BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How do you listen to the songs of the BJSC?, How does one acquaint themselves with the entries of the contest?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
What method do you use?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
calxyum
post 17th September 2023, 09:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

I myself usually listen to the songs in the listen-through session, and then will play them all once again on Apple Music just before voting, how do you usually listen to the tracks in the contest?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Riser
post 17th September 2023, 11:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

I wish it was multiple choice - On my laptop I prefer the YouTube playlist but on my desktop I prefer the Spotify playlist!

+Quote this post
Travis
post 18th September 2023, 12:52 AM
Post #3
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

Youtube playlist and listen throughs! Would use Apple Music playlists if they were made more often!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 18th September 2023, 08:07 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Spotify mostly and the listenthroughs when I can make it along.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 18th September 2023, 08:09 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Youtube, videos sometimes impact a song positively and watching stops my mind from wandering on marathon-length entries where nothing much of musical variation is going on for a couple of minutes and I get tempted to start flicking through my mobile notifications teresa.gif Plus, I have no idea who has sent what, so all potential bias and expectation is removed.... dance.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 18th September 2023, 08:26 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Listenthroughs or a listen through on Apple music for first, and then further listens on Apple Music for songs I think I could potentially vote for either starting or ending with my initial favourite depending on how I feel, adjusting the order as I go through that second listen.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 18th September 2023, 08:27 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Listenthroughs

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th September 2023, 08:51 AM
Post #8
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Sep 18 2023, 09:07 AM) *

exactly same

+Quote this post
Brer
post 18th September 2023, 10:45 AM
Post #9
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I like to have my first listen be at the listenthroughs when possible then do a second listen with the YouTube playlist if I have time / can be bothered. I have used the Spotify playlist instead a couple of times but I do prefer YouTube for the visuals + leaving thumbs up on the songs I like x

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 18th September 2023, 11:32 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Listenthroughts if I can make it, Apple Music otherwise or in addition.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 18th September 2023, 11:36 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

Always try and attend a listenthrough but I always make use of Dan’s monthly Spotify playlists too! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 18th September 2023, 12:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Sep 18 2023, 09:07 AM) *

This. I also make sure I do it anonymously which… leads to some interesting results sometimes!

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 18th September 2023, 03:03 PM
Post #13
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

TAPS AFF, headphones ON and a glass of red in my hand.

What? Oh.. well generally it's Spotify for initial listen while doing other stuff like cooking or whatever and then noting what songs stand out to pay more attention to when I watch them through later on my desktop on YouTube, so I don't have much clue who sent what, or what's going on in general. The ones that get 7/10 from my ranking after this then go on a playlist to listen more which is to help rank the final order and knock out the ones I sadly can't vote for. If there's less than 10 (15 in the final) tracks then I have to go to the 6/10s and so on, sometimes I even have to resort to including a Persephonia track.. that's when u know it's been a v barren month (jokes) xx

Wait - so does nobody watch the videos anymore then? Aw, I quite enjoy putting together the promo videos for songs I send that don't have one? 😞

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th September 2023, 04:11 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Youtube playlist & apple music whenever some kind soul like Jacob does it. Sometimes I join the listen through but I prefer to listen alone first so I get a sense of what I like without being potentially influenced by those on the session.

I'll usually do my first youtube listen through without looking who sent what too as I try not to let that influence me too much either - even though I do tend to end up liking songs by the same countries tbh

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 18th September 2023, 04:18 PM
Post #15
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Usually the Listenthrough as I just don't have a lot of time to give much more with so many songs and a short deadline. But I do make sure to give a second listen to my big favourite or to split some songs that are close in points.

If I can't make it, I prefer to use/convert to Apple Music (which I've added to the poll as I'm not having this racism to the superior streaming platform x) to give a listen while out and about. I occasionally use the YouTube playlist by myself, but it's pretty easy to get bored sitting through that many songs not moving x

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 18th September 2023, 04:57 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I ticked 'other' as I do all three. I watch the youtube videos for some of the songs on my own and then the rest on the synctube listenthrough. How much of each I do depends on how early or late in the week the listenthrough happens and where my own song is in the running order as I like to be there for the reaction to my song.

I will then listen to my top 10 in order from the Spotify playlist and change the order if some of those songs sound better on a second listen. I'll play a few of the songs just outside my top 10 as well to see if they might replace anything.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 18th September 2023, 05:13 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

Also, another “other” concept that I appreciate when it is included sometimes is a short video with short clips of all the entries, it’s a quick way to preview and skim over them to know what to expect when I listen to them in full. I just used the Spotify feature of the playlist to play samples from each song in my semi just know to see what types of sounds I’m surrounded by this time.

Example below;
QUOTE(uhsting @ Feb 16 2023, 10:32 PM) *

The time and effort that went into this by uhsting (and Roba) was first class content at the time! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 19th September 2023, 02:07 AM
Post #18
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Sep 18 2023, 04:03 PM) *
Wait - so does nobody watch the videos anymore then? Aw, I quite enjoy putting together the promo videos for songs I send that don't have one? 😞

They do get played at the listenthroughs! (sometimes, when I remember to swap out the one from the YouTube playlist ddd)

The one you made for 'DO YOU EVEN BLISS ?' needs to be made canon tbh

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 19th September 2023, 01:31 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Pretty much only Spotify. First listen is all the tracks in order, second listen is all the tracks shuffled and I highlight ones I liked. Then usually a third and final listen to gauge the final ranking.

Never use YouTube anymore as previously I've been guilty of boosting a song because of the video but it's the Buzzjack SONG contest for a reason. For those rare entries that aren't on Spotify I listen to them on YouTube with my phone screen off.

I did enjoy the select few listenthroughs I attended in the past but never have the time these days.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th September 2023, 02:04 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Voted other as I listen via Youtube/Spotify mostly and then every now and then also listen via the listenthrough!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:51 PM