BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | UK | Season 5 | Meet the Queens, 11th September 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post 11th September 2023, 04:42 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Switchin' It Up Like Nintendo
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I'm excited for Alexis St Pete and Cara Melle both names I have known for ages, excited for rest of the cast too! Given I atm live a introverted life and never been to a drag show ever yet. Shows like this are how I see drag talent in the uk wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 11th September 2023, 04:43 PM
Post #22
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I've seen a few of these before; Alexis, Tomara, Cara I've seen recorded performances of, and I'm aware of Kate Butch through her podcast.

They do all come across as a wee bit generic here but I think the hideous outfits most of them have on aren't helping. It's like the promo theme gets worse every year for UK, UK3 was already bad and they keep trying to limbo under it it feels like.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 11th September 2023, 07:53 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Oh, I leave quite an impression...
User: 7,117

SO, re: ten queens. There was meant to be 12. One pulled out last minute, and Crystal Lubrikunt has already been “Sherry Pie”d. Infact, to the extent they’ve edited her out of Meet The Queens. But how they’re going to edit her out of the episodes or just… have her appear on screen unmentioned is going to be weird to say the least.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th September 2023, 12:43 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Apparently they’ve edited her out entirely, not sure this is really much of a spoiler since she isn’t actually in the season, but she got booted for the allegations early on and I suppose given it happened during filming rather than after like US season 12, there is a lot more time to edit it. With Sherry, they had the entire season ready fo go and she was basically the hero and intended winner in the original edit!!

To be honest I think she might not appear at all, it would depend what the first challenges are. I’m sure they can just cut her entrance/runway and maybe zoom or have camera angles that don’t show her if there’s a group shot or she is standing next to someone, and there will maybe be a disclaimer prior to the episode if there any fleeting shots of her. I think it will be fine since they have had a long time to come up with some trickery so it won’t affect the season really.

I’m not really that excited for this season tbh, you kind of know exactly what you’re getting with Drag Race UK, the same few generic archetypes, with so many seasons of Drag Race I just find it hard to be excited about one that for me doesn’t have the spark that other franchises do, even though this is my country and my culture for some reason it’s usually UK that ends up making me feel a bit of fatigue over Drag Race.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 12th September 2023, 09:28 AM
Post #25
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(RobBot @ Sep 11 2023, 08:53 PM) *
SO, re: ten queens. There was meant to be 12. One pulled out last minute, and Crystal Lubrikunt has already been “Sherry Pie”d. Infact, to the extent they’ve edited her out of Meet The Queens. But how they’re going to edit her out of the episodes or just… have her appear on screen unmentioned is going to be weird to say the least.

Ahh interesting - hadn't heard about either of them laugh.gif

I guess it's good they've managed to deal with Crystal Lubrikunt prior to any Meet the Queens, promo, etc coming out. Like Liam says, I assume given they've had a fair amount of time to come up with how best to show (or not show) when the season airs, it shouldn't seem glaringly obvious there's someone there that shouldn't be.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 12th September 2023, 09:57 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

I'm predicting a Cara Melle and Ginger Johnson top two for this season.

Cara Melle is a massive name in London. Basically one of the best performers in the country - gives Tayce a run for her money as fiercest lip-syncer and has a cracking personality to match.

Ginger Johnson I can see already is being massively under-rated by fans. She has done a lot, been around for a long time, including having her own one-woman show in Southbank London. I think she definitely shouldn't be under-estimated as I have wanted her on Drag Race forever. A true comedy and performance queen.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 12th September 2023, 04:46 PM
Post #27
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Premiere officially confirmed for Thursday 28th September now!

+Quote this post
152chris
post 13th September 2023, 04:10 PM
Post #28
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

damn. tea on what actually happened ?

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2