BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What Girls Aloud/solo song are you listening to?, Discuss!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 23rd April 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Post what Girls Aloud (group or solo) song you're listening to now along with a sentence or two about it to create some discussion! biggrin.gif

I've currently got Ghetto Baby on, only really clicked with me recently but gosh this is SUBLIME. A Million Lights is easily Cheryl's best album, only a couple of tracks I'm not fussed on (Craziest Things and Girl In The Mirror).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post 24th April 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'm just constantly listening to The Show. It's always been my favourite Girls Aloud song and I think it's far superior to Love Machine, which is the preferred song of that era. I think it's also my most listened to song on iTunes EVER! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th April 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #3
Group icon

The Show is an absolutely fantastic pop song, quite different to what we normally hear in the charts I think, and that works in its favour. Easily in my top 5 GA songs heart.gif

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 24th April 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

Love Machine and The Show are overrated. Especially the former. Wake Me Up is, by far, the best "Neighbours" single.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 24th April 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #5
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

QUOTE(Jamesy @ Apr 24 2014, 02:03 PM) *
Love Machine and The Show are overrated. Especially the former. Wake Me Up is, by far, the best "Neighbours" single.

This.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th April 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I really never got into The Show either. It is like an 8/10 but it's towards the bottom of their singles for me. Love Machine is incredible though ofc.

Ghetto Baby wub.gif Best song on A Million Lights imo, but it did take ages to grow on me.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th April 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(Jamesy @ Apr 24 2014, 02:03 PM) *

This couldn't be more wrong. cry.gif Wake Me Up is my least fave I think (still a good 9/10 though, fabulous song). Ooh this has given me a good idea for a thread actually
~

+Quote this post
Mike Sugafan
post 1st May 2014, 05:54 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 945

Rain On Me. For me it's the best song from "3 Words". wub.gif Should've been a single, tho biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 14th June 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #9
Group icon

Fight For This Love

Easily in my top 2 Cheryl songs, along with Call My Name. Such a brilliant lead single for her, totally deserves its million seller status.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 9th August 2014, 01:27 AM
Post #10
Group icon

Watch Me Go

How this was seen as less single-worthy than See The Day makes me sad sad.gif Sarah slays of course with "I know what you're thinking, you've been thinking bout my butt" *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th August 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I've had their 'Sound of.. Greatest Hits' album and 'Tangled Up' on this morning, the former was one of the first albums I ever bought!

'Biology' is on at the moment (about to go out so I'll just listen to the chart tomorrow) and it's such an unoriginal comment for it but WOW it's still incredible that it's basically three songs in one, so so good wub.gif

This post has been edited by Jade: 24th August 2014, 03:26 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th August 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Biology is pretty incredible, all of their singles still sound so fresh right now I think wub.gif In comparison, I'm already finding some early Sats songs a bit dated kink.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 24th August 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Jade you have fabulous taste. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th August 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Aw thank you Adam haha, likewise heart.gif

& Joseph I totally agree with you there - it all still sounds brilliant even today, the production too - 'Sound of The Underground' is nearly 12 years old now (wow!!) and still sounds fresh even now! I pretty much adore every single one of their singles, 'The Loving Kind' and 'Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me' being the only ones I'm not too keen on, which is pretty great considering how many singles they've released.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th August 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #15
Group icon

See the Day is the only one I'm not really fussed by, so I love 22 out of 23 singles, which is incredible! I still listen to their songs so much now, without a doubt my favourite music act. Tangled Up is like, the perfect pop album also.

Currently listening to Crazy Stupid Love, not even beginning to tire of this yet ohmy.gif Enjoying it for far longer than I thought I would. Gets too much slack imo. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th August 2014, 02:23 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ooh I see! I actually quite like 'See the Day', but they really do have such an amazing back catalogue! 'Tangled Up' is amazing, I remember receiving it for Christmas '07 and playing that over and over again as well as now 68 over the next few weeks laugh.gif

Ooh 'Crazy Stupid Love' has actually grown on me considerably due to it's catchiness! Speaking of Cheryl, I'm actually listening to her A Million Lights album right now for the first time! I actually asked for it for Christmas in 2012 but never got it! laugh.gif Quite enjoying it so far, very different from her first two - 'Ghetto Baby' and 'Screw You' are early favourites!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th August 2014, 02:31 AM
Post #17
Group icon

I think I also got Tangled Up for Xmas 2007! It's always been such a good album, so many highlights. The singles, Girl Overboard, Fling, Black Jacks.....

A Million Lights is by far the best Cheryl solo album! I go back to it all the time, a few duds (Craziest Things, Girl In The Mirror) but really high highs. I agree with the two you mentioned definitely wub.gif Although as far as GA solo albums go, I think Nicola wins the battle for me! Her solo album really was incredible.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th August 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Yay for Christmas '07 laugh.gif That and Now 68 meant that I had two S..NNN!'s to listen to laugh.gif I was (and still am!) in love with that song though! YES such an excellent album from start to finish, I also adore 'Black Jacks' too!

Yes I actually really enjoyed 'A Million Lights' so I think I may purchase it when shopping on Saturday, better late than never! laugh.gif I think I probably prefer '3 Words' but I already find it better than 'Messy Little Raindrops'! Yes Nicola's was very acclaimed, I need to give it a listen! I really liked 'Beat of My Drum' from her and I dismissed the other two singles after only one listen a few years ago, oops laugh.gif So I think I need to give 'Cinderella Eyes' a proper listen one of these days!

This post has been edited by Jade: 25th August 2014, 07:07 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th August 2014, 07:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon

A Million Lights should not be her lowest selling album, it's way too good for that sad.gif Although I'm glad it missed #1 cause Believe by Justin Bieber is still better imo kink.gif

Cinderella's Eyes is one of my favourite albums, never expected her to make such a good album! Really really glad she made one, hopefully she'll do another one. My favourite tracks, singles aside, are Take a Bite, I, Sticks + Stones and the title track biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th August 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Alone and wounded

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Aug 25 2014, 08:49 PM) *
A Million Lights should not be her lowest selling album, it's way too good for that sad.gif Although I'm glad it missed #1 cause Believe by Justin Bieber is still better imo kink.gif

Cinderella's Eyes is one of my favourite albums, never expected her to make such a good album! Really really glad she made one, hopefully she'll do another one. My favourite tracks, singles aside, are Take a Bite, I, Sticks + Stones and the title track biggrin.gif

I know right? I really am quite getting into it right now! Oh I've never listened to Believe but do quite like 'As Long As You Love Me'. laugh.gif

Ooh sounds good, I'll definitely need to Spotify it tonight I think, I only know Cheryl's albums, Insayshabul (kink.gif), the singles off Nicola's and 'Like U Like' plus a couple of other Kimberley songs, so I need to venture out into a bit more of their solo stuff for sure!

This post has been edited by Jade: 25th August 2014, 10:58 PM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:29 AM