BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Erotica @ 25 ● Survivor, FINAL RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Feb 15 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

I'll be your mistress tonight

AND DONE. Bowing out in second place is the title track and first single off the album: Erotica. Has a song ever perfectly opened an era quite like this? Taking the spoken word style of the rest of the album, and distorted RnB musically, the song is a sexualised, fantastical exploration of S&M featuring Madonna's alter-ego Dita. Blurring the boundaries between pain and pleasure, lust and love, sex and sexuality, the song is a trippy masterpiece of filthy seduction. Moreso than anything else, the song shows the bravery of Madonna as an artist - completely subverting what was expected of her and throwing it all out in glorious style, this is Madonna giving no f***s about what people think of her and completely dominating her sexuality and female identity.

The winner of this round, is perhaps the song that encapsulates the album least :') But, for me, it is the shining gem of the era. A song so drenched in ecstasy and orgasmic release that it is the pinnacle of erotica and an ejaculation of just the sort of sexual release she is aiming for throughout the album. The album's second single and a joyous, disco inspired jam, it roars out to listeners and remains one of her most loved and celebrated songs. A brilliant winner of this poll, for an album that isn't just about sex and filthy things, but about celebrating love and falling for that special someone.

Thanks to all that took part to commemorate 25 years of this seminal album, an album we all keep falling deeper and deeper in love with it seems!

I can't help falling in love

01. Deeper and Deeper
02. Erotica [6 votes | 60.00%]
03. Rain [6 votes | 60.00%]
04. Bad Girl [4 votes | 44.44%]
05. Thief of Hearts [5 votes | 62.50%]
06. Words [5 votes | 100%]
07. Where Life Begins [5 votes | 55.56%]
08. Waiting [3 votes | 42.86%]
09. Fever [4 votes | 44.44%]
10. In This Life [3 votes | 42.86%]
11. Bye Bye Baby [4 votes | 50.00%]
12. Why's It So Hard [5 votes | 55.56%]
13. Secret Garden [4 votes | 50.00%]
14. Did You Do It? [7 votes | 43.75%]
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 15 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
So happy with that winner (and runner up (and third place)).

I haven't always loved this album, but over time it continues to grab and gnaw at me and I keep discovering more and more about it that I enjoy. These two tracks in particular are sensational for totally different reasons wub.gif

Are you happy with the results?

+Quote this post
vibe
post Feb 16 2018, 09:49 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Great top 3

Amazing top 2

Deserving winner !!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 16 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Perfect winner. I liked it at the time and I think I actually love it even more these days.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 23 2018, 11:30 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Love those commentaries! wub.gif Two stellar singles, both completely poles apart in sound and style but united by the underlying theme of sexual emotion and desire. I completely agree that Erotica hasn't been an album I've always liked, but it too has worked its magic on me over time and now I'm an absolute fan. There's lots to discover as she explores different avenues and addresses various topics, from erotic, ecstatic highs to gut-wrenching lows. She quite literally bares her body and soul!

The results in full are pretty solid tbf! I'm so happy 'Bad Girl' made its way to #4.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:55 AM