BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spotify Friend Activity, Help required
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 30th April 2022, 11:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Hello, I know this is the charts forum, but I also felt it would be the most direct area of the forum to get answers from people who use Spotify…

I’ve started to notice on my desktop application of Spotify that certain friends I follow, including many from the BuzzJack community, have disappeared from the friends list in the right hand column of the screen, showing what songs people are listening to. It used to display many more users but now more than half of the Spotify accounts I follow, including major artists and labels, do not display the “live” activity.

I’ve been searching online for comments from others who may experience this and all I see is that it is a known bug, but I’ve no idea how long it’s been in place.

To check if this affects you, go to Spotify, go to Profile and then scroll to Followers and see how many of the artist and friends who you follow actually appear in your friend activity.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st May 2022, 01:01 AM
Post #2
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I stopped appearing on the sidebar for other people a while ago and it turned out to be because there was a setting on my own account that had been switched to not share what I'm listening to, which I definitely didn't intentionally change myself.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 1st May 2022, 07:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

I still see everyone as before, including Awardinary wink.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 1st May 2022, 07:55 AM
Post #4
Group icon

QUOTE(Bjork @ May 1 2022, 08:41 AM) *
I still see everyone as before, including Awardinary wink.gif

I’ve never seen you appear in my side panel Bjork. I don’t even know if I follow you actually. laugh.gif

So is it something that members have to physically enable in order for it to appear in the friend activity list then? I know it’s not working properly because some friends I can see their listening activity on last.fm and they are playing something right now but it doesn’t show in Spotify that they are playing it.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 1st May 2022, 12:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

Yeah you need to enable it under the Social tab in Settings to share what you listen to smile.gif

I love using it to spy on people's choices kink.gif

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 1st May 2022, 12:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

Spotify have automatically turned off the 'Share my listening activity on Spotify' setting (in Preferences page) for users who have never changed that setting, I think. It was for "privacy" reasons. That means, sharing the last played track is off by default now.

This post has been edited by All★bySmashMouth: 1st May 2022, 12:46 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 1st May 2022, 07:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(All★bySmashMouth @ May 1 2022, 01:44 PM) *
Spotify have automatically turned off the 'Share my listening activity on Spotify' setting (in Preferences page) for users who have never changed that setting, I think. It was for "privacy" reasons. That means, sharing the last played track is off by default now.

Happened to mine as well!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 6th May 2022, 10:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon

Thanks to many for enabling this feature this week, it’s been great to periodically see what you are listening to and make discoveries too. happy.gif

If you’ve not yet done this, please consider it.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th May 2022, 10:18 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

So glad this was brought to the attention of the forum as I've noticed a lot more BuzzJack friends popping up again now, yay laugh.gif love seeing what people are listening to!

This is my Spotify if anyone wants to add as a friend: https://open.spotify.com/user/jadegagaolly?...63a8a5f17da4ec7

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th May 2022, 06:36 AM
Post #10
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

This also reminds me there’s now a blend feature where you can make a “blend” with up to ten friends that supposedly gives you recommendations based on your shared taste.

I’ll PM a couple of you to test it out.

+Quote this post
Mark.
post 7th May 2022, 12:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,928

Yes i noticed this too less people where appearing in the sidebar thanks for clearing it up

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:17 PM