BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The X Factor ● Series 13 ● Spoilers, Song choice spoilers, etc
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jul 9 2016, 11:41 PM
Post #1
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Hope you don't mind me starting this, Liam!

The Six Chair Challenge started filming today (just a day after the first stage of boot camp results according to Simon! ohmy.gif) and will continue with 2 sessions tomorrow and one on Monday.

(spoiler tagging the rest in case anyone clicks onto this accidentally)

The first session today which I attended was the girls. Simon is the mentor for the girls, and took the following through:

- a girl named Caitlyn who sang Andra Day's Rise Up, she was incredible and I'd expect a big boost for the song when it aired!
- Gifty, who auditioned last year, she sang Gnarls Barkley's Crazy and blew the roof off
- Emily Middlemass, who got to judges' houses two years ago, she sang a stripped back version of Girls Just Want To Have Fun and was really pretty great, got an excellent crowd reaction
- a girl who sang Ellie Goulding's Love Me Like You Do, pretty good but seems like judges' houses bin material
- a girl who sang an Eva Cassidy track, pleasant but nothing more, see above
- a girl who sang a stripped back version of Sigma's Changing, rather good indeed!

It's a pretty strong category actually! Caitlyn, Gifty and Emily were my favourites but none are bad. A couple of good acts missed out too, although there was one DREADFUL girl who sang Meghan Trainor's Me Too :') then MNEK/Zara's Never Forget You when she asked to sing a better song lol. Other songs sang included Leona's version of Run, and Stop Crying Your Heart Out, plus some others that have escaped me.

Not sure on who's mentoring the other categories as it wasn't mentioned but we'll find out by the end of tomorrow via Twitter hopefully!

Dermot was there of course as well as Rylan Clark-Neal and Matt Edmondson who filmed some links for The Xtra Factor, seemed like there were a couple of other lads I didn't recognise filming stuff on stage too? Maybe some YouTubers filming a VT for Xtra Factor? No idea really laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 9 2016, 11:47 PM
Post #2
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Ooh didn't realise it was already 6 chair challenge, feels earlier this year than it was last year!

Joseph what songs were performed that you saw? (as in like good songs or songs likely to get a big boost, not every single song! and I'm not reading your above spoilers as don't want to know about the acts just yet!) heart.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 9 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #3
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

It's about 2 months earlier than last year! I think it was only late last year because it aired later due to the football interrupting XF's schedule laugh.gif

Songs performed that I remember:

Andra Day - Rise Up
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
Eva Cassidy - can't remember the name
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (twice laugh.gif)
Leona Lewis - Run (this specific version if it)
Meghan Trainor - Me Too
MNEK & Zara Larsson - Never Forget You
Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Sigma feat. Paloma Faith - Changing

EDIT: Also remembered that Almost Is Never Enough by Ariana Grande/Nathan Sykes was performed! As well as Amazing Grace.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 10 2016, 01:03 AM
Post #4
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

ADORE Andra Day - Rise Up (literally just listened to it)! Really hope that will boost the song. Such a beautiful song! I can see it getting a huge boost depending on whether the public take to that contestant more than the other girls. YAY for an inspired choice though and for getting me to actually YT a song. Really pleased about Simon having the girls too!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 10 2016, 01:45 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I'm so pleased Emily is back, she was one of my favourites the first time she tried for this!

I'm off to the evening session tomorrow/later today so will be able to give you a few more details about what happens there.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 10 2016, 01:46 AM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Omg not Emily :/ Great to see Gifty having another chance though!!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 11 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

So I was at the evening session yesterday which was Nicole and the Boys, we were running around 3-4 hours behind schedule so finished at 12.30am, and the remaining 4 boys were carried over to today! :')

When the session ended there were only 5 in chairs, Nicole was being very ruthless! She made a couple of mistakes for me (mainly a 16 year old who sang a very obscure rock song called 'Cuddly Toy' and also the guy that sang 'Lush Life' who had a quirky tone but then sang an original song too which sealed his fate in a bad way) but I definitely didn't see a winner. Can't remember all the song choices but the ones that excited me (and will therefore be most exciting to you I guess) were:

Zara Larsson - Lush Life
Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
Johnny Cash/Leona Lewis - Hurt (he specified which version but I didn't hear what he said)
Nicole Scherzinger - Run

When the guy who sung Run said he was doing so, Nicole commented "Wow, I didn't know anyone knew that one"! heehee.gif For me it was the standout performance, and the crowd gave one of their biggest reactions to it as well - the arena was very quiet during the performance so I thought the "unknown" song was going to make it not go down very well but there was an eruption of applause at the end. I can't see the guy going through to the live shows as he didn't quite have that something, but he was the strongest one for me and was one of the 5 on a chair at the end of the session. Simon also made a joke about Lewis Hamilton at this point with the subject of 'Run' kink.gif

Nicole had an obsession with getting 80% of the boys to sing 30 seconds of another song a capella which only ended up working in the favour of one or two! Don't know if other judges have been doing this too.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 27 2016, 09:18 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

So Caitlyn Vanbeck - considered to be the Louisa Johnson of this year according to Digital Spy Forums - is performing Kelly's Piece By Piece tonight (presumably the Idol version). Very intrigued to see it and also to see if it can have an iTunes impact!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Aug 27 2016, 08:25 PM
Post #9
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I am SCREAMING at Emily Middlemass being back!

