BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Riser Recaps 2018, DONE!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post 15th January 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #21
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Well this has died a death so here's the rest of the honorable mentions. I'll move on to the proper EOY countdown ASAP laugh.gif

Niall Horan "On The Loose"

Niall finished off a very solid album campaign, which I think we can agree has gone pretty spectacularly, with "On The Loose". When I first heard it I thought it was a deep house song along the lines of "Prayer In C"...not only was I wrong but it doesn't sound nearly as dated as that would. My next guess would've been John Mayer actually because it has that vibe too. According to Wiki Niall was actually channeling Fleetwood Mac for this song. Shows what I know!
Anyway, while the song wasn't a standout fave it was still a delight to hear and perfect to play in the car. Sadly, being a post-album single, it did not trouble the charts, although its airplay in the US was very respectable and comparable to how "Too Much To Ask" did. Niall did awesome getting four singles from his album in the first place. I think he's set himself up better than Harry or Zayn have for a successful second album, which I certainly wouldn't have predicted when the boys first went their separate ways.

Portugal. The Man "Live In The Moment"

If you like "Feel It Still" and haven't heard anything else from Portugal. The Man, you're missing out. They actually had a decade span of previous albums and singles which makes their out-of-the-blue smash hit even more remarkable. Actually "Feel It Still" just never did it for me, for whatever reason I never warmed to it despite usually loving the token rock hit of any given moment. Luckily, the other singles from Woodstock did not disappoint.
"Live In The Moment" is less of a subtle, catchy earworm and more of an alt-rock anthem, with the verses building up to a big chorus. It sounds ready-made for TV commercials, which sure enough Volkswagen took advantage of, and I'm sure it's been played at sporting events too. It's easily my favorite Portugal. The Man song now, admittedly helped by the fact it wasn't overplayed on radio. I'm interested to hear what they release next and if it can overcome their one-hit-wonder status. Stranger things have happened!

Travis Scott "Sicko Mode"

Now time for one of the absolute biggest growers of the year for me. "Sicko Mode" didn't grow enough to be in my top 60, unless I make some last-minute swaps, but I've sure done a complete 180 on it since my first listen. I think anyone could be forgiven for not "getting" it at first, considering how disjointed the song is, just a completely unconventional song structure and there's hardly a tune there to make up for it. But once it clicks it is damn good.
I guess 2018 will be considered Travis's breakthrough year despite the number of singles and features he's had before then. Prior to "Sicko Mode" I had only really liked him on "Know No Better" but hadn't heard anything bad by him either. He's properly talented but obviously won't appeal to everyone. Also this song is the only thing I enjoyed hearing from Drake this year. That was strange because I'm definitely usually a fan. This is the final recap before my actual EOY countdown so let's leave it at that!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 15th January 2019, 04:17 PM
Post #22
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

QUOTE(Riser @ Jan 11 2019, 03:00 AM) *
Migos "Stir Fry"

After several years I finally found a Migos song that's not only good, but pretty spectacular! It took some magic from Pharrell, or should I say a lot of magic because there's a LOT going on here. And the production is by far the highlight here, an incredible array of instruments and rhythms that somehow blend together perfectly. I feel like Pharrell has had a pretty bad rap around here lately (some of it deserved tbf) so this was a nice reminder that he's still a musical genius.
I'll even give Migos some credit too, it's nice to hear the three of them cohesively doing their own thing rather than just repeating what each other says. Stuck between two singles that both got more attention simply for who was featured on them (Nicki & Cardi B on "Motorsport", and Drake on "Walk It Talk It"), it felt like "Stir Fry" barely had its moment to shine. But if we have to deal with Migos being popular for a few more years, at least we can hope for more songs like this one.

