BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> New Single // Just Like Fire, Alice Through The Looking Glass // 15th April
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 15th April 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Omg, just like everything of hers, I'm falling in love instantly with this. It also now top 10 on iTunes, I didn't think it'd make much of an impression. Glad to be wrong!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th April 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
This couldn't be less predictable, really laugh.gif If anything, for the film it's promoting, I thought it would be a brooding ballad. I love that it's like Red era Taylor Swift covering American Pie era Madonna, but at the same time only Pink could sing this <3

+Quote this post
Regina
post 15th April 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Full on rap album next P!nk *.*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 16th April 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #44
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
It's 'ight. Really don't understand what's so amazing about it to get people wetting themselves over it, but it's ok. Definitely preferred a few of the tracks from her last album over this so far.

+Quote this post
jakee
post 16th April 2016, 06:46 AM
Post #45
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
i'm taken aback after the details filtered through that THIS is the song we've gotten. as liam accurately noted earlier this has all the hallmarks of a gutsy lead single after a notable break.

it's a nod to the past, taking on new territory sonically for pink (the folk spliced with rapping and that falsetto breakdown), a total rebellion to the adult contemporary audience she was beginning to build and fits in nicely with the current musical climate quite well. it is kind of everything but the iamspamspamamisink but just about manages to hold it together and is an out and out joy.

well done pink IT'S BEEN A BLOODY WHILE, now a record in this direction and the world can be very happy.

+Quote this post
jakee
post 16th April 2016, 06:55 AM
Post #46
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Apr 15 2016, 09:57 AM) *
Quite boring really. I'm more excited for the cover.

now i know you say all of this for a reaction and want to be indulged and i'm actually going to do that for once, "boring" how exactly? as a song it's many things ('dated' perhaps, a 'hot scrambled mess' etc) but 'boring' is the word i'd use to describe it, certainly not as a pop lover (unless lana's b-side demo collection is your idea of living)

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 16th April 2016, 07:03 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
QUOTE(Jake @ Apr 16 2016, 07:55 AM) *
now i know you say all of this for a reaction and want to be indulged and i'm actually going to do that for once, "boring" how exactly? as a song it's many things ('dated' perhaps, a 'hot scrambled mess' etc) but 'boring' is the word i'd use to describe it, certainly not as a pop lover (unless lana's b-side demo collection is your idea of living)

I'm just missing a hook. That's all. No drama. Like I said... Excited for the cover.

I am a big lover of Lana's catalogue?! This doesn't sound v. LDR to me.

This post has been edited by KWEEN_DEE: 16th April 2016, 07:04 AM

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 16th April 2016, 09:21 AM
Post #48
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
Right now that i'm home and had some sleep, i've listened to the track properly and this is what i think....

WOW
Very different to what I expected. I was expecting something a bit more dark and twisted and moody
The lyrics are great, very catchy
THE RAP....Pink always said she wanted to be a rapper tongue.gif

Overall I think its a great song, not sure I would say its one of her best ever, but I like it biggrin.gif I'm excited to see the music video now biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Also, when I checked this morning it is at number 5 on the UK iTunes which is amazing considering that apart from social media posts she hasn't really done any promo for this, and I expect it to do well for a while now, especially when the movie is released (which is on my birthday, so thanks for the birthday gift P!nk heehee.gif )

I've also put the video from VEVO in the first post of this thread too, not sure if its been posted here yet, I spent a couple of days away from my laptop and i've too much catching up to do drama.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 16th April 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #49
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
It's just great to hear new music from her. It sounds a bit old school Pink too which I love, it could have come out of any era between 2002 and 2006. I'm really impressed to see how it's doing on iTunes, she never seems to lose her appeal even after a long break.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 16th April 2016, 02:56 PM
Post #50
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Lovely! The guitar is light and feathery, it's got a very pleasant sound to it yet with her trademark kick (rap etc) that stops it from becoming boring. She really is so very versatile and enduring as a singer, never a crushing disappointment and always a delight.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 16th April 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Quite enjoying this! biggrin.gif

Also support P!nk in the Pop forum if you would ty angel.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 16th April 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 16 2016, 03:56 PM) *
Lovely! The guitar is light and feathery, it's got a very pleasant sound to it yet with her trademark kick (rap etc) that stops it from becoming boring. She really is so very versatile and enduring as a singer, never a crushing disappointment and always a delight.

Have you tried a Pink album yet, Iz?

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 16th April 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #53
Group icon
QUOTE(T Boy @ Apr 16 2016, 06:47 PM) *
Have you tried a Pink album yet, Iz?

I keep meaning to get around to it but haven't yet! I think I'll have to be heading for one of Try This/I'm Not Dead/Funhouse (as those are where I like the most singles) as soon as I get a free moment.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th April 2016, 12:28 AM
Post #54
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
'I'm Not Dead' >>> the others <3

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 17th April 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #55
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
Yes defo start with I'm Not Dead Iz! Although Try This does have a bit of a rock edge to it which you'll probably like too happy.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 17th April 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
I'm Not Dead is the best but Try This was my first Pink album and I was hooked after that. Took me quite a while to get round to Can't Take Me Home but even that's pretty good for what it is.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 17th April 2016, 08:10 AM
Post #57
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
I'm loving this. She never fails to deliver, does she?!

'Missundaztood' has always been my favourite!
Haven't actually listened to albums for so long though, think I'll have to have a re-listen to them all 😍

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 17th April 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Well I've just gone through Try This and I'm Not Dead and the latter really is quite amazing. The title track, Runaway, Fences, Centrefold, Conversations... are all going into my 'P!nk tracks I really like' list. Try This is also fairly good although consistently good rather than having named standouts although the rock edge on tracks like Unwind is very welcome.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 17th April 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
Oh Iz, I'm glad you've dabbled. I feel Pink is an artist where the singles just dint quite cover her greatness.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 17th April 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 17 2016, 05:24 PM) *
Well I've just gone through Try This and I'm Not Dead and the latter really is quite amazing. The title track, Runaway, Fences, Centrefold, Conversations... are all going into my 'P!nk tracks I really like' list. Try This is also fairly good although consistently good rather than having named standouts although the rock edge on tracks like Unwind is very welcome.

Unwind is a great track heart.gif

Try Missundaztood some time too, in my opinion its her best album. Also some of her b-sides (heartbreaker, words, disconnected...) are amazing too.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:30 AM