BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Christina Aguilera speaks out in support of Britney
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 29th June 2021, 08:45 AM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

“These past few days I’ve been thinking about Britney and everything she is going through. It’s unacceptable that any woman, or human, wanting to be in control of their own destiny might not be allowed to live life as they wish. To be silenced, ignored, bullied or denied support by those ‘close’ to you is the most depleting, devastating and demeaning thing imaginable. The harmful mental and emotional damage this can take on a human spirit is nothing to be taken lightly. Every woman must have the right to her own body, her own reproductive system, her own privacy, her own space, her own healing and her own happiness. While I am not behind the closed doors of this very layered and personal yet public conversation — all I can do is share from my heart on what I’ve heard, read and seen in the media. The conviction and desperation of this plea for freedom leads me to believe that this person I once knew has been living without compassion or decency from those in control. To a woman who has worked under conditions and pressure unimaginable to most, I promise you she deserves all of the freedom possible to live her happiest life. My heart goes out to Britney. She deserves all the TRUE love and support in the world.”

A very elegant and compassionate statement. heart.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQr4iaiBfYd
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 29th June 2021, 11:22 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

Not been a fan of Christina for a while now, but it’s great that she’s spoken out!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th June 2021, 12:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm having a hard time accepting this lmao sad.gif

She also jumped and attacked Britney, with Justin, no? I'm hoping they've had it out and reconciled (I'm sure they have) but idk. It's very nice of her to do this, but I'm struggling to be completely OK with it (same as I am with Justin's posts)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 29th June 2021, 01:42 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I suppose her statement could be seen as a reflection of how Christina has matured not just regarding Britney, but in general. She's 40 years old now. The Britney v Christina rivalry, which was such a massive thing in the press, is pretty much two decades ago. I think Christina now expressing compassion about the terrible situation Britney has found herself trapped in, is quite far removed from when they were the two young "big pop girls" in the charts. Honestly I don't believe that any Christina quotes/behaviour from the 2000s had any bearing on what ended up happening to Britney. Sadly Britney faced a huge lack of support from the media and public in 2007; I can't remember if Christina ever talked about it then, but my memories are that most celebrities didn't engage with the subject. Therefore, so many years later, I don't think there's anything wrong with Christina commenting on this matter.

Justin is more tricky, because of the fact he and Britney were actually in a relationship. After splitting, he certainly took advantage of that by putting the narrative out there that Britney cheated on him (Cry Me a River video), and winning public favour that way. He was also disrespectful about their private sex life. He was hugely successful in 2007/8 and I do recall there were some subtle jibes at Britney at that time. This year he did publicly express remorse for his part to play in the misogyny that Britney experienced, and he's now spoken out about Britney's situation. I understand this leaving a bad taste in people's mouths, but personally I'm willing to accept that he has had time to mature (he's now 40) and reflect on his behaviour. He could easily have kept quiet, and maybe people would prefer that... but I think any support is better than silence, whoever it comes from.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 29th June 2021, 02:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

That is lovely the girls are women now its great they can move on from past light hearted jibes.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 29th June 2021, 04:46 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I don't like her but this is very sweet and this is the support of public support Britney needs right now!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:17 AM