1000% to this wub.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 16th January 2019, 12:52 AM
Post #23
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Most of those honourable mentions, especially the last three, are amazing! Can’t wait to see what made your actual EOY chart tongue.gif

Funny they you thought On The Loose was Prayer In C like at first, I’m not sure what I thought of it tbh as it completely skipped me by on the album and I didn’t get into it really until the album. I never thought of it as Fleetwood Mac inspired though but I do actually see the influence - mostly in the instrumental

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 16th January 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Live In the Moment was nice enough but it didn't have anything on Feel It Still and couldn't even outlast it in my Personal Chart back in 2017 sad.gif I agree that Sicko Mode did really grow on me though, it's weird having basically three mini-songs in one but I do end up dancing to it!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 17th January 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #25
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Want You Back and Youngblood showed an interesting transition to a more pop rock sound for 5SOS, with the latter being my favourite song from them along with Girls Talk Boys.
Stir Fry is a great, upbeat song from Migos, with some fantastic production from Pharrell Williams. All three of the rappers sounded like they had a fun time doing their verses.
I also like On The Loose. It's probably my favourite of the Niall solo tracks I've heard.
SICKO MODE is a swell song. The beat switches were constructed very well and each section had its own unique, hypnotic sound that got me out like a light, like a light, like a light.

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: 17th January 2019, 11:39 PM

+Quote this post
Riser
post 18th January 2019, 12:23 AM
Post #26
Group icon

Thanks for the comments heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Okay one more honorable mention and then I should have #60-#51 posted tonight!

Kim Petras "Can't Do Better"

This is absolutely one of the best songs I heard in 2018, but I don't feel right ranking it with all the others for some reason. It was a late discovery and one I was careful not to overplay, and as a result ended up forgetting to chart it. Might save it for next year maybe? But excuses aside, this is literal pop perfection. The build-up is very well executed and the hook is just glorious, almost life-changing. It pains me that any Kim Petras song would surely be vetoed in BJSC now because I think "Can't Do Better" could've been an even bigger winner than "Heart To Break" was. She should also already have a handful of smash hits in the real world by now! You literally "can't do better" than this, pun intended. Kudos to 96.5 Rock FM in Lusaka, Zambia as well as Radio Disney for playing this otherwise I'd never have been introduced to it!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 18th January 2019, 01:52 AM
Post #27
Group icon

60. NF "Let You Down"
NF just sneaks into the EOY with his breakthrough hit. He seemingly came out of nowhere to score a #1 album in the US, then managed to get "Let You Down" charting as high as #2 in Sweden and Norway, plus #6 in the UK and #12 in the US. I think timing was on NF’s side, with the likes of G-Eazy, Logic, MGK and Macklemore also having hits around the same time, but this song stood out just enough. He even managed a follow-up hit in the US! Must admit I’ve liked everything I’ve heard from him so far.

59. Shawn Mendes & Zedd "Lost In Japan"
One of the most poorly-handled single releases of the year, dare I say? As much as I liked both versions of "Lost In Japan", Shawn’s label got what they deserved for sitting on their hands without pushing a second single, then turning this song into a remix no one asked for and thinking it would somehow be a hit. I’m glad it stalled in the charts and hope it stops them from ever repeating that strategy for him. That said, I do enjoy the remix and the video was especially good, giving us a mash-up of both versions.
Previous EOY history for Shawn: "Stitches" (#3, 2015), "Mercy" (#10, 2017 & #36, 2016), "There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back" (#54, 2017)
Previous EOY history for Zedd: "Break Free" (#8, 2014), "Starving" (#27, 2016), "Get Low" (#27, 2017), "Stay" (#38, 2017)

58. Kacey Musgraves "High Horse"

I’m not sure "High Horse" even appeared in my personal chart, it was just an obvious highlight from Golden Hour that grew on me more as time went on. Kacey does some fabulous genre-bending here and becomes a bit of a disco queen, a pleasant surprise since she’s hardly known for going uptempo. Her lyrics are effortlessly good as usual which I’ll touch on more very soon magic.gif

57. Dierks Bentley "Woman, Amen"

Of course Dierks is guaranteed to be in my EOY every era, but this year he only scrapes in against some strong competition. "Woman, Amen" is a pretty simple ode to his wife and has a very familiar feel from the melody to the anthemic production. Not sure exactly what song it reminds me of but it’s just a solid lead single.
Previous EOY history: "I Hold On" (#14, 2014), "Drunk On A Plane" (#35, 2014), "Riser" (#42, 2015), "Somewhere On A Beach" (#55, 2016)

