BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> So you want to be a BJSC Moderator?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Sep 9 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Hello everyone!

For the first time in 2 years we find ourselves back here looking for staff. BJSCMods 1297512.0 had a pretty impressive run. Sugababes 4.0 could never. (link to the Sugababes AF is in my signature, come visit us and join the waiting and chat!)

So what do we expect you to do if you join our team? Well it's simple really!

- Actively participate in the BJSC Veto Process.
- Be happy communicating with hosts on dates and veto decisions.
- Participating in all mod forum discussions covering a diverse area from rule updates to new features and mod hosted contests.
- Respecting the confidentiality of the mod forum, AT ALL TIMES.
- From time to time the appointee may be required to update essential resources
- Working with the other BJSC mods as part of a team.
- Taking the lead in mod discussions on scheduling spin-offs and suggesting hosts.
- Being the point of contact for spin-off hosts.

If you would like to join one of the best and most effective mod teams, with probably one of the highest degrees of freedom, on the forum then you're gonna need to PM me (5 Silas Frøkner) to tell me why we should pick you.

Just like last time, no form to fill out & no questions. You have as many characters as you can send in a PM to convince us that we should pick you. Please send your plea by 23:59 Tuesday, we have a contest and 10th anniversary to organise the shit out of!

Much Love,

Your BJSC moderating team. xo
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post Sep 9 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
I won't be applying but if I may add my two cents, it would be really nice to see a more regular spin-off schedule with an emphasis on public opinion for future spin off ideas, and I hope whoever gets the role (good luck to y'all) focuses on the spin-off forum just as Ryan made a big effort with when he was appointed. I get that spin-offs aren't really the focus at this moment with preparations for the mystery 10th anniversary event going on but we haven't had a spin-off for three months, and despite significant demand for Worldvision III that seems to have been put off until next year.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 9 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Event? Lol, sweetie no. EventS.

We're 10 years old. Going all out for this shit.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 9 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
I *may* have been interested in applying, due to a renewed interest in BJSC, but obviously what chance do I have when other moderator applications I've sent in the past don't even get acknowledged. Plus, anything I've ever suggested on this forum either gets ignored or scoffed at, so I can't see why any of the global mods would ever pick me to help out on this forum despite my obvious eagerness to work along with the existing mod team.

Good luck to whoever gets picked for this role, and I'll add too that whilst I didn't fully get to see Ryan in action in the time I was involved, but thanks for what you did in your time as BJSC moderator.

This post has been edited by ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ: Sep 9 2017, 10:35 PM

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 9 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Yeah the GMs don't pick BJSC mods, they just approve our pick. Last application round I think was the one where I gave everyone feedback (I don't have the time to do that this time)

Just because you didn't get a response doesn't mean it wasn't considered. We consider every application on it's merits.

Not sure where this random outburst is coming from, but it's so far off the mark. We run a great applications process here and enjoy a much larger degree of freedom than the rest of the main forums in this regard. The people that really matter are the 4 BJSC mods the applicant would be working with.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 9 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I think Awardinary or Lee Wallace should get the job, or Brer/ Iz

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 9 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(ⓐⓦⓐⓡ^ @ Sep 9 2017, 11:34 PM) *
I *may* have been interested in applying, due to a renewed interest in BJSC, but obviously what chance do I have when other moderator applications I've sent in the past don't even get acknowledged. Plus, anything I've ever suggested on this forum either gets ignored or scoffed at, so I can't see why any of the global mods would ever pick me to help out on this forum despite my obvious eagerness to work along with the existing mod team.

Good luck to whoever gets picked for this role, and I'll add too that whilst I didn't fully get to see Ryan in action in the time I was involved, but thanks for what you did in your time as BJSC moderator.

We try to acknowledge every application made for a moderator position. At the least we normally say thank you to all applicants so I'm sorry if any of the positions you've applied for felt like that.

BJSC is easily our most autonomous forum (not counting AFs as I can't keep track of those), so go right ahead and apply if you're interested, it will be a completely different application process to any other on the board.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 9 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
In all fairness, I can admit that I don't have enough experience within BJSC to apply, and I'm quite happy just being a regular participant whenever I can be. I'd rather see someone fill the role whose had more experience within BJSC and can bring new ideas to the table. I'm sure many would be suitable, and I definitely look forward to seeing whose brought in.

Thanks too for the brief comments Silas and Iz, but this is one application process I'm sitting out. sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Sep 9 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Good luck Wardy! And hey if you don't get it I'm sure you're qualified for Retro or Dance one day tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 9 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
If you had asked me this at the start of the year I would have been like HELL YES!!!1 Because everyone knows how much I love the spin-offs... But I am finding myself losing more and more interest in BJSC so will probably not be staying on past BJSC 100 so will not be applying.

Good luck to all applicants!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 9 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(MoistSummerFruit @ Sep 9 2017, 11:50 PM) *
I think Awardinary or Lee Wallace should get the job, or Brer/ Iz

In order:

- Can apply if he wants
- Permabanned so ineligible
- No comment
- Iz is a GM so not likely to apply and ask for the Shoat/Dandy precedent given he already has access and input. (which is mainly used when existing mods step up to GM anyway)

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Sep 9 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Brer isn't interested I don't think

Not sure if 'interested' is the right word but f*** it

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 9 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(SouthsideSpinner @ Sep 10 2017, 12:07 AM) *
Good luck Wardy! And hey if you don't get it I'm sure you're qualified for Retro or Dance one day tongue.gif

Retro would interest me, but whilst I love dance music, I'd take my hat off to lewistgreen any day of the week! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Sep 9 2017, 11:35 PM
Post #14
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
Best of luck to all who apply! Big boots to fill biggrin.gif

Personally I'd love to see Bra getting this job, he's the perfect guy imo, brilliant with stats and hugely enthusiastic about the contest.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 9 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #15
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I'd pick either Bray, Oliver or Cody for the role

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 9 2017, 11:51 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon
This job is 1% stats max.

And in the next week it's about to get a lot lower

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Sep 10 2017, 07:58 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Sep 10 2017, 12:51 AM) *
This job is 1% stats max.

That's because Bray does them all. kink.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Sep 10 2017, 09:22 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Also... if anyone is thinking about this, I remember considering the BJSC form one of the best on site in terms of mod and activity structure - it's the closest I think the site gets to an experience that would actually help you with skills in the real world so I'd recommend applying.

+Quote this post
Harve
post Sep 10 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Sep 10 2017, 12:08 AM) *
In order:

- Permabanned so ineligible

What drama did I miss

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Sep 10 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
This is very tempting thinking.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:22 PM