A girl I used to work with went to school with her and came 2nd to Emily in a talent show because Emily performed Set Fire To The Rain while dancing. I am legit screaming laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 27 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #10
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

so i'm guessing saara aalto will be a veto now

mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 27 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

http://wiwibloggs.com/2016/08/27/finlands-...udition/149286/

Saara auditions tomorrow ohmy.gif She should be good, she's already come 2nd on Finland's version of The Voice and was a fan favourite in Finland's Eurovision selection earlier this year and came 2nd there too.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Aug 27 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #12
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

can she do you had my heart bc that slays me

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 28 2016, 02:50 AM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!

She's singing Chandelier *.*

We're also "treated" to Emily bloody Middlemass again, god she was SO overrated the last time drama.gif Hopefully she's improved.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 10 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

Some of the judges' houses guests and locations have been revealed!

Nicole/Calvin Harris in France
Louis/Alesha Dixon in Ibiza

Simon's is rumoured to be Cheryl in America, and Sharon hasn't been revealed yet. Nicole's JH was just filmed this week and Louis has filmed already.

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 10 2016, 06:24 PM
Post #15
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Calvin Harris OMG *.* what a great choice.

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Sep 10 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 10 2016, 07:22 PM) *
Some of the judges' houses guests and locations have been revealed!

Nicole/Calvin Harris in France
Louis/Alesha Dixon in Ibiza

Simon's is rumoured to be Cheryl in America, and Sharon hasn't been revealed yet. Nicole's JH was just filmed this week and Louis has filmed already.
I read somewhere that Louis had both Fleur East and Alesha Dixon with him at Judges Houses ? Although that could be wrong.

+Quote Post
kye
post Sep 10 2016, 10:31 PM
Post #17
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

Nicole said she is working on music, with a single to come out during the lives.. If she's been working with Calvin Harris!! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Charlie345
post Sep 12 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #18
New Entry
Member No.: 23,594
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jul 11 2016, 10:47 PM) *
So I was at the evening session yesterday which was Nicole and the Boys, we were running around 3-4 hours behind schedule so finished at 12.30am, and the remaining 4 boys were carried over to today! :')

When the session ended there were only 5 in chairs, Nicole was being very ruthless! She made a couple of mistakes for me (mainly a 16 year old who sang a very obscure rock song called 'Cuddly Toy' and also the guy that sang 'Lush Life' who had a quirky tone but then sang an original song too which sealed his fate in a bad way) but I definitely didn't see a winner. Can't remember all the song choices but the ones that excited me (and will therefore be most exciting to you I guess) were:

Zara Larsson - Lush Life
Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
Johnny Cash/Leona Lewis - Hurt (he specified which version but I didn't hear what he said)
Nicole Scherzinger - Run

When the guy who sung Run said he was doing so, Nicole commented "Wow, I didn't know anyone knew that one"! heehee.gif For me it was the standout performance, and the crowd gave one of their biggest reactions to it as well - the arena was very quiet during the performance so I thought the "unknown" song was going to make it not go down very well but there was an eruption of applause at the end. I can't see the guy going through to the live shows as he didn't quite have that something, but he was the strongest one for me and was one of the 5 on a chair at the end of the session. Simon also made a joke about Lewis Hamilton at this point with the subject of 'Run' kink.gif

Nicole had an obsession with getting 80% of the boys to sing 30 seconds of another song a capella which only ended up working in the favour of one or two! Don't know if other judges have been doing this too.

Ryan was Matt Terry the guy who sang Run? You'll find him straight away on Youtube (I'm a newbie so can't post links until 20 posts).
Thanks.

This post has been edited by Charlie345: Sep 12 2016, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 12 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

It wasn't Matt, I believe it was Niall Sexton - the Irish guy who sang Sara Bareilles' Gravity last weekend. I think they mentioned that he sung Gravity when talking to him at the 6 chair and I remember thinking that its nice that he's been singing some inspired choices in that and Run!

+Quote Post
Charlie345
post Sep 13 2016, 05:16 AM
Post #20
New Entry
Member No.: 23,594
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks Ryan. It’s interesting that you say you can’t see him going through to the lives as I’m pretty sure he doesn’t. To my knowledge the 3 going through are Matt Terry, Freddy Parker and Ryan Lawrie (who was a wildcard). I’ve been more impressed by the girls this year.
Reason for edit: Too big a spoiler to leave unmarked!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:35 PM