BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Torchwood, Series 5 confirmed in audio book form
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post May 8 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #1
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Not sure if this fits in UK TV as it's not actually on TV, but the previous series were so we might as well keep them together. An official fifth series of Torchwood has been CONFIRMED, but in the form of audio plays! Article from Digital Spy:

Torchwood fans, if you've spent the last six years wondering what happened to Captain Jack and Gwen Cooper next, you're about to get answers.

The Doctor Who spin-off – starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles – last graced our television screens in 2011, with the event series Miracle Day.

But now, a new series of audio plays – produced by Big Finish – will chronicle Jack and Gwen's next set of adventures, in stories overseen by Torchwood creator Russell T Davies.

"Russell's been wonderfully involved in the continuation of Torchwood," said James Goss, producer of Torchwood: Aliens Among Us. "We came up with some characters and ideas and he very kindly, very politely said 'Marvellous, but no. How about...?'

"And that's what lead to Jack and Gwen being joined by Mr Colchester (Paul Clayton), Ng (Alexandria Riley), Tyler (Jonny Green) and the enigmatic Orr (Sam Béart).

"Who are they? What part do they have to play in the future of Torchwood? And can they save Cardiff from an invasion that's already been lost?"

"This is an ambitious series for Big Finish – an entire new season of Torchwood! There are some great scripts by some new writers, but there are also some familiar old faces – of course Rhys (Kai Owen) and Andy (Tom Price) are in it, but there'll be a few other surprises, including an appearance by someone who just has to be, has to be dead..."

The officially-authorised fifth series of Torchwood will be released in three boxsets, with the first scheduled for release in August. The second will follow in October, with the third and final release completing the season in 2018.

The episode titles for Series 5.1 are :

Episode 1: 'Changes Everything'
Episode 2: 'Aliens & Sex & Chips & Gravy'
Episode 3: 'Orr' by Juno Dawson
Episode 4: 'Superiority Complex' by AK Benedict

Not entirely sure if I'll be investing in these but it's great to see that there's still life in Torchwood and all of the remaining regulars are involved!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klaus
post May 8 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #2
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The chances were extremely unlikely anyway but it still just makes me sad that this basically confirms the show is never returning to TV. Doubt I'll be investing either, not an audio book guy~

+Quote Post
Klaus
post May 20 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #3
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

People may also be interested to know that there will also be a set of audiobooks featuring David Tennant and Billie Piper (aka The 10th Doctor and Rose). This follows a set of stories that David Tennant and Catherine Tate starred in last year.

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post May 21 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #4
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Well that's something I guess... I really liked Rex's addition to the team and his acting so it'd be a shame not to get to see more of him on screen though nocheer.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:45 AM