BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

185 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spice Girls • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Sep 23 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #1
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Talk about the Spice Girls' reunion here! Feel free to post news articles, videos, pictures, social media links etc.

October 2018

13th October: The Sun claims that reunion tour will start in May 2019. Mel B & Geri pictured arriving at Alva West Studios. https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/74883...l-start-in-may/

June 2018

27th June: Mel B promises that the Spice Girls will be performing/touring. http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=6028209

May 2018

6th May: Mel B posts on Instagram - Can’t wait to see my girls next week yipppeeee #girlpower #friendshipneverends #90s https://www.instagram.com/p/BiaG4zZFqzq/?ta...by=officialmelb http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5993338

February 2018

Spice Girls reunite at Geri's house, with their former manager Simon Fuller also in attendance. Victoria posted a picture of the 5 girls together on her Instagram. http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5926549

Official statement posted here: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5926604

Melanie C & Emma Bunton chat about the meeting during radio interviews: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5929876

Geri & Victoria discuss in the meeting in articles posted in The Sun & The Mirror: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5930543

The Spice Girls publicist is confirmed as DawBell, who state "Exciting news will be announced soon.": http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5931670
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missingyou
post Sep 24 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,429
   No Gallery Pics

theres an article in the sun saying that Simon is now the point of contact for any use of their name/material and that Melanie C is back in discussions for a reunion with the girls (minus VB)

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Sep 24 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

I hope so I feel the 4 girls have unfinished business and the musical opening night is not how I want the spice girls to end.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Sep 24 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #4

I always hope for the best re: a reunion, but at the same time I'm not holding my breath. heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Maz!
post Nov 12 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217

Some articles in The Sun and Daily Mail this morning about a possible reunion

THE SPICE Girls will reform for a TV special and compilation album next year – with Victoria Beckham.

Mel C brought about the reunion after she and Posh sunk a previous revival bid

But sources confirmed the plans are back on track, after Melanie C launched a campaign to get the girls back together.

An insider said: “The five of them have been locked in secret talks since the summer, and finally they are all on-board for a 2018 reunion.

“As it stands, they will be working together on a series of projects, which will include an album and a TV special celebrating the Spice Girls.

“And getting Victoria to agree has been a coup for everyone involved, given she has always been the person holding back on a reunion.
“The fact she is on board now is down to how much closer the five of them have become recently.”

The pop legends, who are working with former boss Simon Fuller on the reunion, are said to have become closer in the wake of Mel B’s explosive divorce battle.

And the birth of Geri’s son Monty is also said to have acted as a “uniting force.”

Sun Article

Ofcourse it's The Sun so we have take this with a pinch of salt but didn't Geri said in RED magazine interview that something is in the works?

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Nov 12 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

I hope it happens. If it does it'll be a shame denden wasn't around for it.

No disrespect to buzz jack which is great.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 12 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #7
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Not entirely convinced about the truth surrounding this I mean GEM was meant to be a thing and look how that turned out.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 12 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I've always thought a TV special would be perfect for them to reunite. Vic could have more control over the vocals content. A tv special and short uk tour with a compilation album with unreleased stuff and a new song is how my perfect 20th reunion would have gone. So I really hope this is true.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Nov 12 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Also although it is only the Sun they did seem to know most things about the 20th reunion that never happened. Like they said mel c had dropped out well before the 3 recorded song for her.

They also did some random article going through everything that happened last year with the reunion and plans that folded. It seemed odd to make a story of all the stories of last year but I guess they knew something was going on behind the scenes again.

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Nov 12 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

Sounds amazing and all But I just hope it's true .

This post has been edited by Blond 2.0: Nov 12 2017, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Nov 12 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 18,512

Interesting that if this happens it will be around the time the Pussycat Dolls reunite as well. Wonder if they would tour together?

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Nov 12 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE((Zach) @ Nov 12 2017, 02:53 PM) *
Interesting that if this happens it will be around the time the Pussycat Dolls reunite as well. Wonder if they would tour together?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I sincerely hope not!

+Quote Post
vibe
post Nov 12 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Sounds like BS

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Nov 12 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #14

Here we go again! Every time there's new reunion rumours, I get so hopeful... I need to try and keep my expectations at a low level!

I'd be quite satisfied with a TV special, if it was something similar to the "...at the BBC" specials that Adele, Harry Styles & Sam Smith have done. A mixture of performances and interviews! I'd much rather that than another documentary in which they're interviewed separately. I'd do everything in my power to try and get a seat in the TV special audience. laugh.gif

I'd only be interested in a second compilation album if they were prepared to include lots of bonus material, i.e. unreleased tracks/rarities. Otherwise, I'd see no point in it, given that we already have Greatest Hits containing all of their singles. I'd hope they'd make some sort of effort to promote it, beyond just a one-off TV special, i.e. doing interviews with magazines/newspapers, and TV interviews. Did the Spice Girls even do any sit-down interviews in the ROTSG era? It'd be great for them to do the likes of Graham Norton.

