BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Luxembourg (LSC) · Eurovision Song Contest 2024, Tali Golergant - Fighter
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 28th January 2024, 04:05 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 28 2024, 11:09 AM) *
Maybe she isn’t Noa Kirel level but dedicating your song to your brother in the IDF murdering Palestinians is not really a good look laugh.gif When there’s a genocide happening there really isn’t levels if you’re supporting it imo it’s really not the time for shouting our your brother in the thick of a genocide.

It's suspicious on her side, I missed the dedication, but I was concerned last night and am still at how online Eurofans saw that she was half-Israeli and suddenly made up narratives that's she's a Zionist and that the contest was rigged for her to win. We don't know what her brother does in the IDF apart from having to serve, we don't know if her support extends to anything more than concern for a sibling, we don't know if she's going to act like a second Israeli act or shun media at Eurovision.

She may well make statements in the coming months that definitively place her on the shit list, but I'm not ready to condemn someone for being from Israel, especially when any attack would be more of an individual nature than actually having some use behind it, like how banning Israel would be useful. Even if they were banned now, we'd probably now have the people calling for Israel's exclusion saying that she's acting as a proxy anyway and at that point it really is just them being anti-semitic - the Eurovision audience likely won't know about it and it wouldn't give Israel the soft power they're after.

I said much the same about the Russian member of Vesna last year - though far less likely that any given Russian supports what Russia is doing.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th February 2024, 10:34 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

After so long away from the competition it is a very average return.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 6th February 2024, 08:15 AM
Post #23
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Yeah, this is my least favourite of the entries chosen so far sadly. It's just so generic sad.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 6th February 2024, 03:05 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I actually really like this! I think I'd find it more generic if it was all in English, but the mixture of languages and certain choices of flow in the language stop this being completely run of the mill. That said, I expect there'll be a lot better to come and it's not the peak of pop girly entries, but I think it's a strong enough entry to make the final and it's well performed!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 2nd April 2024, 09:49 AM
Post #25
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Why did they switch off the reverb in the revamped version?? tearsmile.gif tearsmile.gif tearsmile.gif Especially the reverbed clap made this song so much more epic sad.gif It's now a 7/10 for me

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 08:23 PM