BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PRODUCER POLLS ~ #02 RedOne
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
PRODUCER POLLS ~ RedOne
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
HausofKubrick
post Feb 16 2021, 05:58 PM
Post #1
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Continuing this new forum feature! cheer.gif We will be celebrating the works of some of Gaga's key producers and collaborators.

Listed here are all songs that RedOne has done alongside Gaga. Which of these are you a fan of and which ones would you rather he didn't help create? And then more generally, are you a fan of their work together and do you want them to work together again in the future?
  • "Boys Boys Boys"
  • "Just Dance"
  • "LoveGame"
  • "Money Honey"
  • "Paper Gangsta"
  • "Poker Face"
  • "Fashion"
  • "Alejandro"
  • "Bad Romance"
  • "Monster"
  • "So Happy I Could Die"
  • "Hair"
  • "Judas"
  • "Scheiße"
  • "Angel Down" + (Work Tape)
01. Mark Ronson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 16 2021, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Their friendship over the years:

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 16 2021, 06:01 PM
Post #3

OK, many will choose Bad Romance but let us know your SECOND favourite in that category too so it's not all the same from everyone? rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Feb 16 2021, 07:03 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

Bad Romance, Fashion, Yes, Yes

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 16 2021, 07:23 PM
Post #5
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

FAVOURITE: Bad Romance, Poker Face second but that hasn't aged well so I may reevaluate that in time
WORST: Paper Gangsta
Yes
Yes (Just to see what it would sound like)

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 07:48 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 82,234
   No Gallery Pics

Is that really a question? The man produced her biggest hits with her in the studio, they both basically created who Lady Gaga is today, there is no answer but YES. He's still mad at her today for having met with her for the entire 2015 and created the real LG5 and after that she rejected the entire album, leaving him with only one spot on the album, in the deluxe version, with a song he helped compose, and she took that same song and put it in the standard version, but produced by Mark Ronson. They sure must have fought badly for this to happen, which's why they haven't spoken in 6 years.

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Feb 16 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

Are you sure they haven't?

I chose Bad Romance but Alejandro and Poker Face are not far behind.

Money Honey is the worst.

Would be nice to see them working together in the future but don't know how essential that would be for her career as the only hit RedOne has produced in years is Kings and Queens for Ava Max.

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 08:52 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Feb 16 2021, 05:19 PM) *
Are you sure they haven't?

Yes, I'm sure of what I say, that's why years ago, when he was approached by lms on the street, RedOne seemed uncomfortable when talking about Gaga and the original LG5 (Franksteined etc). He really believed in the project and seemed very sad about how it ended.

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 09:05 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

It wasn't the first time that she had a beef with a longtime partner and a strong professional. I think you remember the mess that was the TEOG video after she fought with Kahn and decided to direct the video on her own. She is sometimes too self-centered to work as a team with other excellent professionals, which's why nowadays her team is made up of friends who will not go against her decisions. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Feb 16 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #10
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Member No.: 1,454

Favorite: Poker Face
Least favorite: Hair
Are you a fan?: Yes
Work with in the future?: Yes

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 09:14 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Laurieann Gibson, former choreographer of Gaga and her main videos and director of Judas and Y&I is another professional that Gaga blacklisted...

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 16 2021, 09:17 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Adelita @ Feb 16 2021, 09:05 PM) *
It wasn't the first time that she had a beef with a longtime partner and a strong professional. I think you remember the mess that was the TEOG video after she fought with Kahn and decided to direct the video on her own. She is sometimes too self-centered to work as a team with other excellent professionals, which's why nowadays her team is made up of friends who will not go against her decisions. rolleyes.gif

It means she can have full creative control of her music which is what she has always strived for!

Ultimately, no matter how strong the friendship was, I'm glad she chose the songs she wanted to for LG5 and not just picked songs she wasn't happy with to please this producer.

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 09:50 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Among Haus @ Feb 16 2021, 06:17 PM) *
It means she can have full creative control of her music which is what she has always strived for!

Ultimately, no matter how strong the friendship was, I'm glad she chose the songs she wanted to for LG5 and not just picked songs she wasn't happy with to please this producer.

Basically, what you're saying is that in all these fights that she had with her longtime partners, who basically created the Lady Gaga brand, they were all to blame and she was the only innocent? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 09:54 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Imagine being blind to the point of not being able to question the wrong decisions and steps that your artist made in his/her career... And there's no point in making me the villain because you're the ones who defend her mistakes and are also the ones who criticize the TEOG video, for example.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 16 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #15

I did not say that unsure.gif Don't put words into my mouth? I am saying that I am glad Lady Gaga is able to release the songs Lady Gaga wants to... I have no idea about these arguements or who caused them so how can I comment on them?

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Feb 16 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

She has had the same touring crew, choreographer and stylist for a decade, and the same manager for 8 years. Surely she is not that difficult to work with.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: Feb 16 2021, 10:11 PM

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 16 2021, 10:06 PM
Post #17

Anyway~

FAVE: Bad Romance (So Happy I Could Die second)
LEAST: Fashion
YES
YES

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 16 2021, 10:18 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Feb 16 2021, 07:05 PM) *
She has had the same touring crew, choreographer and stylist for a decade, and the same manager for 8 years. Surely she is not that difficult to work with.

She doesn't have a team, but a group of close friends and Bobby was always part of the Haus because he was Troy's assistant, when she and Troy split up, Bobby was used as a stopgap.

+Quote Post
Chemistry
post Feb 17 2021, 07:01 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 106,588
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Adelita @ Feb 16 2021, 10:05 PM) *

Too self-centered? lol. It's her career, she calls the shots and I think we should applause her being able to do whatever she wants. Not a lot of female artists can say that unfortunately.

+Quote Post
Adelita
post Feb 17 2021, 09:57 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Feb 17 2021, 04:01 AM) *
Too self-centered? lol. It's her career, she calls the shots and I think we should applause her being able to do whatever she wants. Not a lot of female artists can say that unfortunately.

That would be true if she had broken up with few professionals in the music industry, but she has a legion of them on her blacklist, which leads me to believe that she's an artist who isn't so easy to deal with. Sometimes it's good to take off the stan glasses and think about the other side of the story too.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:04 PM