BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Synth rock revival got us feeling electric., talent. we want more...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
DropzoneUK
post Apr 4 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 40,955
The amount of synth rock/cross over music being released lately is a welcome surprise to say the least. So many bands adding more and more synth/electronic elements. Big names such as PATD, Fall out boy, Churches, Metric and less known artists like I prevail, The animal in me, i see stars. The synth gods are blessing us but we need more. Anyone know of any other bands bringing that digital vibe? cool.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Apr 4 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
I wouldn't call any of those synth rock, when I think synth rock, I think of stuff like this.... laugh.gif

But yes it does seem quite a bit of the popular indie this decade has been less electric quitar and more synthpop/electronic based, Chvrches being the best example.

+Quote this post
DropzoneUK
post Apr 4 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 40,955
QUOTE(Dancing Queef @ Apr 4 2018, 07:00 PM) *
I wouldn't call any of those synth rock, when I think synth rock, I think of stuff like this.... laugh.gif

But yes it does seem quite a bit of the popular indie this decade has been less electric quitar and more synthpop/electronic based, Chvrches being the best example.

Haha cant beat a bit of van halen though! I think these bands could still be classed as synth rock, albeit a more modern, different sounding version. In my eyes any Rock/indie/metal band that regularly uses synthesizers and/or has a synth player in the band, is synth rock lol. Muse has to be top of the list.

This post has been edited by DropzoneUK: Apr 4 2018, 07:56 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:50 PM