BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Race Across the World, BBC Two | Mexico to Argentina
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Apr 14 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Five pairs embark on a race from London to Singapore. However, there is a catch, the pairs cannot take planes, must leave behind their smartphones and credit cards, and will not have access to the Internet. Provided only with the cash equivalent of their airfare from London to Singapore, they must find innovative ways to manage their budget and conduct their journey. If they run out of money, they must earn some more to continue the journey. The duos must also pass through five checkpoints along the way.

All episodes on BBC iPlayer now!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 14 2019, 11:36 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Has anyone managed to see this? Would really recommend, especially for any keen travellers! Such a great concept and it was SO good to get to see a lot more of the world through it, especially the Middle Eastern countries which don't really get the same limelight in the media as the European/Eastern Asian countries.

It was really special following all the pairs two, particularly Darren and Alex - who got the most out of everyone from the experience as it wasn't just about the race for them.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Apr 14 2019, 11:40 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
I've been obsessed with this and I don't know what I'll watch first thing tomorrow morning, it really was an excellent series and I'd highly recommend!

As someone who has a phobia of open water, when they were stuck on the Caspian Sea for five days on that old Soviet era ship did make me slightly, yet violently sick.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Apr 14 2019, 01:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
i caught part of ep 1 by accident and it looked pretty good so i'm defo gonna check the rest of this out from the above recc's

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Apr 14 2019, 01:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
I loved it, especially from Ep3 onwards when they travelled across Asia. Like you say it was lovely to see the somewhat estranged father and son begin to build their relationship back as they went on the journey, but I couldn't stand the two entrepreneurs, they said they were used to spending 8 hours working together every day but they treated each other horribly at times... they were pretty arrogant too. Oh and when one of the Yorkshire couple did their back in but later went on the lash that night in Krabi, that made me smile!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 14 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Yes I loved this! Was great fun to watch, good mix of characters. Obviously the producers did some heavy editing to make it look like there was a race in the end (I'm sure the winners won by about 5 hours, so it wasn't close at all really, although it was edited to look neck and neck). Great seeing the locations and thinking 'I've been there' and 'I travelled that way too'.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Apr 14 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I haven't finished the series yet, but it's been VERY good and a genius bit of television!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Oct 3 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I Drink Wine
As well as a second and third series, the BBC have also commissioned a celebrity series to air on BBC One!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Mar 8 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Series 2 starts tonight!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 8 2020, 10:12 AM
Post #10
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
So so excited!

Thought they might have been doing the same trip but it’s actually Mexico City to Argentina which is very interesting! Will be nice to explore lots of South America through the series.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Mar 8 2020, 09:05 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
That Uncle and Nephew seemed to have spent a quarter of their budget, getting nowhere fast and are now 24 hours behind 3rd an 4th place biggrin.gif

My one complaint is that I can't watch the series in one go sad.gif I saw the first series late last year and watched it in bulk... one a week isn't enough!!!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Mar 8 2020, 09:41 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I Drink Wine
Lmao I'm going Mexico to Brazil this Summer so very relevant choice of trip this time for me *.*

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 8 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Oh I like the sound of this - sounds like the show from years and years ago where teams of two were dropped off somewhere unknown to them around the world, had to figure out where they were and then get back to Trafalgar Square

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 15 2020, 11:41 AM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I'm really loving exploring South America so far, and seeing all the places you wouldn't normally get to see! It seems even tough than last year though, you're going to have a lot more communication difficulties and I read the political unrest meant they had to change a lot of the checkpoints whilst they were travelling and some countries they couldn't go through. Also, they don't seem to be getting much money back when they're doing their jobs!

In terms of the couples, it seems there might be more tensions than we saw last year eek

The celebrity version is currently postponed due to the coronavirus, I believe they were due to film shortly.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post Mar 19 2020, 09:56 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961
What a shame that couple lost most of their money and had to pull out after just two legs. I'm not sure if the money belt was stolen or just dropped somewhere. That chap never had the chance to set up his tent somewhere which is what he was looking forward to doing. The other four couples are all interesting so I'll keep watching to see what happens.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 21 2020, 09:11 AM
Post #16
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Ahhh gutted for that couple. It’s a shame production didn’t match the difference as it’s not as though they actually spent it. Shame to see a couple drop for no reason.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Mar 21 2020, 03:08 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Klaus @ Mar 21 2020, 09:11 AM) *
Ahhh gutted for that couple. It’s a shame production didn’t match the difference as it’s not as though they actually spent it. Shame to see a couple drop for no reason.

Yeah I was gutted and also a bit surprised;l but looking at their budget they really hacked at the little they had left.

When they were all going around sharing, I was half expecting the other couples to lend/ give then a few quid each - or as you say the production to step in and make up the difference.

I don't know how its going to work though; with 4 couples and still 7 more episodes to go. I'm guessing that they're wont be another couple eliminated now at all; unless they decide to just have 3 by the end

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Apr 26 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
Another amazing series, definitely one of the best TV shows around at the moment. A shame the current global situation will probably mean its a long time until the next one.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Apr 27 2020, 07:01 AM
Post #19
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
This sounds similar to The Amazing Race is that right? Except this has less room for manufacturing the storyline etc etc

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Apr 27 2020, 08:10 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I didn't want either of the two front teams winning really.

The uncle/ nephew were just dull and Jen was horrific for most of the race. Its a shame about Jo and Sam, but there strategy went out the window as soon as they started diverting all the time.

I wanted Dom and Lizzie to win in the end; she mellowed quite a lot by the end and they seemed to have the toughest race with Countries closing their borders and Dom's health scare.

I preferred the first series, but I think that may be because I watched that series in bulk. I still enjoyed this series though; winner aside

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: Apr 27 2020, 08:11 AM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:07 AM