BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'A-Yo' • 2nd Instant Grat, but please not an actual single!!1
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post Oct 18 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #21
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

snide eyes @ those who built this up for me

i even prefer perfect illusion cough
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 18 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #22
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Davidson @ Oct 18 2016, 06:48 PM) *
It is much better than 'Perfect Illusion' but it isn't great (kinda the theme of the album).

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Oct 18 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #23
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

This is amazing! Are people listening to the same song as me or..? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #24
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

It would rank as her worst single ever (below You & I and Applause) for me if it gets full single treatment. DON'T DO IT GAGA sad.gif

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Oct 18 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #25
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

DO IT FOR JUSTICE!!

+Quote Post
LB1108
post Oct 18 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 21,315
   No Gallery Pics

This has been out all day and isn't even in the top 150 on iTunes? mellow.gif dreadful.

Having said that, I'm listening to it now for the first time and I can see why... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 18 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #27
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

I don't think it's been out all day, I never noticed it until a short time ago.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #28

Didn't it come out like an hour ago?

And this tweet:

@ladygaga
#AYO @TheChainsmokers maybe u guys'll like this 1 better ✌️️🚬🚬🚬🚬#NowPlaying
Apple: http://smarturl.it/A-YO.ap Spotify: http://smarturl.it/A-YO.sp

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Oct 18 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #29
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

if you're not actively following her then you'd never know

i only know cos of you stans

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(jakewild @ Oct 18 2016, 07:40 PM) *
if you're not actively following her then you'd never know

i only know cos of you stans

Were we expecting to hear about it everywhere? It's a promo single for an album being released with very little hype at the moment.

We probably all need to accept that the era is not going to be any sort of commercial or media stormed event and either listen to the album and enjoy it or ignore it if the music isn't impressing you. She's basically buried the artist FKA crazy lady gaga, this is almost like a brand new artist releasing an album especially musically with her retreat back to the music she was making 10 years ago. It's difficult to follow it longing for former glories because those glories were SO glorious. The album is so much more enjoyable when you don't compare it to the albums that have come before.

+Quote Post
152chris
post Oct 18 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #31
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

i am honestly so confused by this whole album like what is happening

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(152chris @ Oct 18 2016, 07:57 PM) *
i am honestly so confused by this whole album like what is happening

My former post + this: https://twitter.com/ObserverOfGaga/status/788053727869632512

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Oct 18 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #33
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTravis @ Oct 18 2016, 07:56 PM) *
Were we expecting to hear about it everywhere? It's a promo single for an album being released with very little hype at the moment.

We probably all need to accept that the era is not going to be any sort of commercial or media stormed event and either listen to the album and enjoy it or ignore it if the music isn't impressing you. She's basically buried the artist FKA crazy lady gaga, this is almost like a brand new artist releasing an album especially musically with her retreat back to the music she was making 10 years ago. It's difficult to follow it longing for former glories because those glories were SO glorious. The album is so much more enjoyable when you don't compare it to the albums that have come before.

everything i've heard so far has been has been unlistenable tho. it has nothing to do with the hype or lack thereof around her.

it's not easy or clever to go from the kind of artist she used to be to barely any promo or hype. people are used to that from her now. its what she known for. and it's what i'll miss. she used to back it all up with great songs too. now she has neither and it feels like such a loss.

This post has been edited by jakewild: Oct 18 2016, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(jakewild @ Oct 18 2016, 08:00 PM) *
everything i've heard so far has been has been unlistenable tho. it has nothing to do with the hype or lack thereof around her.

it's not easy or clever to go from the kind of artist she used to be to barely any promo or hype. people are used to that from her now. its what she known for. and it's what i'll miss. she used to back it all up with great songs too. now she has neither and it feels like such a loss.