56. Dierks Bentley feat. Brothers Osborne "Burning Man"

Here’s Dierks again with the collab of my dreams, teaming with Brothers Osborne who are also no stranger to my chart and EOY. Dierks’ album is called The Mountain and thematically it was a more authentic version of what Justin Timberlake tried to do with Man Of The Woods. This song would’ve been higher had it not impacted so late in the year, it was his highest-charting song in my chart in over four years and just has an awesome build-up to the chorus. It genuinely plays on the strengths of both artists.
Previous EOY history for Dierks: "I Hold On" (#14, 2014), "Drunk On A Plane" (#35, 2014), "Riser" (#42, 2015), "Somewhere On A Beach" (#55, 2016)
Previous EOY history for Brothers Osborne: "Stay A Little Longer" (#9, 2016), "It Ain’t My Fault" (#30, 2017)

55. Kacey Musgraves "Space Cowboy"

Here’s Kacey again with my favorite song from Golden Hour! "Space Cowboy" is more in her element of slow tempo and minimal instrumentation, the piano intro with her vocals grabbed me right away. wub.gif What I love about her lyrics is how she uses typical country buzzwords but never falls into the usual country music stereotypes, instead she always puts a different spin on them. The same can be said for "High Horse", a testament to her clever songwriting for sure.

54. Rita Ora "Let You Love Me"
Now this is more like it, Rita. "Girls" may have backfired but thank goodness she basically had "Anywhere Part 2" up her sleeve, which led to her album finally seeing the light of day!!! "Let You Love Me" is even getting airplay in the US so who knows what other unthinkable thing it will do next!
Previous EOY history: "Anywhere" (#51, 2017)

53. Charli XCX feat. Troye Sivan "1999"
"1999" is also disadvantaged from impacting late in the year, I’m still loving it and would surely put it higher here a couple months from now. Best video of the year if I’m not forgetting anything, and we didn’t have to fact-check all the references like we did earlier in the year. kink.gif
Previous EOY history for Charli: "Boom Clap" (#3, 2014), "Fancy" (#4, 2014)
Previous EOY history for Troye: "Youth" (#8, 2016)

52. Bryce Vine "Drew Barrymore"

This did pretty well in the US for a new artist with no prior features and no track record anywhere else. It caught me by surprise on first listen in May and held up well over the summer as it gained airplay. I can take or leave the chorus, but the lyrics in the verses are great!

51. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper "Shallow"
I’ll just take this opportunity to gush over A Star Is Born, the most hyped I’d been for a movie in years and the first time I’ve ever seen a film the night before it premiered. So glad it lived up to expectations, in fact it probably still exceeded them! "Shallow" was one of the undeniable pop moments of the year and I’m still amazed it managed #1 in so many countries. Shame it didn’t in the US but top 5 is still outstanding for it! Plus a re-peak isn’t totally out of the question if the Grammys or Oscars go the right way…:o
Previous EOY history for Lady Gaga: "The Cure" (#34, 2017)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th January 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #28
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I totally prefer Want You Back to Youngblood too, I'm not quite sure why the latter caught on quite so much but it was nice to see them smash anyway!!

I love both versions of Lost In Japan but my god, they really messed up that campaign. I'm not quite sure HOW they managed to screw it up so much after it got off to a fine start??

Love the impacts for Rita and Charli too wub.gif!!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 19th January 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #29
Group icon

Idk if I've mentioned it before but what sort of a name is Dierks? laugh.gif Giving Burning Man a listen anyway, it's a nice guitar-y piece and I can see it being a grower. Nice to see 1999 in here as well, I was surprised how much I liked that one! Although according to your EOY histories, both Charli and Troye seem to have morphed into Katy Perry tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 25th January 2019, 01:05 AM
Post #30
Group icon

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jan 19 2019, 01:46 PM) *
I totally prefer Want You Back to Youngblood too, I'm not quite sure why the latter caught on quite so much but it was nice to see them smash anyway!!

I love both versions of Lost In Japan but my god, they really messed up that campaign. I'm not quite sure HOW they managed to screw it up so much after it got off to a fine start??

