BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Songs You Want To See Performed On Tour
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Mar 4 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #1
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

With the Golden Tour announced and the general theme of the album, what songs do you want to see Mini perform?

Dancing has a country vibe to it and the album is said to have influences of Country, so is it time to bring back Cowboy Style?

She has mentioned Where The Wild Roses Grow a few times and said she has gone back to a similar way of vocal delivery. Could she splice it up with Music's Too Sad Without You and have Jack take over Nick's role for a few special performances?

Stop Me From Falling has a latin vibe, or the single version does, so will Please Stay be back?

Also, Kylie likes to add a cover or two to the setlist and it seems likely it could be Dolly this time so what song could she tackle? Or maybe a Shania song.

Discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmileyKylie
post Mar 4 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,515
   No Gallery Pics

Would be very surprised is Kylie does not add a cover of Jolene into the Golden Tour. It will be epic!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 5 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(Regina @ Mar 4 2018, 05:27 PM) *
She has mentioned Where The Wild Roses Grow a few times and said she has gone back to a similar way of vocal delivery. Could she splice it up with Music's Too Sad Without You and have Jack take over Nick's role for a few special performances?

I'm up for this and I think it sounds pretty realistic tbh! Could be a really special performance.

I agree that a Dolly Parton cover sounds pretty likely - either '9 to 5' or 'Jolene' would go down a treat!

I'd like to see some forgotten gems get the attention they deserve, what with this era seemingly being a celebration of Kylie's career as well as being quite country-inspired. 'Turn It Into Love' appearing on the Showgirl Homecoming or 'If You Don't Love Me' on the Aphrodite Tour are the moments fans live for.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 5 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #4
Raining Shitter

If she does Doll then I want I Will Always Love You, Coat Of Many Colours or even Backwards Barbie or Better Get To Livin'

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Mar 7 2018, 08:06 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 349
   No Gallery Pics

A Bee Gees cover would be nice, maybe Tragedy or her already covered Nightfever.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post May 29 2018, 11:40 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol

If there isn't a Your Country Needs You hoedown, I'll be disappointed.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post May 29 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

If Kylie does a silly cover on tour I can see it been 9-5

+Quote Post
pippa
post May 30 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

She doesn't really need to do covers but i sense she will cover a country song of some form or intertwine it with a medley.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Jun 2 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

Put yourself in my place would be brilliant to hear on tour!!

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Jun 2 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #10
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

If she's gonna do a cover how about Dolly Parton's 'Here You Come Again', I think Kylie would sound fantastic doing this and it would really suit her. Plus I really hope she sings 'Lost Without You' from her Golden album.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jun 2 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I think its almost a cert she will perform Lost Without You.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 9 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Idol

I've been listening to 'What Kind of Fool' a lot recently and I'd love to see it at long last properly brought to the stage. It's very fitting to some of the themes addressed on Golden and the breakdown of her relationship with Joshua and would just be a fantastic, fun FU anthem.

I know Kylie hates the song, but I can dream.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 21 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #13
Raining Shitter

Are there any moments in your catalog that give you chills when you listen to them?
It’s hard to choose, but I would have to go with a recent song on the deluxe edition of Golden called “Lost Without You.” It’s in the middle eight. John Green and I, when we wrote it in studio, we go to the middle eight and played the song melodies, and nothing really felt right. I think we were just running out of time. And I said, “Well, maybe I should say something, just speak.” So it’s pretty much stream of consciousness, and I just had a feeling.

So when he sent the first mix of “Lost Without You” to me, and I first heard it — I won’t ever forget it, because I was at another session, so staying over at that producer’s house — it was about 1 in the morning when I listened to the track. I just welled up in the middle. It took my breath away. I thought, “Oh my god. He’s done it. This is … this is giving me feels.” So that’s one. I’ve never performed that song live — yet. I hope to on tour.

Seems like we'll get LWY on tour.

+Quote Post
SmileyKylie
post Jun 21 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,515
   No Gallery Pics

Finer Feelings.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 22 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 21 2018, 05:51 PM) *
Are there any moments in your catalog that give you chills when you listen to them?
It’s hard to choose, but I would have to go with a recent song on the deluxe edition of Golden called “Lost Without You.” It’s in the middle eight. John Green and I, when we wrote it in studio, we go to the middle eight and played the song melodies, and nothing really felt right. I think we were just running out of time. And I said, “Well, maybe I should say something, just speak.” So it’s pretty much stream of consciousness, and I just had a feeling.

So when he sent the first mix of “Lost Without You” to me, and I first heard it — I won’t ever forget it, because I was at another session, so staying over at that producer’s house — it was about 1 in the morning when I listened to the track. I just welled up in the middle. It took my breath away. I thought, “Oh my god. He’s done it. This is … this is giving me feels.” So that’s one. I’ve never performed that song live — yet. I hope to on tour.

Seems like we'll get LWY on tour.

This is going to be such a moment on tour! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jul 2 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Idol

Based on performances this year and how they've been reinvented, I suspect these will all be appearing on the tour alongside the Golden tracks:

All the Lovers
Breathe
Hand On Your Heart
Islands in the Stream
Love at First Sight
Put Yourself in My Place
Slow
The One
Your Disco Needs You

I'm particularly enjoying this version of 'Breathe':

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:40 PM