BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nicola Roberts • Cinderella's Eyes, 1st album | 26th September 2011
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Sep 23 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #261
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

"I didn't mark the 5 years last year because with my own weirdness I wasn't in the place. But today is 6 years since I released Cinderella's eyes. Time flies when you're cocooning. When I listen to the record now all I can see is how much I was kicking out. Its bonkers! Opinion & taste is subjective but to me the vocal is over cooked, I pushed the mix till the engines almost blew (I still stand by the lyrics I wrote though 🔥lol) all because I think I was on a mission to push it as far as I could, maybe a rebellious thing, I don't know. It's a snap shot of what my environment had been, growing up in a girl band and making ruleless pop music with the girls for so long it was always going to be the product that came out first. I'm so proud of the album and what I created for that time. The thing I will always take with me with this record is how people reacted to it and how with sticks + stones in particular (which is actually hard for me to listen too), how they felt like they could relate to it. That's all you want from music and for that it's such a special moment in time for me. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZYsitaBq_q/?hl...aken-by=lilcola
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 6 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #262
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Re-visiting this. Maybe coz of The Masked Singer, maybe not ph34r.gif

08.0Beat Of My Drum
09.0Lucky Day
10.0 Yo-Yo
08.5 Cinderella's Eyes
08.0 Porcelian Heart
04.0 i
06.5 Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes
09.0 Say It Out Loud
07.5 Gladiator
08.0 Fish Out Of Water
08.5 Take A Bite
08.5 Sticks + Stones

A great album wub.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 15 2020, 07:39 AM
Post #263
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

WHY HAVE I ONLY JUST DISCOVERED THIS ALBUM.

PORCELAIN HEART AND THE TITLE TRACK omg.

An album!

+Quote Post
Lukuzz
post Jan 15 2020, 04:26 PM
Post #264
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,209

Porcelain Heart is perfection. She best have an album ready to go after the Masked singer

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Mar 7 2020, 02:57 PM
Post #265

Cinderella's Eyes re-entered at #42 in the download chart on 21st February, its third week in the Top 100! https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/album.../20200221/7003/ - its download chart run is: 13-99-out-42-out

The Greatest Showman soundtrack sold 175 downloads at #41, and Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix 1 soundtrack sold 165 downloads at #43, so Nicola therefore sold between those figures.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Mar 7 2020, 09:47 PM
Post #266
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Cinderella's Eyes is a cracking album it deserved a lot more success it's way superior to any of the other girls solo albums.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 11 2020, 01:20 AM
Post #267
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

It deserved to have been far bigger than what it was, if it was recorded by girls aloud it would have been huge.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Dec 19 2020, 07:33 PM
Post #268
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I really liked 'Lucky Day' at the time and still do, it deserved better in the UK chart.

+Quote Post
Chemistry
post Jun 2 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #269
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 106,588
   No Gallery Pics

"Beat of My Drum" is a song by British recording artist Nicola Roberts. It was released on 2 June 2011, by Polydor Records, as the lead single from Roberts' debut solo album, Cinderella's Eyes (2011). The song was simultaneously released with the on air on sale method, receiving no prior promotion.

Happy anniversary Beat Of My Drum cheer.gif
So strange to look back now; with this song being one of the first OA/OS releases. Don't think it was the best decision in the end, as I am sure it would have charted better with pre-orders and stuff, but oh well.

+Quote Post
One_For_Sorrow
post Jun 2 2021, 07:11 AM
Post #270
---
Member No.: 17,418
   No Gallery Pics

Wow 10 years, goes so fast.

I didn’t like this when it first came out but grew to really enjoy it.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jun 2 2021, 01:13 PM
Post #271
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

A 10th anniversary edition with extras would be nice, I'm still surprised Nicola hasnt released a follow up as despite not a huge sales success it was a big critical success.

+Quote Post
One_For_Sorrow
post Jun 2 2021, 09:37 PM
Post #272
---
Member No.: 17,418
   No Gallery Pics

I thought she would have released something after her win on The Masked Singer.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jun 3 2021, 09:06 AM
Post #273
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

Yeah, I really wish they hadn't done the OA/OS method with 'Beat of My Drum'. I really think that scuppered its chances and could have been way more successful otherwise. sad.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 3 2021, 10:04 AM
Post #274

I seriously cannot believe this was released 10 years ago sad.gif I still remember my huge excitement for the launch of her solo career, like it was yesterday... (Tbh I'm always feeling in denial that 2011 was 10 years ago, it just doesn't feel right!)