Love the impacts for Rita and Charli too wub.gif!!
My thoughts exactly! Thanks Joseph biggrin.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 19 2019, 03:04 PM) *
Idk if I've mentioned it before but what sort of a name is Dierks? laugh.gif Giving Burning Man a listen anyway, it's a nice guitar-y piece and I can see it being a grower. Nice to see 1999 in here as well, I was surprised how much I liked that one! Although according to your EOY histories, both Charli and Troye seem to have morphed into Katy Perry tongue.gif
Oops laugh.gif I was using Katy's from last year's EOY as a template for this year's. I'd have caught it a lot sooner had I read your comment before now :')

Oh and Wiki says "His middle name, Dierks (which he now uses as his first name publicly), is also his maternal great-grandmother's surname." magic.gif I actually didn't know it's his middle name, but apparently his first name is Frederick...in which case Dierks has a much better ring to it tongue.gif Thanks Pete!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 25th January 2019, 01:54 AM
Post #31
Group icon

50. Ria Mae "Bend"

"Bend" is quite an old song by now, according to my Shazam history I first heard it in August 2017 on Canadian radio, then forgot about it until somehow coming across it again in January, thinking it sounded familiar, then finding it in my Shazam history magic.gif. Must have been a slow-burner of a hit up there! The video is very good, one of my faves of the year and channels Christine & The Queens! It was a BJSC potential for me but I was convinced it would flop, only to be proven incredibly wrong by popchartfreak kink.gif

49. Taylor Swift "…Ready For It?"
Not a 2018 song by any means, but "…Ready For It?" didn’t click with me until the start of the year, so here it is! First used as promo for the NFL if I remember correctly, which seems odd but it really is the perfect song to get hyped or energized even in a sports setting! A definite highlight of Reputation and really should’ve been bigger than it was, probably would have if it wasn’t released the week after LWYMMD.
Previous EOY history: "Shake It Off" (#22, 2014), "Wildest Dreams" (#25, 2015)

48. Years & Years "Sanctify"
While not a fan of "King" or "Shine", I did like enough Years & Years songs to be hyped for their return last year, and their opening single did not disappoint! It was a shame to not see "Sanctify" catch on the way their other hits have, but even with a low peak it had a good run. This is their first appearance in my EOY!

47. Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj "Woman Like Me"
Speaking of which, this is also Little Mix’s first appearance in my EOY! You can count me amongst those who are annoyed at them constantly doing collab after collab, as pointless as it may be to feel that way. So I did not have high hopes for "Woman Like Me" when it was first announced, but lo and behold it was a major earworm! I was only listening to it twice a week—Fridays on the chart show and Mondays on the chart update—but it was genuinely stuck in my head the rest of the week just from that! Nicki did a good job on it too, so I was quick to eat my words on this one.
Previous EOY history for Nicki: "Side To Side" (#18, 2016), "Kissing Strangers" (#33, 2017)

46. Alice Merton "No Roots"
It was nice to see this song finally make its mark on both sides of the pond last year! It barely scraped the Billboard Hot 100 but had good airplay here for quite a few months. More frustrating was how close it was to making the UK top 40, but in a way I didn’t even think it’d get as close as it did. I managed to get my dad into this song and he stans it with me now *.*

45. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa "One Kiss"
If you’d told me a year ago that a Calvin Harris song would be the biggest song of the year in the UK, I sure wouldn’t have believed you! I’d call "One Kiss" a return to form although I didn’t mind his 2017 output either.
Previous EOY history for Calvin: "Thinking About You" (#50, 2014), "Pray To God" (#39, 2015), "My Way" (#41, 2016)
Previous EOY history for Dua: "Be The One" (#3, 2017), "New Rules" (#4, 2017)

44. Bruno Mars & Cardi B "Finesse"
Bruno’s third album campaign seemed to end rather abruptly after "Versace On The Floor" stalled, so I was pleased to see him stretch it out for a few more months after all. Everyone was jumping on the Cardi B bandwagon but no one did it better than Bruno; adding Cardi to "Finesse" gave it that extra 24K magic and made it sound even more like it came from the 90s. I’m honestly surprised at how quickly it fell off the charts compared to "That’s What I Like".
Previous EOY history for Bruno: "Young Girls" (#44, 2014), "That’s What I Like" (#6, 2017)
Previous EOY history for Cardi: "No Limit" (#39, 2017)

43. Keala Settle "This Is Me"
Still haven’t watched The Greatest Showman but the soundtrack was totally unavoidable last year especially for chart followers. "This Is Me" is fab even without the context of the film, as are some of the others. It was also one of my favorite songs to follow in the singles chart, I’m still in awe that it got to #3 in the UK and EOY top 10! Definitely stands out amongst the other chart behemoths of the past decade so it was a pleasant surprise to see the UK embrace it as much as they did. I was hoping that’d happen in the US too, even to a lesser extent, but sadly it never did. Looking forward to finding out whether hits from musical films will be a continuing chart trend in 2019 or if 2018 was just a fluke.

