BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Wanted - 2nd Album// Singles
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post Jun 5 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #421
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I honestly doubt The Wanted will ever have another song like Glad You Came, it's by far the greatest thing they have ever done. Chasing The Sun has grown so old so fast!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jay727
post Jun 5 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #422
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273
I agree Lee, most of their material has grown old fast. Glad You Came wont happen again, that is their killer song. Most artists are lucky to have one killer single, some dont get one at all, cant see them having two.

+Quote this post
BuzzLightyear
post Jun 7 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #423
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,330
I doubt The Wanted will struggle in the future, Ed Drewett will keep supplying them with hits no doubt.

I had to laugh when Max said he was glad they weren't off the X Factor production line, he actually failed to get through to the live shows as part of a boyband!

Btw I used to think they couldn't sing but One Direction have three superior singers (Liam, Harry, Zayn) to anyone in The Wanted. Don't believe me? Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l48NsgWrgrg...ture=plpp_video

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 8 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #424
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(BuzzLightyear @ Jun 8 2012, 12:48 AM) *
I doubt The Wanted will struggle in the future, Ed Drewett will keep supplying them with hits no doubt.

I had to laugh when Max said he was glad they weren't off the X Factor production line, he actually failed to get through to the live shows as part of a boyband!

Btw I used to think they couldn't sing but One Direction have three superior singers (Liam, Harry, Zayn) to anyone in The Wanted. Don't believe me? Check this out...

His boyband got to the finals, but got replaced after they'd already had a record deal or something like that. (It was/is against X Factor rules, I believe) They were responsible for one of my favourite boyband singles in the last 5 years. ('The Last Goodbye') but now Max is in The Wanted and one of the others is having a little success in the band Lawson. (Who I predict will be pretty big in the US for some reason)

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jun 22 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #425
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Alternate music video;

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Jun 23 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #426
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Are the Wanted doing a new album? There was talk of battleground being re-released but not heard anything about that for ages.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jun 23 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #427
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Ed Drewett's about to release his own material as a solo artist and has been writing with Olly Murs for his new album as well so I imagine he's casting the net in other places. The Wanted sound, from recent interviews anyway, as if they're going more US-centric (God) on this next album of theirs and that's gonna switch people off big time. The trouble is is that the success of 'Glad You Came' has bred them with massive egos thinking they've 'cracked' America when in reality - going by their album sales out there thus far anyway - they haven't.

TBH I think Lawson are a much better band and are gonna overtake them soon. I've met them and seen them play live and they're a lot nicer and they've got better material as well. 'When She Was Mine' wasn't instant, granted but wait until you hear their next single 'Taking Over Me'. Even Popjustice has been raving about it!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 23 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #428
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Yeah, I don't think The Wanted will particularly 'last' a lot longer if I'm honest. Not saying they'll split up, but I'm fairly sure their success will diminish. It does seem they're more US leaning now, not that I don't prefer the sound but they can't get too complacent seeing as it's the song that's broken America and not the band. Chasing The Sun looks like it'll do OK but I'd be shokced if they had anymore hits without material recorded specifically for the US, and that could lead to the 'Natasha Bedingfield effect' where the UK goes off them, the US then go off them so they come crawling back and then the UK still don't want them.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jun 23 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #429
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 23 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Yeah, I don't think The Wanted will particularly 'last' a lot longer if I'm honest. Not saying they'll split up, but I'm fairly sure their success will diminish. It does seem they're more US leaning now, not that I don't prefer the sound but they can't get too complacent seeing as it's the song that's broken America and not the band. Chasing The Sun looks like it'll do OK but I'd be shokced if they had anymore hits without material recorded specifically for the US, and that could lead to the 'Natasha Bedingfield effect' where the UK goes off them, the US then go off them so they come crawling back and then the UK still don't want them.

It's not even as if 'Chasing The Sun' has done well back here in the UK either. It was #2 true but they did no promotion for it apart from Britain's Got Talent - such is their relentless focus on the US - and it's chart run has been brief to say the least!

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 23 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #430
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
They need better writers. I cringe everytime I hear their lyrics.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 25 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #431
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(BuzzLightyear @ Jun 8 2012, 12:48 AM) *

Ed better keep the best songs for himself ;_; I have been waiting for am album from him for too long now.

+Quote this post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:24 PM