I can totally understand why this song is divisive, but for me it was instant love. It's such an in your face and a kind of weird bop - just perfect for a solo Girls Aloud member.

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jun 2 2021, 07:50 AM) *
Happy anniversary Beat Of My Drum cheer.gif
So strange to look back now; with this song being one of the first OA/OS releases. Don't think it was the best decision in the end, as I am sure it would have charted better with pre-orders and stuff, but oh well.

Nicola really walked so others could run re: on air/on sale cry.gif It was a huge risk to launch a brand new solo career with a method that hadn't yet been embraced by the public. To a lesser extent I think it started off The Saturdays' On You Radar era off on the wrong foot - I'm sure Notorious would have gone Top 5 had it been held back.

I'm going to go off on this tangent now, but honestly, that period of 2011-14ish was super frustrating as a UK fan of music. Having to wait weeks while other countries got it instantaneously... I was always yearning for the UK industry and consumers to catch up with the rest of the world, but we just never did so in the sales era... we needed streaming to fully bring about the change. Having said this, I do have contradictory feelings because I do have nostalgia for the physicals/download era and how the held back releases did help guarantee a string of Top 10s for many artists, something that is quite a rarity these days. As a listener I'm happy with instantaneous music, but it did lead to the charts becoming less enjoyable for me.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 3 2021, 10:18 AM
Post #275
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

10 years... its a shame she recorded more solo music but didn't bother releasing.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jun 3 2021, 11:33 AM
Post #276
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

This in my opinion was an amazing solo album and I wish she'd released more music. Nicola is without a doubt my fave member as well sad.gif

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jun 3 2021, 12:25 PM
Post #277
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 3 2021, 09:06 AM) *
Yeah, I really wish they hadn't done the OA/OS method with 'Beat of My Drum'. I really think that scuppered its chances and could have been way more successful otherwise. sad.gif

That would assume that Radio One (and other stations) would've been on board to play Beat of My Drum during the weeks leading up to it. You could also argue by releasing it OA/OS she took full advantage of the solo hype. Remember, none of the other three members whose first name didn't start with "C" had any luck with getting airplay for their projects. For all you know it could've also done way worse if they had waited five-six weeks before releasing it.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 4 2021, 10:37 AM
Post #278
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The oa/os theory is always such nonsense. The held back release for ‘lucky day’ did nothing. ‘Beat of my Drum’ was just a song that didn’t seem to click with the general public.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 4 2021, 10:38 AM
Post #279
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I just wish her & the label didn’t have the idea of her being the next big pop girl & had her as this indie-pop style singer that toured, didn’t really have hits but had a large enough audience

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Jun 4 2021, 10:45 AM
Post #280
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Jun 3 2021, 11:04 AM) *
I seriously cannot believe this was released 10 years ago sad.gif I still remember my huge excitement for the launch of her solo career, like it was yesterday... (Tbh I'm always feeling in denial that 2011 was 10 years ago, it just doesn't feel right!)

I can totally understand why this song is divisive, but for me it was instant love. It's such an in your face and a kind of weird bop - just perfect for a solo Girls Aloud member.
Nicola really walked so others could run re: on air/on sale cry.gif It was a huge risk to launch a brand new solo career with a method that hadn't yet been embraced by the public. To a lesser extent I think it started off The Saturdays' On You Radar era off on the wrong foot - I'm sure Notorious would have gone Top 5 had it been held back.

I'm going to go off on this tangent now, but honestly, that period of 2011-14ish was super frustrating as a UK fan of music. Having to wait weeks while other countries got it instantaneously... I was always yearning for the UK industry and consumers to catch up with the rest of the world, but we just never did so in the sales era... we needed streaming to fully bring about the change. Having said this, I do have contradictory feelings because I do have nostalgia for the physicals/download era and how the held back releases did help guarantee a string of Top 10s for many artists, something that is quite a rarity these days. As a listener I'm happy with instantaneous music, but it did lead to the charts becoming less enjoyable for me.

The Saturdays *

on that note, I think notorious would have got top 3 tbh, the way it had like 35k debut sad.gif double of mhto

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:54 PM