BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Port Vale FC, Robbie's continuing support
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Laura130262
post Aug 22 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,265
   No Gallery Pics

I looked to see if we already had a topic for this.

I think he will become more and more involved at PV now there are (finally) decent owners. I thought it might need its' own thread.

There's a lot of support for the home and away strip that RW helped to design. They're stating record sales at the club.

I thought the "watch this space" comment interesting

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Aug 22 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Robbie's got his photo on the side of Vale Park smile.gif

That will make him very happy.

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Aug 22 2020, 11:37 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Aug 23 2020, 12:20 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,135

Good idea Laura smile.gif

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Aug 23 2020, 11:16 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Reading @onevalefan.co.uk 1500 of the away shirts have been sold in 24 hours. A club record. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Aug 24 2020, 08:57 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Aug 24 2020, 12:16 AM) *
Reading @onevalefan.co.uk 1500 of the away shirts have been sold in 24 hours. A club record. smile.gif

The fans are loving them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Sep 11 2020, 11:44 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Carol Shanahan is one of the new owners of the club.

It's her that has bought in all the positive changes. Hence RW getting involved there again.

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Sep 12 2020, 05:57 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member

It is a striking strip , the clubs fans love it

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Sep 14 2020, 05:29 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Sep 14 2020, 05:29 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Apr 21 2021, 07:46 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams homecoming concert: New date for Stoke-on-Trent gig
The 2020 concert was cancelled due to coronavirus

Potteries megastar Robbie Williams is to perform at Vale Park next year - after a new date for his homecoming concert was revealed.

The Port Vale fan had been due to perform at the home of the Valiants in June last year only for organisers to pull the plug due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Now a new date has been revealed on posters and ticketing websites - Saturday June 4, 2022.

After last year's gig was cancelled Robbie recorded a special video message for fans where he revealed that the concert was "the gig of a lifetime".

He added: "Obviously I'm incredibly gutted about not being able to make the homecoming gig at Port Vale - it's a gig of a lifetime."

It had previously been reported that the organisers had been hoping for a new date in the summer of this year. But that was before the spike in Covid-19 cases over the winter period and the toughening of lockdown measures.

Now Robbie and his fans can finally look forward to what promises to be a special night in Burslem.

It is understood that existing ticket holders have been contacted with details of the new date and have been told to keep hold of their tickets which will be valid.

Last year StokeonTrentLive reported how organisers had previously stated that more than 60 per cent of the 10,000 tickets sold for the concert had been snapped up by fans in the ST (Staffordshire) postcode area. Organisers had previously said the huge stage for the gig will be positioned across the Railway Paddock - allowing spectators to view the performance from the Hamil Road, Bycars and Lorne Street sides of the stadium, as well as on the pitch itself.

Three charities were also set to benefit from the gig - Unicef UK, the Hubb Foundation, and the Donna Louise Children's Hospice.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-...ert-new-5325430

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Feb 4 2022, 12:18 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Feb 4 2022, 06:00 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams homecoming concert: Big ticket news ahead of June gig

Another 10,000 tickets will go on sale in April

Thousands more tickets for Robbie Williams' homecoming concert at his beloved Vale Park will go on sale later this year. It has been confirmed that the capacity for the Burslem concert will be around 20,000, with 10,000 more tickets set to go on sale in April. Organisers say 10,000 tickets have already been sold for the June 4 gig.

They have also revealed that the huge stage for the gig will back onto the Railway Stand, allowing fans to view the performance from the pitch, as well as in the Hamil, the Bycars, in the Lorne Street and in the Lorne Street hospitality boxes. Port Vale director and Hubb Foundation trustee Martin Tideswell said: "We have regular meetings with Rob’s team, his management company and the concert promoters and stage management company. We really are starting to see this activity ramping up now. "It won’t be long until we have contractors on site. We do know that from around May 27, part of the stadium footprint is going to become off limits because we will have contractors on site. "So, for example the area outside the Port Vale club shop and ticket office will become part of the concert village so we, as a club, have to think about the logistics of what does that mean for us in that time. "Where perhaps we can’t give people access to certain parts of the stadium or the club shop, would we have a pop up shop for example because we are going to do the kit launch for next season probably 10 days before the concert to try to maximise opportunities around that.

"I have spoken to Rob on a number of occasions. He keeps in regular contact. The last time we had a message from him, he was aware of what had happened to The Leopard pub in Burslem, he was really upset by that and said what a tragedy it was. "I know from the conversations we have had, he is personally looking forward to the concert very much. For him, this is going to be a very special occasion because not only is he in his home city, but he will also be at Vale Park and Port Vale means an awful lot to him. "For the club and the charities it is a huge opportunity. "We don’t know what monies will be raised at the moment, we are some way off that, but we are looking potentially at sums that could be transformative for an organisation like the Hubb Foundation. "As well as whatever money is raised from things like ticket sales, the charities will try to maximise the opportunities with things like t-shirts and collections on the day.

"We are looking into memorabilia and merchandise to say I was at that concert.

"It is a really exciting time and we are just starting to see the beginning of the work ramping up.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/whats-on/wh...ert-big-6601839

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Feb 5 2022, 12:22 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

That's great it's going ahead. dance.gif

It will be nice if it's mostly Stoke Folk there.

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Dec 24 2022, 10:24 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Nov 22 2023, 05:29 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member

PHIL YOUR BOOTS Phil Taylor considers huge career change with Robbie Williams following darts goat’s retirement

DARTS legend Phil Taylor has claimed he could follow in Robbie Williams' footsteps by investing in local club Port Vale. Take That star Williams, 49, revealed earlier this week his plan to get involved with the League One side in the future. And 16-time world champion Taylor, 63, has admitted he could be convinced to do the same.

Speaking to The Star, The Power said: "Would I invest in Port Vale? I don’t know. "I’m friends with Robbie, but he’s never mentioned anything to me. "But if he asked me, I’d probably consider it, yeah. I might even get a game with my dodgy hip! “I only lived about half a mile from the ground as a boy. "My dad was a fan and he used to lift me over the turnstiles because he couldn’t afford to pay."

Williams' inspiration comes from Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney's investment in Wrexham - along with his well-publicised love for Port Vale - who sit 17th in the third tier. The popstar said: "The Ryan Reynolds thing is intoxicating. It’s a beautiful story. It’s fascinating. It’s a fairytale. "I’d like to be involved in something like that. My big love in football is Port Vale, a very small team in the UK, so somewhere down the line I’ll have something to do with it."

But unlike Williams, Taylor, who retired in 2018, also holds a soft spot for Vale's rivals Stoke. He added: "I do look at the Stoke results and like them to win. I want the whole Stoke crew and Vale to win if they can. "I have a little bet on them each Saturday, but I never get paid out very often."

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/11726110/phil-t...ort-vale-darts/

This post has been edited by Sydney11: Nov 22 2023, 05:30 PM

+Quote Post
Better Man
post Nov 23 2023, 09:24 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 12,584
   No Gallery Pics

It would be fantastic.
Again, as a fan of Robbie, his music and football I'm over the Moon when he is mixing music and football at the same time.

So, wish watch Port Vale vs Man Utd in EPL at one day!

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Jan 27 2024, 12:41 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I'm genuinely excited by this. cheer.gif

I really hope one day he will own Port Vale happy.gif

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Jan 27 2024, 12:43 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Jan 27 2024, 08:42 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 27 2024, 12:41 AM) *
I'm genuinely excited by this. cheer.gif

I really hope one day he will own Port Vale happy.gif

Phil Taylor mentioned the interest last year . May just happen you know smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:55 PM