BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> UEFA vs Basic Human Decency, And like most of Germany too
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Jun 22 2021, 12:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

So. Hungary have passed some pretty vile anti LGBT laws lately. In response, Munich City Council decided to tell Orban he’s a c**t. All political groups on the council and all but the three Nazis, sorry „AfD members“ (too few of them to be considered a group) voted to light up the Allianz Arena in the rainbow flag instead of the German and Hungarian flags. Munich wrote to UEFA. UEFA decided to side with Orban and against humanity. It’s allegedly political. This is the same organisation that had to launch an investigation into Neuer wearing a rainbow armband.

In response to UEFAs homophobia: Frankfurt, Köln, Wolfsburg and as of a few moments ago, the historic Berlin Olympic Stadium will all be lit up in rainbow colours for the match tomorrow.

This is Munich’s first response
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jun 22 2021, 12:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Yes it's pretty shameful, as UEFA have always been for a long time. It's why the Super League thing really never sat too well with me, yes it was not a great idea, but UEFA are a massive part of the problem and that all went very noticeably under the carpet as people shouted faux outrage about the Big 6, including a large majority of their own supporters.

You just have to look at UEFA's actions for the Champions League final or the Euro finals - they'd happily bin the final off to Hungary so that their 2,500 sponsort delegation can attend with a free pass (not forgetting there was a super spreader event at the Champions League final). I thought it was pretty poor taste and petty that Neuer's rainbow armband was investigated as political gesture too. Puts their whole "Respect" campaign in to a poor light too.

Reading between the lines, seems the Hungarian Government got involved to block UEFA from sanctioning it.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 22 2021, 01:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Queen of Soon
They’re so corrupt. They’re talking about being a non-political org but are currently trying to strong arm the UK gov into allowing their VIPs in without quarantine and had no issue begging governments to foil the Super League. Whenever their revenue is threatened they come out fighting. Siding with Germany, LGBT folks and basic human decency isn’t as profitable as the money from Orban so they’ll side with him. They’re a rancid organisation that needs abolishing. Like FIFA, just unfit for purpose.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jun 22 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Quarantilas @ Jun 22 2021, 02:11 PM) *
They’re so corrupt. They’re talking about being a non-political org but are currently trying to strong arm the UK gov into allowing their VIPs in without quarantine and had no issue begging governments to foil the Super League. Whenever their revenue is threatened they come out fighting. Siding with Germany, LGBT folks and basic human decency isn’t as profitable as the money from Orban so they’ll side with him. They’re a rancid organisation that needs abolishing. Like FIFA, just unfit for purpose.

Oh yes I totally agree, the whole organisation much like FIFA, is rife with corruption. It's all very depressing and once again this issue will come to the forefront during Qatar in 2022. I find it very disappointing, football is so much a force for good but the people who run the game are so far behind the time. Not only that, they want players to play more and more games.. all to line their pockets. There is so much that needs to be done for player and fan welfare. I really can't say I am shocked, but it is really disappointing. Just shows how far we have to come still.

I think Munich have the 2022 CL final too, so they are probably scared UEFA will take it away from them. I think the madness is UEFA could have just allowed it and put out a statement with basic PR adopting a neutral stance - now it seems like multiple places will be lit up, think I read earlier the Olympia Tower will be lit up and it seems like rainbow flags will held out to fans too.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 22 2021, 03:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Shameful

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 22 2021, 03:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Makes a change for us to agree so completely on something laugh.gif

Theres too much money in football these days and UEFA is probably the most guilty in this respect as Europe’s governing body. But I guess it’s hard to clamp down on dodgy finances and overbloated player wages And agent fees when you’re busy ramming as many 500€ notes into your suit pockets as you can.

At this point Germany has basically declared war on UEFA. Politicians, stadiums, Munich in general, non-sporting arenas. All flying the rainbow tomorrow. There’s at least a dozen major venues or landmarks I can name that will be doing this tomorrow now. UEFA have made a meal of this from a PR Point of view. It’s a nightmare.

But UEFA broadcasting a close up of a mrs as her mr lies literally dead on the floor getting cpr is totally fine by them just god don’t threaten to put a set of stadium lights in a rainbow flag.