Oh obviously if you're not liking the music then it's a different matter altogether. The lack of hype or promo is understandable though? She has said that she had to express herself with theatrics and being outrageous in the past but now she has matured she can do it in much simpler ways. I wouldn't want her to continue playing up to a character she no longer wants to be just because I miss it? I'm more than happy to let her avoid hyping up the material and just record what she enjoys recording and releasing it for whoeever wants to hear it. I do like 50% of the music in the album so i'm ok, but if you're not liking any of it I guess there's no hope in supporting her this era and probably best to just ignore it (which is easy because it's got no hype or promo or being mentioned anywhere away from her social media / us stans tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
152chris
post Oct 18 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #35
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTravis @ Oct 18 2016, 06:58 PM) *

i honestly wish i hadn't just watched that

it's never bothered me that she's pretentious, that she's so obsessed w her work before because it was so important to the image and the music she was making. i don't even mind that i don't like anything from this album yet. whats bothering me is she is trying to shed off all these 'layers' and yet this is somehow the most contrived thing she ever done.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Oct 18 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #36
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTravis @ Oct 18 2016, 08:04 PM) *
Oh obviously if you're not liking the music then it's a different matter altogether. The lack of hype or promo is understandable though? She has said that she had to express herself with theatrics and being outrageous in the past but now she has matured she can do it in much simpler ways. I wouldn't want her to continue playing up to a character she no longer wants to be just because I miss it? I'm more than happy to let her avoid hyping up the material and just record what she enjoys recording and releasing it for whoeever wants to hear it. I do like 50% of the music in the album so i'm ok, but if you're not liking any of it I guess there's no hope in supporting her this era and probably best to just ignore it (which is easy because it's got no hype or promo or being mentioned anywhere away from her social media / us stans tongue.gif)

aye it would be fine if i actually liked the music but so far i've not liked any of the new stuff which is a shame because i now feel completely disconnected with this new side to her and don't hold much faith in whatever she puts out in the future under this new guise / incarnation / whatever you want to call it. i remember thinking the whole build up to born this way was way too over the top and a bit grotesque so theres that, she can definitely do too much and put people off that way, but i feel like she's gone a bit too far down the rabbit hole of joanne and anti-gaga too quick. transitioning into that kind of artist is understandable but this almost feels more contrived than the over the top artpop.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #37

The fans are so quick

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 18 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(152chris @ Oct 18 2016, 08:10 PM) *
i honestly wish i hadn't just watched that

it's never bothered me that she's pretentious, that she's so obsessed w her work before because it was so important to the image and the music she was making. i don't even mind that i don't like anything from this album yet. whats bothering me is she is trying to shed off all these 'layers' and yet this is somehow the most contrived thing she ever done.

QUOTE(jakewild @ Oct 18 2016, 08:11 PM) *
aye it would be fine if i actually liked the music but so far i've not liked any of the new stuff which is a shame because i now feel completely disconnected with this new side to her and don't hold much faith in whatever she puts out in the future under this new guise / incarnation / whatever you want to call it. i remember thinking the whole build up to born this way was way too over the top and a bit grotesque so theres that, she can definitely do too much and put people off that way, but i feel like she's gone a bit too far down the rabbit hole of joanne and anti-gaga too quick. transitioning into that kind of artist is understandable but this almost feels more contrived than the over the top artpop.

I really don't see how this music is contrived when it is most similar to the stuff she was making 10 years ago in those New York bars... She has musically gone closer to Stefani Germonatta than she's ever done before since she became 'Gaga' and released 'Just Dance'. This isn't even a transition, it's a regression to who she used to be, surely?

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Oct 18 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #39
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTravis @ Oct 18 2016, 07:40 PM) *
Didn't it come out like an hour ago?

And this tweet:

@ladygaga
#AYO @TheChainsmokers maybe u guys'll like this 1 better ✌️️🚬🚬🚬🚬#NowPlaying
Apple: http://smarturl.it/A-YO.ap Spotify: http://smarturl.it/A-YO.sp

They probably hate this one more. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Oct 18 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #40
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTravis @ Oct 18 2016, 08:14 PM) *
I really don't see how this music is contrived when it is most similar to the stuff she was making 10 years ago in those New York bars... She has musically gone closer to Stefani Germonatta than she's ever done before since she became 'Gaga' and released 'Just Dance'. This isn't even a transition, it's a regression to who she used to be, surely?

i've only been exposed to just dance onwards. for the stans who have delved into what she was like beforehand sure it looks like a regression but to the general public i feel it is looking v contrived and off putting. again i think it comes to wether the music is able to back everything else up and for me this era its not which is a shame because she's actually one of my favourite artists and i was willing perfect illusion to be a fluke.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:06 PM