BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What moment made you fall in love with Beyoncé?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 22nd August 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

She's been a big star for decades now and pretty much everyone on the planet is a fan of Beyoncé but when did you first start stanning for her? Have you been loving her since her Destiny's Child days or did it take you until her re-invention during the Beyoncé and Lemonade eras to finally come around to her?

Personally, I was about too young to appreciate her during Destiny's Child or even the DIL/B'Day eras and I didn't fully realise how brilliant she was until I was given Sasha Fierce for Christmas and didn't stop playing it for about a year. I remember being completely floored every time I saw the Sweet Dreams or Single Ladies videos on TV. I wasn't as keen on the 4 era but I'd say I've loved her more than ever during these last two eras. She's probably my second favourite artist around now, she's definitely better as the albums go on in my opinion wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 22nd August 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

For me I always liked her in Destiny's child but I didn't love her until Crazy In Love that is the first moment and song that made me love her as an artist.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 23rd August 2017, 05:47 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

Since Destiny's Child (specifically The Writing's on the Wall and the song Bug A Boo).

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 27th August 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

I only really took notice of her during Lemonade. I loved the Sasha Fierce singles - especially Sweet Dreams. I didn't really take notice of her during the self titled era for some reason - oops kink.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 29th August 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It was the Sasha Fierce era for me too, Josh. Obviously I knew and loved 'Crazy in Love' as a kid but I feel like that was the only Beyonce song I knew until Sasha Fierce (maybe 'Beautiful Liar' too but that could have been at a similar time). I remember being amazed by the amount of singles that kept coming from the album; I was very hit-and-miss with them though, with the likes of 'Diva', 'Ego' and 'Video Phone', even with Lady Gaga, not appealing to me at all at the time. The four big ones from the album were just incredible. I always used to watch the music channels back then and those four were always on - I think 'Sweet Dreams' was my favourite video. Listening to 'Halo' now always takes me back being an innocent, care-free 11/12 year old.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 12:35 PM