Obviously a tour and new music is the most ideal outcome for a reunion, but I've accepted that both are highly unlikely. So I'd definitely embrace the TV special rumoured plan.

It's always exciting when there's new rumours (and once again it's attracted the attention of all sorts of online newspapers / gossip sites), but I'm not going to be holding my breath. :')

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Nov 12 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

Dead at this *.* but I have my doubts because it's come from The Sun laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 12 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I hope its true id like to see them do something. Its likely if they do, this time round the release will be an Ultimate Collection. I hope there is at least 2 new tracks.

+Quote Post
missingyou
post Nov 13 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 4,429
   No Gallery Pics

OK, so forgive in advance for the long post about my feelings.

I so hope this is true, but I have been so upset when things haven't worked out previously. I was all for the 3 piece GEM project and was heartbroken when Geri quit. I was also really down for new music from a 4 piece band without VB in 2012/13 until Melanie C put paid to that so I don't wanna get too excited.

Obviously any project or photoshoot would get me excited, but I am finding it quite hard to believe that VB would want to take part in anything that involves performing? I thought even at the Olympics she looked uncomfortable - a big difference from the ROTSG era VB who initially seemed to really enjoy the performing. If the TV special is another bloody Giving You Everything/Viva Forever documentary i'll be a tad disappointed, I wanna see something more along the lines of An Audience With... something a bit more interactive. I'd love to see them perform Viva Forever again, something stripped back. It's a shame they didn't perform on The X Factor (when it was big!) in 2012 to promote the musical, that would have been quite a big boost for them.

I assume all the papers saying 'new album' they mean a hits collection/anthology type thing, rather than a fourth studio album. If its just another Greatest Hits though, I think it would be better to repackage the 2007 one, with a bonus disk or whatever, so that the sales talley adds onto the existing one, rather than a new one that sells <100,000 copies (sales are really low these days). And for gods sake release the bloody thing on vinyl.

Promotion is always going to be an issue, VB isn't going to suspend her fashion line for six months to promote something Spice related, so I guess a TV special is about as good as its gonna get, but I did always wish they would do a one-off stadium show, rather than a tour, something that VB would be more likely to be able to do time-wise, but again her lack of interest in performing would put paid to that. If they did though, they could do a one-off or two-night show, film it and whack it out on DVD.. mission accomplished haha. I agree with the comment above about a Graham Norton show, maybe they could do it as a special where the only guests are the Girls or maybe have the other guests as people the girls have a relationship with, David, Simon would be obvious go-to people. I'd also like to see them do something a bit more low key, such as This Morning, where they always had a good relationship. I admire the girls for still doing stuff like that even when they were global icons, these days acts do one performance and expect the music to sell on twitter fanbase alone.

One last thing, is expecatation of image... Melanie B looks amazing all the time. The outfits they wore to promote Headlines were ridiculous! they underwear in the video and then bloody Top Hat Spice on the TV performance! I just want them to look like what the Spice girls would look like in 2017.. not mutton dressed as lamb, but not like they are about to go to a black tie event. The Olympics were a good example of them getting the styling bang on.

I'm not moaning by the way, just thinking about how if this really does happen, it will really be the last hurrah for the girls and i'm just thinking about how perfect it could be in my head haha.

Whatever happens, I'll be here for the ride. Just like always.

Girl Power! XO

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Nov 13 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #18
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Oh my god GEM was a HEATED MESS, a normal mess where heat is applied to make it even hotter and messier than before!!!

This will be SO much better ... if true.

NO PUSSYCAT NICOLE SCHERZINGER DOLLS!!!

+Quote Post
pippa
post Nov 13 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The GEM project would have been disastrous. This, if true, is the best approach.

+Quote Post
cripesdude
post Nov 13 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #20
New Entry
Member No.: 39,646
   No Gallery Pics

I'm waiting for anything to be officially announced before I believe it.

I feel like anything will be along 'final farewell' lines but we'll see!

Some quick thoughts:

- excited nervousness for a new album... perhaps it would be a deluxe greatest hits with some new/unreleased tracks (WOMAN!?)...
- tv special sounds most plausible out of everything... hopefully like 'an audience with'...
- I'd really like a final live show, perhaps a week at Wembley stadium... FILMED THIS TIME!...
- for god's sake vinyl. A spiceworld repress. The greatest hits! Pleeeeeeaaase!...

+Quote Post

185 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Spice Girls Net

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:37 PM