BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Man thinks he's been dating Katy Perry for 6 years, Catfish
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post 27th August 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I believe this was featured in a recent episode of Catfish, I found it pretty unvelievable! ohmy.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...arebar_facebook

Katy herself has responded to it as well: http://www.etonline.com/news/196517_katy_p...oes_out_to_him/

Poor guy.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
kye
post 27th August 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

I've just watched this episode of Catfish and I have mixed feelings about it.

The guy is super weird & creepy and would not at any point believe that it wasn't Katy he was talking to.
Even after he'd MET the girl who had been catfishing him, he was emailing the 'Katy' address and saying he'd met a girl who says she's responsible.
Seriously, seriously deluded.. Either that or he's mentally ill.

It's so nice for Katy to speak out about it and wish him well.
She probably saw the episode and didn't want to arrange to meet him or anything in case he thought he was right all along laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 28th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post #3
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

Part of me is really struggling to believe this story. I know there are extremely deluded people out there who always rise to the forefront of Catfish and shows of its kind, and unfortunately this is how we do reality TV these days, but the whole thing seems like peacock...or 'poppycock', or whatever the phrase is.

I mean, it's like if I'd had a teenage dream that I kissed a girl who's famous like Katy, and then somehow convinced myself I'd actually been wide awake at the time and am now in a six-year relationship with her?! Surely a firework would go off in my head and I'd know that I'd have to be a serious dark horse (feat. Juicy J) to actually pull that off, not least cos I'd be utterly starstrukk by her every time we interacted!

People should stop walking on air and realise that their lives are not like the movies, not even a totally realistic documentary like E.T. If you're chatting to someone online who says they're a celebrity, you definitely shouldn't bother dressin' up when you meet them because, by all probability, you and the person who you love are not legendary lovers. It's definitely not who you think it is and, by the grace of god, I say that unconditionally. It's more likely one of the boys from your high school just messing around and surely thinking of you as a complete fool.

Circle the drain.

This post has been edited by Noahspike: 28th August 2016, 02:22 AM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th August 2016, 02:24 AM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Oh my god

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th August 2016, 02:39 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm sorry but how on earth would you not realise that it wasn't Katy Perry in the first place rotf.gif He probably was mentally ill or something so he can't really help that.

+Quote this post
kye
post 28th August 2016, 02:39 AM
Post #6
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

To make it worse, the girl was 12 when he started talking to her ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 28th August 2016, 02:41 AM
Post #7
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Noah!! rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th August 2016, 09:44 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Aug 28 2016, 03:20 AM) *
Part of me is really struggling to believe this story. I know there are extremely deluded people out there who always rise to the forefront of Catfish and shows of its kind, and unfortunately this is how we do reality TV these days, but the whole thing seems like peacock...or 'poppycock', or whatever the phrase is.

I mean, it's like if I'd had a teenage dream that I kissed a girl who's famous like Katy, and then somehow convinced myself I'd actually been wide awake at the time and am now in a six-year relationship with her?! Surely a firework would go off in my head and I'd know that I'd have to be a serious dark horse (feat. Juicy J) to actually pull that off, not least cos I'd be utterly starstrukk by her every time we interacted!

People should stop walking on air and realise that their lives are not like the movies, not even a totally realistic documentary like E.T. If you're chatting to someone online who says they're a celebrity, you definitely shouldn't bother dressin' up when you meet them because, by all probability, you and the person who you love are not legendary lovers. It's definitely not who you think it is and, by the grace of god, I say that unconditionally. It's more likely one of the boys from your high school just messing around and surely thinking of you as a complete fool.

Circle the drain.

magic.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post 28th August 2016, 10:32 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

I saw this, how the hell could you be so THICK to think Katy would type like that (like it's 2016 and nobody has typed like OMG! I luv u :3! LOL! XD! for a good 5 years.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:58 AM