BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Peanuts Movie, Snoopy and Charlie Brown are back!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Dec 1 2015, 09:49 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

This comes out at the end of the month but there seems to be previews this weekend which I wasn't expecting. Interesting art style which I think I like but it doesn't look like the best film ever.

I'll be watching it this weekend anyway because my local is only showing one new film this week (Victor Frankenstein) and they decided to start showing Carol three times a day a week too late.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Dec 1 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #2
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

This looks like the worst thing ever, zero interest.

+Quote Post
richie
post Dec 1 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #3
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

Looks excellent and faithful to the 60s cartoons. Not sure why they've gone with The Who on the trailer, surely the Vince Guaraldi Trio instead?

Definitely going to be watching this.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 6 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

This was so disappointing, didn't have many expectations going into it because the trailer wasn't great either but I just didn't enjoy it. I suppose if you like the characters and are familiar with them then you'd enjoy it more so I guess not really being into Snoopy did have an impact on how little I enjoyed this.

My main problem was just how boring it was, the Snoopy riding on a shed scenes were just uneventful and long and really upset the fluidity of the movie, those scenes just had no charm and very little story. This is definitely a 'kids kids' film where the main jokes are people falling in over and doing stupid things. I did faintly smile twice in the genius montage and when the sister started selling his merch laugh.gif but on the whole it was very long although it did have some charm, mainly from Charloe Brown and it was rather uplifting too. Wouldn't recommend watching this over The Good Dinosaur at all though.

Meghan's song worked very well too, a catchy little tune.

This post has been edited by Josh.: Dec 6 2015, 02:25 PM

+Quote Post
richie
post Dec 31 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #5
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely one for Peanuts fans but I really enjoyed it. Yes, Snoopy vs the Red Baron scenes are the worst by far. Pointless action for modern audiences.

But all the rest is great - very true to the old specials.

My only gripe is the inclusion of modern pop in places in favour of the traditional piano jazz.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 31 2015, 09:55 AM
Post #6
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

The Snoopy plane scenes can do one, so boring and pointless drama.gif

Apart from that I absolutely loved the movie heart.gif It was full of charm and fun and I really loved the simple but nice story, kind of reminded me of an American version of Shaun The Sheep: The Movie for some reason laugh.gif I loved the characters and this was a great couple of hours! Also loved the constant use of Meghan Trainor throughout the movie heart.gif

9/10

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:45 PM