Sadly it seems that the stadium and Bayern have both decided not to disregard UEFA stating that they have a rental agreement that precludes them from going against their wishes on this (ie as you said someone is looking at not starting a fight over this because of the 2022 CL final.)

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 22 2021, 04:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
The majority of German teams have responded by lightning their stadiums up!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jun 22 2021, 05:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Quarantilas @ Jun 22 2021, 04:36 PM) *
Makes a change for us to agree so completely on something laugh.gif

Theres too much money in football these days and UEFA is probably the most guilty in this respect as Europe’s governing body. But I guess it’s hard to clamp down on dodgy finances and overbloated player wages And agent fees when you’re busy ramming as many 500€ notes into your suit pockets as you can.
At this point Germany has basically declared war on UEFA. Politicians, stadiums, Munich in general, non-sporting arenas. All flying the rainbow tomorrow. There’s at least a dozen major venues or landmarks I can name that will be doing this tomorrow now. UEFA have made a meal of this from a PR Point of view. It’s a nightmare.

But UEFA broadcasting a close up of a mrs as her mr lies literally dead on the floor getting cpr is totally fine by them just god don’t threaten to put a set of stadium lights in a rainbow flag.
Sadly it seems that the stadium and Bayern have both decided not to disregard UEFA stating that they have a rental agreement that precludes them from going against their wishes on this (ie as you said someone is looking at not starting a fight over this because of the 2022 CL final.)

Oh yes totally agreeing is not like us laugh.gif But this is basic decency, I respect that other countries have different laws (which are abhorrent) but I see no reason why the football community cannot show faith and solidarity in the face of oppression. Really hope this fires back against UEFA and Germany make the most out of it, which it seems they are doing. I'm sure the Hungarian Government will be cheesed off, but there have been so many own goals from UEFA this tournament- some horrendous broadcasting and lots of people are rightly beginning to question the current format with how teams in the latter groups have an advantage for qualifying third!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 22 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Queen of Soon
This continues to backfire spectacularly.

This was the lead story on the German news tonight. And now 46 (!) other stadiums have said they’ll don the rainbow

Shit tonnes of companies and Bundesliga teams have been busy changing their twitter logos and that in support. Even the government and the CDU/CSU *the majority of whom voted against equal marriage law* have come out against UEFA (although it is an election year and that will play well in the cities so pinch of salt required)

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jun 22 2021, 09:25 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Why don’t the fans just show their support?

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jun 22 2021, 09:39 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Awful from UEFA.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 23 2021, 11:48 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Queen of Soon

UEFA clearly following the British Government Guide to crisis management. They’ve dug in, claimed to be something they’re not and now to reaaaaaaalllllly offend everyone they’ve smacked a rainbow in their profile pic. c**ts

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jun 23 2021, 12:35 PM
Post #13
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I really don't understand how its deemed 'political' its human rights there is a difference. All it does is show a mark of solidarity againist hungary's shameful rulings of late.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 23 2021, 12:54 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(HarryBorelli @ Jun 23 2021, 12:35 PM) *
I really don't understand how its deemed 'political' its human rights there is a difference. All it does is show a mark of solidarity againist hungary's shameful rulings of late.

It's still a political statement. UEFA are accurate there. Just a positive political statement that is hopefully on its way to becoming a moral absolute. Which I'm only saying because Fidesz and their insane supporters are still a large political force. When an organisation makes a rule of 'no political statements', they should really clarify that to 'no issues of debate*' and allow messages aimed at positive identity rights.

Hope every stadium gets to show off the rainbow now.

*there is of course no valid debate about LGBT rights

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jun 24 2021, 07:19 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
And yet there’s numerous occasions when they allow political statements such as when England play in November or when Ireland played on the anniversary of the Easter rising and there was a display of remembrance.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 2 2021, 03:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Deutsche Welle now reporting that those companies who adjusted their pitch side adverts to be more colourful in response to UEFA banning the Allianz from lighting up in Rainbow colours have now been told to revert to their previous advertising for games in Russia And Azerbaijan.

Absolutely furious. The answer, you parasitic corrupt bast*rds, is to allow these adverts to stand and threaten to expel the countries from all UEFA competitions if they cause issues. But no. Gazprom’s cash too busy weaselling it’s way into the pockets of UEFA execs

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:29 AM