BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Suggestion Box
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Apr 28 2019, 02:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Post your suggestions / feedback for the Inner Circle and mgmt here!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Apr 28 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Ellie AF

+Quote this post
Scene
post Apr 28 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
A Camila Cabello forum could do wonders - more so than some of the new ones imo. She had a big first era, along with a worldwide smash, and CC2 is probably coming later this year or early 2020. I see her as 1 of 3 major pop starlets alongside Ari and Dua who both have their own forum. Make it happen!! (please)

+Quote this post
Linds.
post May 8 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
I want AFSC

or maybe we could do a contest that's set up with heats, similar to bjfest

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post May 8 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
I want Ellie Goulding

+Quote this post
Linds.
post May 8 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
who let u in here

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post May 15 2019, 07:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
QUOTE(Scene @ Apr 28 2019, 04:50 PM) *
A Camila Cabello forum could do wonders - more so than some of the new ones imo. She had a big first era, along with a worldwide smash, and CC2 is probably coming later this year or early 2020. I see her as 1 of 3 major pop starlets alongside Ari and Dua who both have their own forum. Make it happen!! (please)

5H in general and then sub forums within the forum?

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 30 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Charli forum to be brought back on a trial basis plz x

- She’s a legend
- She’s Doing a lot at the moment so there’s lots to talk about
- Extremely active on social media
- Active fanbase that uses pop forums
- She’s a legend
- She just released an album, rates/survivors etc for that could give us LOTS of posts
- She has a lot of material that’s relatively unknown by most people so the listen throughs which have been a massive success for other forums could be used
- She’s liked on here and with lots of activities to do she could be the next big niche forum like The Saturdays
- She’s a legend
- Did I mention she’s a legend

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 30 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
A shame no one used it when it existed just a couple of months back.

+Quote this post
Calum
post May 30 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ May 30 2020, 10:57 PM) *
A shame no one used it when it existed just a couple of months back.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 30 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #11
Group icon
is in hibernation
QUOTE(Calum @ May 30 2020, 10:58 PM) *

I didn’t know you took your tea cold xx

Nah you’re right Liam of course kink.gif but no shade, I think with a push and activities like other forums have had (listen throughs, survivors, discussion topics etc) it could work! I didn’t think the Ellie or Shawn forums would work but they’re both thriving, especially Shawn.

Just a suggestion x

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 30 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
If there's a genuine interest raised by a few people then fair enough, but I just fear that after all the (for want of a better word) gimmicks have been used like a rate and listening parties, then the forum would go back to being dead. The thread for her new album only has two pages for instance.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 30 2020, 10:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
is in hibernation
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ May 30 2020, 11:07 PM) *
If there's a genuine interest raised by a few people then fair enough, but I just fear that after all the (for want of a better word) gimmicks have been used like a rate and listening parties, then the forum would go back to being dead. The thread for her new album only has two pages for instance.

Omg that’s...not great, I remembered it as having like six pages oops

I get that, but unless there’s a genuine massive event happening like in the Gaga forum or an established community like in Kylie, it’s very hard for AF’s in general to get lots of posts without those gimmicks. If there wasn’t an AFSC going on atm and you removed rates, survivors etc then a lot of AF’s would be relatively mute. I just think with the new era it could get a chance but it’d be a risk and you’re absolutely right!

This post has been edited by Andrew.: May 30 2020, 10:13 PM

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 30 2020, 10:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
It's more about how sustainable it would be really, I know all forums have to do rates and things to keep activity up but there's various ways of doing them and others have a lot more material to offer. Plus all those things could have been done when the forum existed previously.

Don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer thought - as I say, if this is something members genuinely wanted to give another shot then I'll be all for it. I just don't want it to be reinstated and all the hardwork from whoever was moderating (whether that be you or someone else) get ignored.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 30 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #15
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
The criteria as to what makes a successful AF, to me, is whether it gets more posts than it otherwise would in a genre forum. Charli simply wasn't so that's why it had to go, and honestly, the activity of the new album isn't convincing me otherwise. It'd be busy for a week before dying down again. I don't think an AF would promote any more Charli posts than we're already getting!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 30 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #16
Group icon
is in hibernation
A more general idea for the inner circle to consider, Selena Gomez?

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ May 30 2020, 11:28 PM) *
It's more about how sustainable it would be really, I know all forums have to do rates and things to keep activity up but there's various ways of doing them and others have a lot more material to offer. Plus all those things could have been done when the forum existed previously.

Don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer thought - as I say, if this is something members genuinely wanted to give another shot then I'll be all for it. I just don't want it to be reinstated and all the hardwork from whoever was moderating (whether that be you or someone else) get ignored.

No you’re fine it’s just an idea and ik it’d be a risk, thanks for the constructive points x

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ May 30 2020, 11:34 PM) *
The criteria as to what makes a successful AF, to me, is whether it gets more posts than it otherwise would in a genre forum. Charli simply wasn't so that's why it had to go, and honestly, the activity of the new album isn't convincing me otherwise. It'd be busy for a week before dying down again. I don't think an AF would promote any more Charli posts than we're already getting!

I get that completely, but if Charli has an AF, there would be more posts as discussion topics were started, at least I know I would try and start some and possibly others would too. Idk if I’m making my point well aha but using Ellie and Shawn as an example, their releases were hardly getting a load of pages in the genre forums but they get more discussion in their AFs by default as there’s an effort to make discussion. If Shawn was still in pop he wouldn’t be getting 100 posts a week. If there’s people putting in a great effort like there is in forums like that then it can work. I know it’d be a risk but it’s just what the topic said, a suggestion and I'm quite passionate about Charli so I think it’d be interesting to give it a go! Then again I'm passionate about Xtina and she's not getting a forum anytime soon kink.gif I accept your reasonings though 😁

This post has been edited by Andrew.: May 31 2020, 12:02 AM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post May 31 2020, 12:38 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
A Steps forum for when they finally do their come back wub.gif If it's anything like last time there will be tons of interviews, tour dates, performances etc etc to talk about

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 31 2020, 12:55 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ May 31 2020, 01:38 AM) *
A Steps forum for when they finally do their come back wub.gif If it's anything like last time there will be tons of interviews, tour dates, performances etc etc to talk about

Agreed, I think the appetite is there for Steps. Their last album received a lot of discussion (I checked back and the thread has 42 pages) and the thread for their TBA album is already on 6 pages. A lot of Buzzjack's demographic grew up with their music so there's plenty of nostalgia to tap into. If a couple of members were willing to moderate I could see it being a success.

I know it was just for Teams but the amount of discussion raised in the S Club forum was something I could see being achieved in a Steps forum.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 31 2020, 01:12 AM
Post #19
Group icon
is in hibernation
Lizzo?

Steps is a great idea! I'm not a huge fan but we've seen how successful the Spice Girls forum has been and Kylie etc still is, pop acts with longer careers always do well tbh

Serious suggestion: Pussycat Dolls. The 'React' thread did very well and they've confirmed new music is coming, along with the tour and possible album. I think it'd work!

This post has been edited by Andrew.: May 31 2020, 05:41 AM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post May 31 2020, 10:39 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I'd be happy to moderate a Steps forum with someone. Jay is also a big Steps fan so I reckon he would do it too... another one for him lol!

Pussycat Dolls could work but I think it should be saved for if they do a fully fledged album as there won't be much to talk about otherwise... although I suppose they do have solo stuff going on too tbf.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:29 PM