42. Ary "Already There"

Anyone in BJSC gets their "Spin My World" moment sooner or later, and this year was my turn. Not only did "Already There" sound like a smash to me, it had top 5 odds from early on in the semifinals, only to not even qualify, missing out by one place. To add insult to injury, the aforementioned Ria Mae song did go top 5 after I’d changed my mind on sending it. I don’t mean that to be negative, that’s just how it happened and it simply wasn’t meant to be! Anyway, I love Ary’s voice so much and hope she brings out more music soon heart.gif

41. P!nk "Beautiful Trauma"
"Beautiful Trauma" is P!nk at her absolute finest. I just love her songs like this, "True Love", "Please Don’t Leave Me" etc. where they’re relatable, admitting love’s not perfect, and they’re just portrayed in a way that only P!nk could do. I love how this one goes back and forth from ballad to uptempo, the build-up to the chorus is spectacular and so is the overall theatrical feel to it. Definitely my favorite of hers since "Try"!
Previous EOY history: "What About Us" (#63, 2017)

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 25th January 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #32
Group icon

Bend was a great BJSC song, were you planning on sending it the same contest or one before? Love how No Roots is still getting mentioned even though it feels like absolutely ages (two years now?) since it was sent to BJSC *.*

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th January 2019, 10:03 PM
Post #33
Group icon

Cardi my queen *.* Finesse is definitely my highlight of the 24K Magic era, and the added Cardi magic really elevated it from forgettable album track to surefire smash wub.gif

Shame #47's cancelled sad.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th January 2019, 10:15 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Kacey slayage wub.gif Space Cowboy isn't one of my absolute faves but it's still beaut, High Horse is ofc pop perfection <3

+Quote this post
Riser
post 1st February 2019, 05:01 AM
Post #35
Group icon

40. Lil Dicky feat. Chris Brown "Freaky Friday"
I actually first heard this at a bowling alley, without the context of the video. But it was love at first listen just for a throwback to the DJ Mustard era – just see the previous EOY history below, I loved that in 2014. The lack of radio play kept it from any sort of overkill so it makes my EOY top 40, and that’s all I have to say really. Either you love it or you don’t!
Previous EOY history for Chris: "Loyal" (#18, 2014), "Show Me" (#26, 2014), "New Flame" (#40, 2014)

39. King Princess "1950"
This must have been on some prominent Spotify playlists because I remember seeing it higher on the Spotify chart than you’d expect for a song of its nature. I took a listen out of curiosity and kept coming back to it! "1950" ended up a top 20 hit in Australia which was pretty rad. Not sure if I buy the Sound of 2019 hype for King Princess, but "Talia" and "Pussy Is God" aren’t bad either so we’ll see if she keeps it up quality-wise!

38. Kendrick Lamar feat. Zacari "Love."
This was the last single pushed from Kendrick’s album if I remember correctly, and an unexpectedly good one. Great vocals from Zacari, who I’d like to hear more from. Kendrick followed it up with something even better – more on that later!
Previous EOY history for Kendrick: "The Greatest" (#36, 2016)

37. Troye Sivan "My My My!"
Troye seemed like such an effortless talent a few years ago. Last year saw a bit of a sophomore slump for him but moreso because Bloom’s promo and release strategy was really really bad. "My My My!" is a serious gem although I didn’t think so at first, was quite the grower for me. He exudes more confidence than ever before so you can definitely sense the progression, or dare I say evolution, from his debut!
Previous EOY history: "Youth" (#8, 2016)

36. M-22 feat. Medina "First Time"
How nice was it to hear Medina’s voice again! Everything about "First Time" was a triumph from its general perfection to its chart longevity. I forgot it only peaked at #20, deserved at least top 15!

35. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin "I Like It"
Cardi caught the tail end of the Latin bandwagon with a collab you just knew was going to be massive on first listen. "I Like It" was an undeniable, irresistible bop, you probably saw the comments here from folks who can’t stand Cardi B as a person but admitted she really knocked it out of the park here. It was the closest thing we had to a definitive summer hit last year, and with a lack of upbeat hits at the time we really needed it!
Previous EOY history for Cardi: "No Limit" (#39, 2017)
Previous EOY history for J Balvin: "Mi Gente" (#19, 2017)

34. Loud Luxury feat. Brando "Body"
These days it’s far too rare to see a global Canadian hit that isn’t from Drake, The Weeknd, or the Biebs. Or even in the Canadian charts for that matter. So I’d say "Body" exceeded all expectations when it rightfully smashed, especially for a dance track that wasn’t from an established artist. Loud Luxury is a great artist name too. Bravo!

33. Ariana Grande "Breathin"
Can we just wub.gif at the bridge of this song, with the guitar solo and everything? wub.gif I’d go out on a limb and say "Breathin" will stand the test of time better than the other Sweetener singles. Since it was her smallest hit out of the four she had last year, I hope it’s not forgotten about in the long run, or even in a year. It may have taken til December to peak in my chart, but better late than never. What a song <3
Previous EOY history: "Break Free" (#8, 2014), "One Last Time" (#4, 2015), "Focus" (#30, 2015), "Into You" (#1, 2016), "Side To Side" (#18, 2016), "Everyday" (#22, 2017)

32. G-Eazy feat. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B "No Limit"
"No Limit" has the misfortune of having my love for it split between two years, so it only scrapes the EOY top 40 twice. Aside from that there’s not much misfortune to be found! I originally thought any song featuring Cardi B would be just a cheap attempt at an easy hit, but I’ve been proven wrong multiple times now, and first and foremost here. A top-notch effort from every artist involved.
Previous EOY history for G-Eazy: "Me, Myself & I" (#20, 2016), "No Limit" (#39, 2017)

31. Alessia Cara "Trust My Lonely"
Alessia is flopping hardcore in the real world but she can still do almost no wrong in mine. A reggae-pop song was always going to be a hit with me, so here it is. "Trust My Lonely" even continues her trend of using adjectives as nouns (following "Scars To Your Beautiful" of course) so really, what’s not to like about it? She didn’t even delay her album release when this flopped, I stan such a queen!
Previous EOY history: "Wild Things" (#2, 2016), "Scars To Your Beautiful" (#7, 2016), "I'm Yours" (#47, 2016), "Stay" (#38, 2017), "1-800-273-8255" (#44, 2017)

+Quote this post
Riser
post 1st February 2019, 05:04 AM
Post #36
Group icon

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 25 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Bend was a great BJSC song, were you planning on sending it the same contest or one before? Love how No Roots is still getting mentioned even though it feels like absolutely ages (two years now?) since it was sent to BJSC *.*
I *think* it was the same contest but maybe the month before kink.gif And yes, two years since 'No Roots'! Longevity legend <3

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jan 25 2019, 05:03 PM) *
Shame #47's cancelled sad.gif
Okay Michael

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 1st February 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #37
Group icon

I don't think I've heard Trust My Lonely! Giving a listen now, I mean... it's not bad but it's not something I would particularly choose to listen to which is such a shame as she went from getting my EOY #1 last year to me just completely going off her sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd February 2019, 12:03 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I'm so pleased to see some love for '…Ready For It?' here even if it did take a little while to click! You hit the nail on the head with that whole write-up, it really does leave you feeling so hyped and energised. The perfect example for me was when it came on shuffle recently while I was running on the treadmill, I wanted to run for MY LIFE while it was on, that pounding production is just everything *.* I think it's in my top 5 Taylor songs of all-time already!

'No Limit' is such a favourite too! I didn't think much of G-Eazy but this finally turned things around, the verses (of the radio edit anyway kink.gif) and chorus are fire <3

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 2nd February 2019, 12:07 AM
Post #39
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

My My My, First Time and No Limit are great tracks, and Breathin is one of my favourites from Sweetener along with No Tears Left To Cry.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd February 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #40
Group icon

I Like It is EVERYTHING, that was so spot on, even if Bad Bunny goes on for about 5 hours kink.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:31 AM