BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Taylor turn it around?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Brightest Blue
post Feb 8 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

It’s clear that she won’t have another hit this era. Not even Ed Sheeran or Future could help End Game.

Can she turn it around? What went so wrong this era? For me it was the release strategy.. it was all wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 8 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #2
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

If she can be bothered then yes. If she can't then I'm not too sure sad.gif

I really wouldn't be shocked if she took like a very long break after her tour though and returns in like 2022 back to her country style. I think it'll either be that or a more indie-sounding album in 2019/2020, I can't really see another pop record for a while if I'm honest. Though I think as long as the fanbase is still as strong as it is atm, then she'll be fine for a while!

Yeah I definitely agree its the release strategy + the lack of promo (as in performances, interviews, being in the public eye etc) that have ruined this era, its just been such a mess sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 8 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #3
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think she really cba with this era. I say let End Game run its course in the US, possibly put out another single in time for the tour and then ride it out there. Her continued "woe is me" attitude worked for the first three weeks but then milking that along with the convoluted release strategy internationally killed this era.

I'm not saying #TaylorSwiftIsOverParty but if this keeps up then might as well bring out the balloons.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 9 2018, 12:23 AM
Post #4
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I think her best option to get another hit atm is to release a single version of an album track featuring Kendrick (but probabaly not) to try and imitate the success of Bad Blood again. Maybe release a remix of something around March/April once End Game has officially floppped almost everywhere then go full throttle into a new single, she’s headlining the Big Weekend too isn’t she? If her label was smart they’d line up a release just in time for that huge promo slot. But as the last 6 months have shown us her label isn’t too bright...

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 9 2018, 02:52 AM
Post #5
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

The era is dead now, I can't believe just how badly they managed to mess this up.

I would definitely say this has buckled her, but like others have said she'll probably return to her more country roots after this.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Feb 9 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend

I do wonder if she’ll ever get a long running hit again. LWYMMD wasn’t that big despite it being a #1. Fell fast after a couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Feb 9 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #7
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I think a more accessible song with a better promo campaign would quite easily be a big hit for her. Let's not forget she had a long-running hit with I Don't Wanna Live Forever only a year ago (even if it was helped by the film), so the public are still there for her. Whilst it's not done as well as I'd have hoped, reputation hasn't totally bombed either. It's not beyond repair, the problem has been how awfully messy the single campaigns have been.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 9 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #8
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

The first single was really bad and just reinforced the snake image ... without owning it.

She needed to release End Game first I think, then Ready For It.

The album is trite, even worse than 1989. It's no surprise this happened.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Feb 9 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

1989 was her Teenage Dream/21/Sasha Fierce career defining campaign and the strategy and angle of this campaign just lost impact. As a casual listener nothing stood out after the over hyped up start of LWYMMD.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 9 2018, 08:53 PM
Post #10
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(CodyOfTheWoods @ Feb 8 2018, 10:59 PM) *
I don't think she really cba with this era. I say let End Game run its course in the US, possibly put out another single in time for the tour and then ride it out there. Her continued "woe is me" attitude worked for the first three weeks but then milking that along with the convoluted release strategy internationally killed this era.

I'm not saying #TaylorSwiftIsOverParty but if this keeps up then might as well bring out the balloons.

This

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Feb 9 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

Maybe not say reputation 37 times on each song on the next album?

+Quote Post
post Feb 12 2018, 09:42 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I think Reputation sold well off the back off 1989 and the string of hit singles and promo that produced (with drama helping the lead single sell in the first weeks). But unless she becomes a bit more visible for this campaign, I can see her next album campaign suffering majorly off the back of this era. She only really produced one hit and even then, despite going to #1 it had no where near the longevity of Blank Space or Shake It Off...

+Quote Post
tommie
post Feb 12 2018, 01:44 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Joe. @ Feb 12 2018, 10:42 AM) *
I think Reputation sold well off the back off 1989 and the string of hit singles and promo that produced (with drama helping the lead single sell in the first weeks). But unless she becomes a bit more visible for this campaign, I can see her next album campaign suffering majorly off the back of this era. She only really produced one hit and even then, despite going to #1 it had no where near the longevity of Blank Space or Shake It Off...

It's her Born This Way arr pirate.gif

It doesn't help that she's turning 30 next year, so she can't keep playing the whole "I'm just an itsy bitsy innocent girl being attacked by hatahs" image.

+Quote Post
post Feb 12 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 12 2018, 01:44 PM) *
It's her Born This Way arr pirate.gif

It doesn't help that she's turning 30 next year, so she can't keep playing the whole "I'm just an itsy bitsy innocent girl being attacked by hatahs" image.

At least Born This Way had the title track and Edge of Glory which were both really big hits (which helped Applause before she stated to fade), it doesn't look like Taylor will get near those highs with her singles from this era.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Feb 13 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend

She should do what Gaga did and release a stand-alone song like ‘The Cure’

That’s her only chance of a hit

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 13 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #16
Buffy/Charmed
   No Gallery Pics

Um, Born This Way was WAY bigger than this.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 14 2018, 02:23 AM
Post #17
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Born This Way had the title track, Edge Of Glory, You & I, Judas, and Marry The Night which were all successful around the world.

There’s comparisons to be drawn but unless Taylor does turn it around and get another hit or two (which End Game and Gorgeous should have been if they hadn’t screw it up soooo badly) then BTW will still be bigger

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 PM