but he wants me to show him. So I've been teaching him little bits and he loves it."

She needs to win if she wants to release another song me thinks

+Quote Post
thisispop
post Dec 8 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #9
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
Member No.: 72
   No Gallery Pics

She stands no chance of winning.

In the last four weeks the judges have voted her Top out of all the dancers in 3 out of the 4 weeks, but the public have voted her bottom four weeks on the trot.

When it gets to the final three contestants it will be a straightforward public vote, so there is no way she will win.

The same thing happened last year with Zoe Ball. Remember teenage girls will not vote for another pretty female. Especially a successful one worth c. ÂŁ10 million.

They would much rather vote for the "fit" England Rugby player Matt Dawson; the "swoonsome" England Test cricketer Mark Rampakash or the 17 year-old Eastenders actress (who's contract is not going to be renewed = the sympathy vote) Louise Lytton.

+Quote Post
Andrewy
post Dec 8 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,254

^^ And also she's the worst dancer wink.gif

Mark and Karen have it going ON! They deserve it

+Quote Post
val4jadan
post Dec 8 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 89
   No Gallery Pics

She's a good dancer, but I think the winner will either be Mark or Louisa.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Dec 8 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #12
Break the tension

It could do wonders for her album if she won.

+Quote Post
thisispop
post Dec 8 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Andrewy @ Dec 8 2006, 03:27 PM) *

^^ And also she's the worst dancer wink.gif

That is your opinion.

But why have the "expert panel of judges" have given her the top marks in the 3 out of the last 4 weeks? rolleyes.gif

Let's face it, the British public like underdog losers, we don't like winners.

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Dec 8 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #14
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Aly @ Dec 8 2006, 04:40 PM) *

It could do wonders for her album if she won.

rotf.gif ARE you having a laugh

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Dec 8 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #15
Break the tension

QUOTE(Mikey @ Dec 8 2006, 05:51 PM) *

rotf.gif ARE you having a laugh

laugh.gif

No, it's about her only glimmer of hope she has left.

+Quote Post
thisispop
post Dec 8 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #16
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Aly @ Dec 8 2006, 05:55 PM) *

laugh.gif

No, it's about her only glimmer of hope she has left.

Her only glimmer of hope is surely a Spice Girls reunion in the second half of 2007? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
darren
post Dec 8 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 597
   No Gallery Pics

I'm too caught up with Leona to watch SCD laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Dec 8 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

it will be between emma andf ruby from eastenders i think

+Quote Post
Andrewy
post Dec 9 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That is your opinion.

But why have the "expert panel of judges" have given her the top marks in the 3 out of the last 4 weeks?

It's true ... but I've been ballroom and latin dancing for the last 2 years and, although I don't claim to be anywhere near as good or qualified, I do know SOMETHING (especially how beginners dance and improve) it's totally clear to me that (in my opinion wink.gif) emma is the worst dancer. IMO, the judges couldn't be more wrong in their marks. smile.gif

Don't get me wrong ... as a person and musician, I adore Emma. But as a dancer, she's not the best

imo wink.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewy: Dec 9 2006, 03:55 AM

+Quote Post
Andrewy
post Dec 9 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member

oops, double post!

This post has been edited by Andrewy: Dec 9 2006, 03:56 AM

+Quote Post

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM