BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscars 2014: Who should've won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vote for your favourite
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Josh!
post 7th March 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I'll keep all of the rounds open until we do a tie-breaker round at the end to do the final 10 so feel free to still vote in the 2015 one with the link below!

Link to Oscars 2015 voting thread
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 7th March 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Gravity
Leonardo Di Caprio- The Wolf Of Wall Street He so should have won this year, by far the strongest!
Cate Blanchett- Blue Jasmine So nearly went for Judi Dench
Michael Fassbender- 12 Years A Slave
Lupita N'Yongo- 12 Years A Slave
Alfonso Cuaron- Gravity

+Quote this post
Regina
post 7th March 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Her
Matthew McConaughey
Amy Adams (I think if she had been nominated for Her she mighta won, watched it again the other night and it's such a beautiful performance)
Michael Fassbender
Lupita N'Yongo
Steve McQueen (Spike Jonez shoulda been nominated and won tbh)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 8th March 2016, 08:57 AM
Post #4
Group icon
c:

I'm not going to vote in this quite yet because I just bought Dallas Buyers Club the other day and am yet to see it.

Supporting actress is so hard to decide, probably Lupita because her soap speech is jaw-droppingly good but American Hustle is probably my favourite J-Law performance and Sally Hawkins was even better than Cate in Ble Jasmine imo!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 9th March 2016, 09:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
c:

Her (unique, touching, thought-provoking, the whole package really. I also really liked Philomena from this list)
Chiwetel Ejiofor - 12 Years A Slave (I thought he was solid but I don't think this category was particurlarly amazing this year, only seen three of the nominees but none properly wowed me.)
Meryl Streep - August: Osage County (Blue Jasmine has always been one of my top Cate performances and I've put off watching August.. for months now but I thought Meryl was the best I've seen her yet in this, so sharp and sad at the same time, really good! I also thought Judi Dench was very heart-warming in her performance)
Jared Leto - Dallas Buyers Club (Such an interesting character and brought to life by the great work from Jared, the only real standout here for me although I haven't seen Captain Phillips or TWOWS.)
Lupita Nyong'o - 12 Years A Slave (This was such a strong category, I have to give it to Lupita because her performance was so powerful but Jennifer Lawrence, Sally Hawkins and Julia Roberts all gave the performances of their career imo, not seen Nebraska.)
David O. Russel - American Hustle (Wasn't really astonished by the direction in any of these although Gravity was nice to look at, gave it to David because I liked how stylish AH felt and I feel like it deserved to take home one award at least.)

This makes me seem like a fairly big 12 Years A Slave fan and I did really like it but I preferred Gravity, August: Osage County, Blue Jasmine, Philomena, Her and Dallas Buyers Club as actual films from all the other nominees.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 9th March 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Seen less from this one as it pre-dates my Unlimited card when I started to see everything heehee.gif But I have seen 12 Years a Slave / Gravity / American Hustle / Dallas Buyers Club / Philomena / August: Osage County

Out of those, Philomena is my easy favourite and the only one I totally loved so that would be my pick for Best Pic (and Judi in the actress category).

Chiwetel, Lupita & Jared would be my choices in the other acting categories (as great as Matthew was too, and like Josh I think American Hustle is Jennifer's best performance, out of those she's been nominated for at least).

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 10th March 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I went for...

Film: '12 Years A Slave'
Actor: Chiwetel Ejiofor [12 Years A Slave] >> Strongest category of this year by far for me. All of them were fantastic! <<
Actress: Amy Adam [American Hustle] >> Almost by default really as I've only seen that and 'Gravity' from the list. Both deserving noms though. <<
Supporting Actor: Michael Fassbender [12 Years A Slave] >> But I'm really not mad at Jared winning over him! <<
Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o [12 Years A Slave]
Best Director: Steve McQueen [12 Years A Slave]

'Her' is so under appreciated, so to see that get a "Best Picture" nomination was wonderful to see. It's actually my favourite role from Amy!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:02 AM