BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Tori Kelly - Nobody Love, 1st single | early 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 30th December 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

American singer-songwriter, Youtube sensation and rising star Tori Kelly has had a great year, a year where his music and her talent has been enjoyed around the world.

She has duly promoted her second EP “Foreword“, and has collaborated on Professor Green’s smash single “Lullaby“. Besides, she also signed a big record deal with Capitol Records and has joined the group of pop stars promoted by Scooter Braun.

Kelly is currently working on her highly-anticipated major debut studio album, scheduled to be released in 2015 and the first single is coming sooner than you think.

USA Today confirmed that the lead single is produced by Max Martin and will be released early next year. So we must be ready!

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/tori-kell...-by-max-martin/

VERY excited for this, Max Martin is a promising name and her vocals on Lullaby were absolutely GORGEOUS. Foreword was a lovely EP too so excited for her album!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 30th December 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Feel like I have been waiting for this moment for so long. Tori to absolutely annihilate the competition in 2015? I really do hope so. One of the most talented singers out there wub.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 31st December 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

She was the best thing about that Pro Green track so I'm looking forward to this biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 31st December 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #4
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Davidson @ Dec 30 2014, 11:54 PM) *
Feel like I have been waiting for this moment for so long. Tori to absolutely annihilate the competition in 2015? I really do hope so. One of the most talented singers out there wub.gif

All of this.

Everything prior to 'Lullaby' has been amazing, so looking forward to hearing more wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 31st December 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

She's got so much talent and so much potential, it really feels like she could easily blow up and Max Martin certainly won't harm her chances!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 21st January 2015, 02:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Snippet of first single, Nobody Love:

Sounding a lot different to how I expected it, interested to hear the full thing ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
jakee
post 24th January 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #7
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

Kelly co-wrote “Nobody Love” alongside Rickard Goransson and Max Martin, the Swedish songwriter and producer who has ruled the Billboard Hot 100 for over a decade with a string of No. 1 singles for Britney Spears, Katy Perry, P!nk, and Taylor Swift, to name a few. “When I went in to work with Max, the first thing he said was, ‘I want to make the song that you want.’ He wasn’t trying to force-feed me anything. It was very collaborative. He asked me what I thought about every single decision. That’s why so many artists like working with him, because he really pulls out your style and polishes it up and makes it easy for people to digest.”

Martin serves as executive producer on Kelly’s upcoming full-length debut album, which Capitol Records will release this spring. She also co-wrote with such vets as Savan Kotecha, Toby Gad, Claude Kelly, Chuck Harmony, Wolf Cousins, and Ed Sheeran, whose show at Madison Square Garden Kelly opened in November 2013. The album, she says, does not depart from her soulful roots. “And I’m not moving into just pop songs. It’s like a marriage between that soulful urban thing and a mainstream pop vibe. It was hard to get to that place, but once we had ‘Nobody Love,’ I knew we’d cracked the code. It felt seamless.

<...>

Over the past year and a half, Kelly has sold out shows in several major cities (including The Troubadour and The Roxy in Los Angeles, the Bowery Ballroom and Gramercy Theatre in New York City, and Bush Hall in London), headlined a nine-city sold-out U.S. tour, and supported Jewel, Ed Sheeran, and Sam Smith on tour. She began working on the songs for her new album after wrapping up her performance schedule and is excited for fans to hear “Nobody Love,” which she describes as a “breath of fresh air to sing.” “The song is about how everyone is always on the run, looking for that next thing,” she says. “We’re always trying to find something better. For me, the song is saying to someone that we have something that’s not going anywhere and it’s nice not to have to go running around looking for that love. Some people might not pick up on that, but when I perform the song, I channel those types of feelings.”

“I’m excited to perform again,” she adds. “I really miss it. I’ve been in a cave writing, and sometimes I forget how to interact with people because I’ve been in studio-land. I’m excited to get out and play for people. That’s always the dream.”

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th January 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #8
Group icon

Artwork:

Really excited to hear this now!!

+Quote this post
jakee
post 24th January 2015, 05:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

she looks like someone and i can't place who

i'm currently thinking rita ora in a wig but that isn't correct ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 24th January 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

More like a young Gwen Stefani to me...

Also see a bit of Shakira there too.

This post has been edited by Dobbo: 24th January 2015, 05:17 PM

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 24th January 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #11
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

A younger Shakira?

I know what you mean and it's annoying me too now!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th January 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #12
Group icon

New snippet: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152654269388603

Sounding FANTASTIC in that clip! Apparently out February 8th on iTunes ohmy.gif So soon!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st February 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad

Final artwork:

SO excited for this! She looks stunning there wub.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st February 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Oh I think I preferred the original artwork Just a week to go until it's apparently released?!?! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st February 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
nabad

The placeholder one looks really cheap. laugh.gif Hopefully it is just a week to go *.*

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 2nd February 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Rob aah

I hope she can get another hit on her own because this is sounding superb from those clips. Automatically better than any of the youtube songs she's done which never sparked my interest. 'Lullaby' is still a gem though wub.gif and she's stunning on that artwork too.

This post has been edited by Rob S: 2nd February 2015, 11:39 AM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th February 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #17
Group icon

Kinda getting Problem vibes there, especially with the chorus! LOVE LOVE LOVE, this is exactly what I wanted from her wub.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 5th February 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #18
Group icon
nabad

This is AMAZING, definitely a huge step in the right direction for her! wub.gif 'Dear No One' and 'Paper Hearts' were both incredible, but this has blown them out the water! Praying the album is full of gems like this.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 5th February 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Rob aah

Oh wow getting Christina Millian vibes from this. That high run she does nearer the end is just *.* insane! Not sure it'll do much chart wise but I think it's a very promising 1st single. I do get the Problem comparison too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's produced by the same person.

turns out it is Max Martin. Might be slow on realising lol. I didn't read the opening post haha whoops!

This post has been edited by Rob S: 5th February 2015, 12:53 PM

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 5th February 2015, 12:59 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Yes Tori. Her vocals are just incredible. Love this so much on first listen.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:20 AM