BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do people here like the Saturdays so much?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Griff
post Jul 5 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #1
Guests

Girls Aloud. Spice Girls. TLC. Bananarama. All Saints. Little Mix. Destiny's Child. Girls Can't Catch. All great girl groups (I'm not going to go there with the Sugababes).

Yet why is there so much adoration for this particular group here? It is something I have never worked out. I would like to make an academic study of this, as it would force me to understand this particular perspective.

Not trying to take the piss, I just genuinely would like to know why most who frequent this forum seem to prefer them to ALL of the groups I've mentioned.

This post has been edited by Griff: Jul 5 2015, 11:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 5 2015, 11:17 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,182

Something called personal preference probably.

+Quote Post
Griff
post Jul 5 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #3
Guests

But what is it about them? Is it the personalities? The music? The styling? The lyrics?

Because they have always seemed very low-rent compared to ALL (yes, ALL) of the groups I mentioned at the start of this thread.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 5 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Griff @ Jul 5 2015, 12:23 PM) *
But what is it about them? Is it the personalities? The music? The styling? The lyrics?

Because they have always seemed very low-rent compared to ALL (yes, ALL) of the groups I mentioned at the start of this thread.

For most fans it's probably the whole package. I wouldn't say they were low rent at their peak from Ego to What About Us (excluding MHTO/30 Days) and a lot of money has been put into them, just a shame the rewards never surfaced.

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Jul 5 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #5
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Because they are very good at what they do. Their songs often are very well produced pop music. Little Mix are very much just as good but I think I prefer Sats just a bit more wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Jul 5 2015, 01:40 PM
Post #6
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Cos they're amazing

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 5 2015, 02:30 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

They always give out great pop Music. Like I could legit listen to them on repeat for hours. They always look CLASSY too, except for the all too often baby bumps laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Griff
post Jul 5 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #8
Guests

Maybe a singles rate is needed. I think a few singles from them are above average.

+Quote Post
P@ul
post Jul 5 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,742
   No Gallery Pics

I think it was their personalities that got me into them first. If you watch any of their reality shows like the ghost hunting one, you can tell how lovely,friendly and hilarious they all are. I could watch them for hours wub.gif They're like normal girls next doors and remind me of some of my friends but are also all unbelievably beautiful.. Not only that but they have amazing catchy pop songs!

This post has been edited by P@ul: Jul 5 2015, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Jul 5 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 18,512

Like Sean said, it's the whole package. They all bring something different to the group, they're very down to earth, their music is catchy and fresh, they have good style, and they've actually been putting out new material at a constant pace until recently. I also can't help but root for them as they're underdogs with so many ups and downs in their career.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 5 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member

https://sneezedonthebeat.wordpress.com/2014...he-spice-girls/

Found that on the web!

+Quote Post
Griff
post Jul 5 2015, 03:53 PM
Post #12
Guests

Sorry but the Saturdays are in no way comparable to the Spice Girls for what they were and what they achieved.

+Quote Post
Totto
post Jul 5 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #13
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
Member No.: 20,441
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Griff @ Jul 5 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Maybe a singles rate is needed. I think a few singles from them are above average.

Oh no not another one. ohmy.gif

Lee is already making a new rate thread as we speak.

This post has been edited by Totto: Jul 5 2015, 04:19 PM

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jul 5 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #14
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

In regards to The Saturdays and the groups mentioned in the opening post, I think some of it is timing. The Saturdays are / were the current girlgroup with Little Mix the only other one having chart impact, like I'm a fan of the Spice Girls, a fan of some songs that TLC, All Saints etc. put out, but they aren't current records so I'm not going to be listening to them as much, no discussion value on where they're going to chart, tours, future material etc. etc. Speaking for myself here but for perhaps others. Idk if that's what's being got at, but that's one perspective.

The music is straightforward catchy pop which is what I enjoy listening to and the girls seem lovely and genuine.

I agree with Zach about them being underdogs too, I'm always rooting for the underdog on reality shows and they're like the musical equivalent.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 5 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend

This all just makes me realise how much I miss the group. It's been too long already. I need some straight forward amazing pop like they are good at and I need some Now. I feel like crying tbh.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 5 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Griff @ Jul 5 2015, 04:53 PM) *
Sorry but the Saturdays are in no way comparable to the Spice Girls for what they were and what they achieved.

They weren't compared to the Spice Girls though. They said The Saturdays were the best thing since The Spice Girls and I'd really tend to agree. Also like someone said they are legit the underdog in the British music scene. Of course we love to root for them biggrin.gif

You really don't need to understand why they are so loved though. Maybe you should be more focused on why you don't love them.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jul 5 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #17
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

They are all down to earth and clearly get on very well, something other girl bands should take note of. They haven't let fame go to their heads or try to be in the media 24/7 and their music is amazing. They also write a lot of their album tracks.

This post has been edited by Cameron: Jul 5 2015, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
Hurricane
post Jul 5 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #18
get me started, hot like fire
Member No.: 17,262
   No Gallery Pics

They are better singers.
xoxo.

+Quote Post
Griff
post Jul 5 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #19
Guests

QUOTE(JSG @ Jul 5 2015, 06:07 PM) *
You really don't need to understand why they are so loved though. Maybe you should be more focused on why you don't love them.

Yes, I did say earlier on. Because they come across to myself as incredibly low-rent with very little progression as a group and don't have a particularly good back catalogue compared to many other girl groups.

This post has been edited by Griff: Jul 5 2015, 06:44 PM

+Quote Post
Griff
post Jul 5 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #20
Guests

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jul 5 2015, 06:49 PM) *
They also write a lot of their album tracks.

Scouting For Girls write a lot of their album tracks, and it doesn't mean that they are of a particularly high quality.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:18 AM